Last Updated on 1 June 2022, 12:05 PM IST | The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) commemorates every year the programs for World Environment Day. It promotes awareness and action for the protection of the environment by more than 130 countries. The year 2022 marks 50 years since the Stockholm Conference which led to the designation of 5 June as World Environment Day. Its theme in the year 2022 is “Only One Earth” and the hosting country is Sweden. The readers would also know that Supreme God Kabir Saheb has said Satyug-like atmosphere will arrive in Kalyug (the present Iron Age) under the leadership of JagatGuru Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
5 June World Environment Day 2022 Highlights
- World Environment Day is celebrated on the 5th of June every year
- World Environment Day is to generate awareness on environmental issues and sustainable environmental development among people all around the globe
- The 2022 marks 50 years since Stockholm Conference which declared 5 June as World Environment Day
- World Environment Day 2022 will be hosted by Sweden in partnership with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- The theme of WED 2022 is “Only One Earth”
- Soon Satyug (Golden Age) will arrive under the leadership of JagatGuru Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj
What Is the World Environment Day Date?
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) observes annually the programs for World Environment Day to highlight the awareness and action for the protection of the environment. It is observed on 5 June in more than 130 countries globally. Theme in the year 2022 is “Only One Earth” and its hosting country is Sweden.
World Environment Day and Its History
World Environment Day is celebrated to generate awareness on environmental issues and sustainable environmental development among people all around the globe. It is celebrated on the 5th of June every year as Environmental Awareness Day.
It was established by the United Nations in the year 1972 but was first held later in 1974, which shows that the world is trying to save the environment for decades now. Over the time millions of people from around 143 countries have started participating in the celebration.
World Environment Day (WED) 2022 Theme: Ecosystem Restoration
World Environment Day 2022’s Theme is “Only One Earth,” The theme focuses upon the need to live sustainably in harmony with nature by bringing transformative changes by modifying policies and the choices for a cleaner and greener lifestyle.
United Nation About The Only One Earth
United Nations official website says:
“In the universe are billions of galaxies,
In our galaxy are billions of planets,
But there is #OnlyOneEarth.
Let’s take care of it.”
According to United Nations the Earth faces a triple planetary challenges:
- the climate change caused the temperature to rise too high to quickly adapt by people and nature;
- An estimated 1 million species are threatened with extinction due to habitat loss and other pressures;
- pollution is highest to poison our air, land and water.
The solution to the challenges is to align the economies and societies inclusive, fair and better connected with nature. The planet can not be harmed any more but it is to heal. For doing so, the available solutions and the technology should be used extensively. #OnlyOneEarth is the campaign for World Environment Day 2022. The social responsibility is the need of hour for collective, transformative action on a global scale to protect and restore the planet Earth.
World Environment Day 2022 Hosted by Sweden
On 5 June, every year, World Environment Day is celebrated by the United Nations’ for creating awareness and action for the environment worldwide. It has become the largest global platform for environmental public outreach and is commemorated by millions of people globally.
Fifty years ago during the 1972 Stockholm Conference, the motto was “Only One Earth.” Even after 50 years, the motto remains the same. The planet Earth is home, whose resources are finite and humanity must safeguard.
- The organizing country is Sweden, its Minister for Environment and Climate and Deputy Prime Minister Per Bolund said: “As a proud host of 2022 World Environment Day, Sweden will highlight the most pressing environmental concerns, showcase our country’s initiatives and the global efforts of addressing the climate and nature crises. We invite the global community across the world to join in the important discussions and celebrations.”
- Inger Andersen, UNEP’s Executive Director said “In 2022, we hope to see a world turning the corner on the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic. But we do so with the knowledge that we continue to face the triple planetary crises of climate change, nature loss, and pollution,” “Sweden’s announcement – and a World Environment Day theme that puts nature and people at the centre of environmental work – reminds us of the roots of the critical work of protecting our environment and injects vital impetus to global efforts to build back better and greener.”
