Last Updated on 5 June 2021: 2:42 PM IST: World Environment Day 2021: The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) commemorates every year the programs for World Environment Day. It promotes awareness and action for the protection of the environment. It is observed on 5 June in more than 130 countries globally. Its theme in the year 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration” and the hosting country is Pakistan. The readers would also know that Supreme God Kabir Saheb has said Satyug-like atmosphere will arrive in Kalyug (the present Iron Age) under the leadership of JagatGuru Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
5 June World Environment Day 2021 Highlights
- World Environment Day is celebrated on the 5th of June every year
- World Environment Day is to generate awareness on environmental issues and sustainable environmental development among people all around the globe
- World Environment Day 2021 will be hosted by Pakistan in partnership with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- The theme of WED 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration”
- Coronavirus Lockdown proved to be a catalyst in saving the environment
- Soon Satyug (Golden Age) will arrive under the leadership of JagatGuru Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj
What Is World Environment Day Date?
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) observes annually the programs for World Environment Day to highlight the awareness and action for the protection of the environment. It is observed on 5 June in more than 130 countries globally. Theme in the year 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration” and its hosting country is Pakistan.
World Environment Day and Its History
World Environment Day is celebrated to generate awareness on environmental issues and sustainable environmental development among people all around the globe. It is celebrated on the 5th of June every year as Environmental Awareness Day.
It was established by the United Nations in the year 1972 but was first held later in 1974, which shows that the world is trying to save the environment for decades now. Over time millions of people from around 143 countries have started participating in the celebration.
WED 2021 Theme: Ecosystem Restoration
World Environment Day 2021’s Theme is “Ecosystem Restoration” and will witness the unveiling of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration. Ecosystem restoration will be in diversifying forms such as Cultivating trees, rejuvenating cities by greening, rewilding parks, changing food or cleaning the rivers and coasts. This will lead to the generation to achieve peace with nature.
About the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration
The United Nations General Assembly has announced the years 2021 through 2030 the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration. It will be Commanded by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations along with the assistance of allies. The decade program will target to reduce, stop, and overturn the damage and ruin of ecosystems globally. The aim is to revitalize hundreds of millions of hectares, including terrestrial as well as aquatic ecosystems.
The UN Decade will call for action to the globe, will pull political backing, scientific research, and financial strength to enormously scale up renewal. The UN Decade is stimulating a global movement, in which everyone can participate in the mission by using the hashtag #GenerationRestoration. The interested people and groups may visit the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration website to discover further.
World Environment Day 2021 Hosted by Pakistan
- During the virtual Fifth UN Environment Assembly, Pakistan PM’s advisor and Minister of Climate Change, Malik Amin Aslam and UNEP Executive Director Inger Andersen made the declaration to concede the urgency of averting, stopping and retrogressing the ruin of ecosystems globally.
- Imran Khan, Prime Minister of the Government of Pakistan declared to take up one of the world’s most ambitious afforestation programs to grow and rebuild the nation’s forests through a 10 Billion Tree scattered over next 5 years period. Pakistan plans a major campaign to re-establish mangroves and forests, as well as sowing trees in urban settings, including schools, colleges, public parks and green belts.
- Pakistan has initiated an Ecosystem Restoration Fund to boost nature-based solutions to climate change and accelerate the evolution towards environmentally robust, ecologically aimed programs involving afforestation and biodiversity conservation.
- Pakistan PM has already inaugurated the Protected Area Initiative to create 15 model protected areas in the entire nation to conserve more than 7300 sq km region that will also create more than 5,500 green jobs.
How Is It Celebrated?
The environment is a great concern for the creatures of Mother Earth. In order to sustain it for a long period of time, we must take good care of it. Over the generations, it has proven to be a great platform for individuals, NGOs, institutions, organizations, and corporations to promote their ideas and perceptions to save the environment. Governments and communities put up different activities to perform on this occasion in order to promote the conservation of nature.
Also Read: World Earth Day 2020 Theme Quotes History
A healthy and hygienic environment requires people’s friendly participation in events like growing trees, minimizing the usage of non-biodegradable products like plastic, and stopping the engine of a car at a traffic stop to save fuel. We do not have a planet B so we cannot afford to be the enemy of our home planet by polluting air, water, and land. Which is why the world environment day is also known as People’s Day.
How Has the Corona Pandemic Affected Planet Earth?
The Coronavirus Outbreaks have indeed impacted the lives of the masses worldwide. The income levels have gone down drastically impacting over 90 percent of the population. On the other hand, the positive impact on the environment has been noticed and the pollution parameters have changed towards the corrective side.
The major reason is the hampering of production due to lockdown and the emissions from the industry have fallen sharply. Simultaneously the major accumulation of medical waste is creating another problem. The disposal is becoming a great problem and may become a cause of other infections. The situation will compel the government and the scientific community to take measures in the changing scenario.
How Will the Environment Improve?
The present state of the environment is quite miserable. It seems near to impossible to breathe into clean air now. But, God Kabir Saheb Ji has told that this all is going to change soon because a Satyug-like atmosphere is going to arrive in Kalyug (the present age) under the Leadership of Jagat Guru Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. The entire world will take Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Saint Rampal Ji now. Then, the trees will be in abundance on the whole earth quite soon. To know more, kindly read: The Golden Age is Coming
World Environment Day 2021 Quotes
- Our actions on the forests is reflection of what future we build for ourselves – Mahatma Gandhi
- Conservation is harmony between men and land – Aldo Leopold
- People criticize the environment, but they are to blame themselves – Robert Collier
- The biggest threat to the planet earth is that someone else will save it – Robert Swan
- A nation that ruins its soil, ruins itself – Franklin D Roosevelt
Adopt Sat-Bhakti to Annihilate Sorrows
To keep each one happy and free from suffering, adopt Eternal Devotion (Sat-Bhakti) directly bestowed by the Supreme Reality Himself or His authentic representative who is the enlightened Saint SatGuru Rampal Ji Maharaj. Come to the refuge of the SatGuru and take Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Him. The practice of the Eternal Devotion will not only give pleasures in everyday life but also take out from the cycle of birth and death. The real purpose of human birth is to achieve Salvation through Sat-Bhakti. After enjoying the fruits of Sat-Bhakti, invite other pious souls on the planet Earth to take advantage of Sat-Bhakti. Once a seeker takes the refuge of the SatGuru, It is His responsibility to fulfill all needful dreams of the devotees.