Last Updated on 4 October 2022, 2:35 PM IST | Every year on 4 October, the feast day of Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals, World Animal Day, or World Animal Welfare Day, is observed. This is an international action day for animal rights and welfare. Its goal is to improve the health and welfare of animals. The day strives to promote animal welfare, establish animal rescue shelters, raise finances, and organize activities to improve animal living conditions and raise awareness. Here’s everything you need to know about this attempt on World Animal Day which is also known as Animal Lovers Day.
World Animal Day 2022: Highlights
- The first World Animal Day was celebrated on March 24, 1925, at the Sports Palace in Berlin by cynologist Heinrich Zimmermann.
- Every country celebrates this day differently, regardless of religion, nationality, faith, or political stance.
- The Day strives to promote animal welfare, establish animal rescue shelters and raise finances.
- The celebration mobilizes people to act today for a brighter future for animals. Naturewatch Foundation, a UK-based animal protection nonprofit organization, is currently in charge of the global celebrations.
- Killing innocent animals is a heinous sin that is against the constitution of God.
World Animal Day Aim
The major purpose of the day is to increase the status of animals to enhance welfare standards around the world. Creating the sentiment of this day unites the animal welfare movement by mustering it into an international force to make the earth a better place for all animals.
Every country celebrates it differently, regardless of religion, nationality, faith, or political stance. We can create a society where animals are always recognized as sentient beings and their wellbeing is always prioritized through increasing education and awareness.
The theme for World Animal Day 2022
This year’s theme for World Animal Day 2022 is “A Shared Planet.”
History of World Animal Day
The first World Animal Day was celebrated on March 24, 1925, at the Sports Palace in Berlin by cynologist Heinrich Zimmermann. Over 5,000 people attended the event, which was initially set for October 4 to coincide with Saint Francis of Assisi’s feast day. Because the site was unavailable on October 4, the celebrations were rescheduled for March 24 the following year. However, the day was marked on October 4 in the years that followed.
Today, World Animal Day is a global celebration that brings together animal protection movements and animal organizations from all over the world. Naturewatch Foundation, a UK-based animal protection nonprofit, is currently in charge of the global celebrations.
Significance of World Animal Day
World Animal Day is significant because creating the Day’s celebration mobilizes people to act today for a brighter future for animals. Social movements have always been a vital vehicle for drawing the attention of ordinary people to politics and other crucial subjects for social justice and transformation.
Because the acts of humans and enterprises have a significant impact on the lives of animals, it is critical to building effective animal management programs all over the world.
World Animal Day 2022 Quotes
- “If a person strives to live a righteous life, his maiden act of sobriety is from animal cruelty.” – Albert Einstein
- “The noblest trait of a man is his affection for all living animals.” – Charles Darwin
- We must protect and respect all the creatures as we all are sons and daughters of one God – Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj
- Killing animals is a heinous sin and those who consume meat are sinners – Almighty God Kabir
Harming Animals Is a Cruel Act
According to the Holy Bible–Genesis, all the living creatures like animals, insects, birds, and others are created by the same God who created us. God has ordered us to take care of them and to protect them as we are smarter and more capable. God has created trees, plants, fruits, vegetables, and other vegetarian food items for all living beings to survive. Harming innocent animals who are sons and daughters of the creator God, is a heinous act that causes great sin.
Killing Animals Is Against the Constitution of God
Killing innocent animals for food, shelter, fashion and other things is a barbaric act that breaks the constitution of God. Those who break the constitution, are guilty of committing the act, and hence are punishable according to the constitution of God. God can never be pleased by killing His innocent sons and daughters for any purpose. Everyone should read the sacred book “Way of Living” and should know about the real constitution of God.
FAQS about World Animal Day 2022
-To raise awareness about the importance of Animals so that everyone starts treating Animals as one of us.
The theme for World Animal Day 2022 is “A Shared Planet”.
The first World Animal Day was observed on March 24, 1925, at the Sport Palace in Berlin, Germany. The event drew over 5,000 people.
-Get educated about the importance of Animals for a sustainable natural balance.
-Stop using products that require the killing of animals or which harm them in any way.
-Stop eating meat and become vegetarian.