World Wildlife Day 2021: Spirituality Prevents Birth in Wildlife Cycles and Leads to Attain Salvation
World Wildlife Day 2021 is observed on March 3. On this most important Global annual event, we would like to describe this day in detail. We are going to inform our readers about the WWD aim, History, Theme, Things to Do and much more about the spiritual way by which humans can avoid suffering by not going in birth of animals.
World Wildlife Day 2021: Highlights
- The United Nations observes World Wildlife Day on March 3 every year
- Main aim is to raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants
- Theme for WWD 2021 is “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”
- Know how birth in life cycles of wild animals, plants, birds can be avoided by taking refuge of Sant Rampal ji Maharaj
- Learn the Spiritual path to nourish all living beings on Planet Earth
World Wildlife Day 2021: When Is WWD 2021 Observed?
World Wildlife Day is observed on March 3 every year. On 20 December 2013, the United Nation General Assembly declared March 3 – the day of signature of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in 1973 – as UN World Wildlife Day. Also in one of the resolutions, UNGA nominated the CITES Secretariat as the facilitator for the global observance of this special day for wildlife conservation on the UN calendar.
What Is the Aim of World Wildlife Day?
World Wildlife Day is celebrated with the main aim to reflect the need of conserving the forests, forest-dwelling species of wild fauna and flora and the ecosystem. The idea behind celebrating this day is to create awareness about the importance of forest-based livelihoods and promote forest wildlife management models and practices which can contribute in establishing a more sustainable relationship of human beings with the natural ecosystems.
World Wildlife Day Theme?
This year WWD theme is “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”, as a way to emphasize on the cardinal role of forests, forest species and ecosystems services in preserving the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people across the world, and mainly of Indigenous and local communities tied historically to forested and forest-adjacent areas. This year’s theme aligns with UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 12, 13 and 15, and their extended commitments to remove poverty and ensure sustainable use of resources.
Some Significant Points to Know About World Wildlife
- UNESCO World Heritage forest sites have a total surface area of more than 75 million hectares and represent over 13 per cent of all IUCN category I-IV protected forests worldwide.
- Between 200 and 350 million people rely on forest for their basic livelihood needs including food, shelter and medicines.
- Roughly 28% of the world’s land surface is managed by indigenous people who are the front line in maintaining the relationship between human, forest and ecosystem.
What Are the Things to DO on World Wildlife Day?
Just by taking little steps #DoOneThingToday, we can make a difference and help in wildlife conservation.
- Create awareness about wildlife conservation and biodiversity by setting up exhibitions, talk shows, presentations and campaigns.
- Raise your voice by spreading wildlife awareness on social media by using hashtags like #ForestPeoplePlanet; #WorldWildlifeDay; #WWD2021.
- Volunteer yourself in local conservation projects like cleaning beaches, rescue wild animals.
- Work jointly with museums, zoos, botanical gardens, national parks or parks and encourage them to commemorate the day.
- Reach out to the authorities in case of illegal logging or wildlife trafficking.
- Avoid purchasing products made by causing harm to wildlife.
- Live life by causing minimal adverse impact to our planet’s biodiversity.
Sufferings in the Wildlife Cycle
We are aware of the fact how crucial is the life of animals and birds. They wander for food and water from place to place. Neither they get food on time, nor water, nor have any means to protect from heat, cold or insects and flies. We also know how the wild and even domestic animals bear the atrocities done by humans for their selfish needs. In short, they don’t have the comforts to enjoy life like human beings. At times even the humans live like wildlife due to their past accumulated sin deeds.
Avoid Getting Born in Wildlife by Doing Sat-Bhakti
Today, Humans have lots of facilities in life. Being engrossed in them, they forget that after death they will become animals if they don’t do bhakti of God. We, Humans should always keep it in mind that we need to perform true worship of God to attain salvation. According to the teachings of Sant Rampal ji Maharaj, salvation is attained by doing Sat-bhakti of Real God by which we can get victory in crossing over the cycle of births and rebirths and reach Satlok.
What Should Readers Contribute on World Wildlife Day?
On the occasion of World Wildlife Day, Readers should adopt Sat-Gyan and help the wildlife, considering them as the children of God. Also, the seekers should go in refuge of Enlightened Saint Rampal ji Maharaj and get the true Guru’s divine blessings which will make their life bliss.
World Wildlife Day 2021 Quotes
- “Don’t hunt and eat animals, they were also created by God, save them”.
- “God loved birds and invented trees, humans loved birds and created cages”!
- “Cage the ones who cage the animals”.
- “Saving one animal won’t change the world but it will change the world for that one animal”!
- “World Wildlife Day reminds us all that the onus of saving the wildlife lies on us because we are the ones who destroyed it as well”.
- “Love about any animal or bird is pure because in that love you don’t expect anything from them”.
S A NEWS