- She further added,“Since hosting the Stockholm Conference five decades ago, Sweden has made meaningful strides and record investments towards environmental protection, including a long-term climate goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2045 and negative emissions thereafter,” “Its welcome role as host of the World Environment Day in 2022 is therefore a reflection of both an historical commitment and leadership and a high level of ambition for the future.”
- This year in 2022, the Sweden’s Government will host an international meeting Stockholm+50, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 1972 Stockholm Conference. It will accelerate implementation to deliver on the 2030 Agenda and achieve sustainable recovery from COVID-19.
- Stockholm+50 will give a chance to the international community to strengthen cooperation and show leadership in the transformation towards a more sustainable society.This will be celebrated in line with the declaration that was recently adopted in conjunction with the marking of the 75th anniversary of the UN.
How Is World Environment Day Celebrated?
The environment is a great concern for the creatures of Mother Earth. In order to sustain it for a long period of time, we must take good care of it. Over the generations, it has proven to be a great platform for individuals, NGOs, institutions, organizations, and corporations to promote their ideas and perceptions to save the environment. Governments and communities put up different activities to perform on this occasion in order to promote the conservation of nature.
■ Also Read: World Earth Day Theme Quotes History
A healthy and hygienic environment requires people’s friendly participation in events like growing trees, minimizing the usage of non-biodegradable products like plastic, and stopping the engine of a car at a traffic stop to save fuel. We do not have a planet B so we cannot afford to be the enemy of our home planet by polluting air, water, and land Which is why the world environment day is also known as People’s Day.
How has the Corona Pandemic Affected Planet Earth?
The Coronavirus Outbreaks have indeed impacted the lives of the masses worldwide. The income levels have gone down drastically impacting over 90 percent of the population. On the other hand, the positive impact on the environment has been noticed and the pollution parameters have changed towards the corrective side.
The major reason is the hampering of production due to lockdown and the emissions from the industry have fallen sharply. Simultaneously the major accumulation of medical waste is creating another problem. The disposal is becoming a great problem and may become a cause of other infections. The situation will compel the government and the scientific community to take measures in the changing scenario.
How Will the Environment Improve?
The present state of the environment is quite miserable. It seems near to impossible to breathe into clean air now. But, God Kabir Saheb Ji has told that this all is going to change soon because a Satyug-like atmosphere is going to arrive in Kalyug (the present age) under the Leadership of Jagat Guru Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. The entire world will take Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Saint Rampal Ji now. Then, the trees will be in abundance on the whole earth quite soon. To know more, kindly read: The Golden Age is Coming
World Environment Day 2022 Quotes
- “Our actions on the forests is reflection of what future we build for ourselves” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Conservation is harmony between men and land” – Aldo Leopold
- “People criticize the environment, but they are to blame themselves” – Robert Collier
- “The biggest threat to the planet earth is that someone else will save it” – Robert Swan
- “A nation that ruins its soil, ruins itself” – Franklin D Roosevelt
Adopt Sat-Bhakti to Annihilate Sorrows
To keep each one happy and free from suffering, adopt Eternal Devotion (Sat-Bhakti) directly bestowed by the Supreme Reality Himself or His authentic representative who is the enlightened Saint SatGuru Rampal Ji Maharaj. Come to the refuge of the SatGuru and take Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Him. The practice of the Eternal Devotion will not only give pleasures in everyday life but also take out from the cycle of birth and death. The real purpose of human birth is to achieve Salvation through Sat-Bhakti. After enjoying the fruits of Sat-Bhakti, invite other pious souls on the planet Earth to take advantage of Sat-Bhakti. Once a seeker takes the refuge of the SatGuru, It is His responsibility to fulfill all needful dreams of the devotees.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) related to World Environment Day 2022
“OnlyOneEarth” The theme Only One Earth was used at the first global environment gathering in 1972, is being revived.
World Environment Day is celebrated to generate awareness on environmental issues and sustainable environmental development among people all around the globe. It is celebrated on the 5th of June every year.
Every World Environment Day is hosted by a different country, in which official celebrations take place. In 2022, the host is Sweden