Last Updated on 28 July 2023 IST | World Nature Conservation Day is commemorated every year to increase the awareness about best practices to safeguard our natural resources. We human beings live in this nature and environment given by God to us so it is our duty to put them to proper use in return or conserve them. But in this present scenario where we can observe depletion of these natural resources. Hence initiative like observing these sort of days will help mankind to revive the importance of nature and do the needful timely. Let us know about it in detail.
World Nature Conservation Day 2023 Highlights
- World Nature Conservation Day is an annual event observed each year on July 28 by default.
- The prime goal to observe this day is to make everyone aware about the vital value of our natural resources.
- A healthy environment is a foundation for a balanced and dynamic society.
- World Nature Conservation Day has no such history associated with it. Its sole aim is to motivate people to transform our society into an environmentally friendly one.
- We observe various other environmental days which aim to highlight the same cause.
- Every year we observe this day with all the citizens of the world based on a dedicated theme observed throughout the globe.
- Understanding the perishable nature of nature as it can help us understand the prime goal from this human life.
What is World Nature Conservation Day?
As we all know public issues are highlighted by marking international days. And the biggest issue in front of the entire human race is to protect nature and its resources which are depleting day by day as we are end users of its resources. So it’s our duty to protect them simultaneously. Therefore this day aims at reminding everyone about the importance of conservation of natural resources and vital environmental concerns which includes all types of flora and fauna, our fertile earth, increasing global warming and negative climate change, increasing water level, depleting aquatic habitat, decreasing green cover of forest on earth due to rapid expansion of industries, etc.
What is the History of World Nature Conservation Day?
World Nature Conservation Day has no such history or origin associated with it. The reason why this day came into existence and is renowned throughout the entire globe is because of the need to overcome the over exploitation of natural resources. And thus activities throughout this day aim at highlighting the need to conserve nature.
What is the Theme of World Nature Conservation Day 2023?
World Nature Conservation Day is associated with a new theme every year. Let us know about the theme for this year along with themes of previous years as well.
- 2023: Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet
- 2022: Living Sustainably in Harmony with Nature.
- 2021: “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
- 2020: No theme due to Covid-19
- 2019: “Nature on your mind: understanding our values”
- 2018: A good reason to celebrate wetlands.
When is World Nature Conservation Day?
July 28 is World Nature Conservation Day also known as World Conservation Day is observed every year on the same date. It aims at encouraging practices that can help us in conservation of nature. And raise awareness about the ways to conserve nature.
Importance of World Nature Conservation Day
- World Nature Conservation Day acknowledges that a healthy environment is a foundation for a balanced and dynamic society and to ensure the well-being of present and future generations, we must contribute to protect, conserve and sustainably manage our natural resources.
- It helps in conserving various types of species of plants and animals to ensure the richness in our biodiversity. And thus maintains our ecological balance.
- Increasing levels of pollution is contaminating the air, degradation of industrial waste into rivers is polluting the water and many more like these are polluting our natural resources like air, water, minerals, fossil fuels, flora and fauna, etc. And it in turn generates the importance of these international days.
- In the absence of its sustainable management we will all see our native earth being destroyed in front of our own eyes. Therefore arises the importance of the day which helps us realise the importance of the gift of natural resources to us.
What is the meaning of Conservation of Nature?
Conservation is like preservation, both connect to the protection of nature, wherein efforts are undertaken in different ways. Conservation strives for the sustainable use of nature by humans, for activities such as hunting, logging, or mining, while preservation means safeguarding nature from human use.
How do we Celebrate World Nature Conservation Day?
It is one such day that can be observed on every day of the entire year. It is such a universal day which is applicable to all sections of society because it grows from within initially. The natural resources consist of air, minerals, plants, soil, water, and wildlife. Conservation is the care and protection of these reserves so that they can stay for future generations. We can perform following steps to ensure their conservation and practice their celebration throughout the year:
- It involves taking care of each and every resource by minimizing its misuse.
- Preventing wildlife from getting endangered and extinct, protecting trees and diversity of various types of plants, thus encouraging their natural habitat to grow into numbers.
- Sustainable management of resources to reduce global warming and improve the natural habitat of our flora and fauna.
- Generating awareness at the local level by encouraging local volunteers to motivate people around them.
- Organising programmes amongst societies/ schools/ institutions to demonstrate various local activities that can conserve and encourage environmental friendly activities like planting more trees, management of waste(solid/liquid) etc.
- Practice 4 Rs which are Reduce, Recycle, Reuse and Refuse to protect various sorts of pollution at our levels. And consequently generate awareness for others.
- Organise programmes by supporting the dedicated theme circulated throughout the globe.
Other Environmental Days
For securing the environment’s authenticity by controlling its degradation there are other such days associated with the environment that aim the same as World Nature Conservation Day. These are:
- World Environment day.
- World Wildlife Day.
- World Earth Day.
- World Water Day.
- World Elephant Day.
- World Ozone Day.
- World Turtle Day.
- International Tiger Day.
- World Habitat Day.
- International Mountain Day.
Why is Nature Perishable?
The invaluable amount of resources present in nature is depleting day by day on our over exploitation. As nature is the gift of God to us, there is a spiritual logic behind this nature. The place we are living in belongs to Satan(Kaal Brahm) the devil here who kills us. And it was given to him from Almighty God Kabir in return for his worship. Because this is a place of Satan(Kaal Brahm), this is the reason why we keep dying and taking birth here and things are perishable here.
While in the kingdom of Almighty God Kabir which is called Satlok everything including living creatures, are immortal. There are no species of animals there. We don’t have to work there for survival, everything there is present in unlimited amounts and replenishes itself automatically by the word power of Supreme God Kabir. There is no old age there. People remain young forever once they book birth and reach a certain age. It has a creation like this and is made up of a single element called light (Noor) in place of five elements used here. And that’s why Kabir Saheb descends every now and then to wake our soul up who is entrapped in this cage of Satan to take us to that immortal land Satlok. Kabir Saheb says:
Santo ki vaani hai anmol, isse na samj sake anbol |
Sahib ne bhed diya sab khol, apni satlok rajdhani ka ||
How to Attain Complete Salvation?
In this world of uncertainties, it is very difficult to realise that we live in a place of Satan(Kaal Brahm). And he keeps interest in killing us and giving us birth again as per our fortune because we serve to him as food after our deaths. But for our welfare Kabir Saheb (our sole father) doesn’t leave us alone in this cage either. He has shown us the way to attain salvation through His Enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana, India. Since the year 1994 when He started giving Naam Diksha (Initiation), the period to get our welfare done has started.
He is giving the same method of worship as given by Supreme God Kabir 600 years ago when He descended from His immortal place Satlok for 120 years. And has been empowering His devotees from every kind of life threatening diseases to prove His identity. Further He has also manifested through the Holy Scriptures the exact creation of the universe which was hidden to us earlier. With such facilities available it is the golden opportunity for us to pounce upon For more information about this one can order and read the free Sacred book ‘Gyan Ganga‘ written by Him.
World Nature Conservation Day Quotes
- “Conservation is the state of harmony between men and land.” – Also Leopold
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Environment is a gift from God, taking care of it is a return gift.” – Basit Nisar Lone
- “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – John Ruskin
FAQ on World Nature Conservation Day?
Answer: Tamil Nadu
Answer: International Union for Conservation of Nature.
Answer: Javan Rhinos, Amur Leopard, Sunda Island Tiger, Mountain Gorillas, Tapanuli Orangutan,
Answer: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Answer: Mr. Bhupender Yada