Last Updated on 13 April 2023, 9:00 PM IST: Vaisakhi Festival 2023: Vaisakhi, a traditional harvest festival observed mostly in the Northern part of India. It is celebrated by the people of Hindu and Sikh community with great joy and enthusiasm. People in Sikh community carryout Nagar Keertan and used to sing verses of Holy Guru Granth Sahib but without analyzing what those verses actually meant. Indications and revelations made by respected Guru Nanak Dev ji should be the path to be followed with understanding. Let us know about it in detail.
Vaisakhi Festival 2023: Highlights
- Vaisakhi, one of the most important festivals celebrated by the people from Sikh and Hindu communities around the globe.
- It is the day when Khalsa panth was established in the 17th century by Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- This day also reminds the entire globe about the Jallianwala Bagh massacre at Amritsar, Punjab.
- Special celebrations are seen at Anandpur Sahib as it was the place of establishment of Khalsa Sect.
- Revelation about Satnaam Mantra holds the key to salvation and Sachkhand.
- Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana has been presenting the mantras as chanted by Guru Nanak Dev Ji and has been easing our way to attain the Almighty God Kabir.
All You Need to Know About Vaisakhi 2023
Vaisakhi Festival 2023: Vaisakhi, the most important traditional harvest festival that involves rabi crops harvest, is celebrated around the entire globe where Hindu and Sikh people reside where they thank God for the good harvest.
Vaisakhi is also known as Baisakhi also marks the foundation day of Khalsa Panth way back in the 17th century in the year 1699 by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. This day also highlights the starting of the new year and the first day as per Nanakshahi solar calendar. It is also the reminder of the day when British officer General Dyer executed the Jallianwala Bagh massacre at Amritsar, Punjab in 1919.
When Is Vaisakhi 2023?
Vaisakhi is annually celebrated in the month of April. And this year Vaisakhi (Baisakhi) happens to be on the 14th of April.
Background of Vaisakhi (Baisakhi) Festival
The day of Vaisakhi had been celebrated from the 17th century under the era of the 10th Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji. When Mughal emperor Aurangzeb executed his father Guru Teg Bahadur upon his disagreement for conversion into Islam, the Sikhism warrior community Khalsa came into force in 1699. The first ever Khalsa was formed on the day of Vaisakhi, in order to stand against the religious challenges and oppression Mughals were trying to put on.
Also Read: Vaisakh Month in Hindi
Succeeding his father, Guru Gobind Singh Ji at Anandpur Sahib demanded volunteers from a crowd of thousands who can come to sacrifice their life to attain religious freedoms. Five people came up and instead of testing them for their lives he declared them as pure ones. And they were called ‘panj pyare’.
How Is Vaisakhi Festival Celebrated?
This festival is majorly celebrated in Northern India, however its celebration continues around the entire globe where hindu and sikh people reside. People celebrate it in the following ways:
- Sikh people visit their Holy Gurdwaras as they are especially decorated for the occasion. Along with Sikhs other people also go there to experience the limelight.
- Sikh people also carry out Nagar Keertan throughout the entire Punjab. Keertan means singing verses from Holy Guru Granth Sahib. But without understanding its meaning, this practice is useless.
- Various fairs and melas are organised on this day in regard to this event.
- Farmers in Punjab take the occasion of Baisakhi to thank God for good harvest and pray for the same for the coming years.
- Hindu people go and take bath in the Holy Ganga, however this practice is also not advised anywhere in our Holy Scriptures. It is against the Constitution of God Kabir.
Big Revelation on Vaisakhi Festival 2023: What Is Satnaam and What Is Waheguru?
Holy Guru Granth Sahib contains the Holy verses and the experience of Guru Nanak Dev Ji who met the Almighty God Kabir. He has mentioned in numerous verses about the identity of that God who took his soul to Sachkhand. In Holy Guru Granth Sahib page no. 721, Mehla 1, Guru Nanak Dev Ji has revealed that:-
Hakka Kabir kareem tu, Beaeb Parvardigaar |
Nanak bugoyad janu tura, Tere chaakraan paakhaak ||
It means that the Everlasting, Indestructible, Invincible Kabir is the name of the only Almighty Supreme Power who is the one above all. Clearly Shri Nanak Dev Ji mentioned Lord Kabir (who came on to the Holy Land of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, 600 years ago) as the Supreme Power.
Shri Nanak Ji also mentioned about his method of attaining God, the Holy Satnaam Mantra in Holy Bhai Bale Wali Janam Sakhi in a chapter called ‘Samundra ki Sakhi’. He revealed the mantra waheguru (currently used by the entire Sikh community) in place of the real mantra as Supreme God Kabir doesn’t want him to do so. Because He wants to avoid those true mantras going into the hands of false religious sects being run by Satan(Kaal Brahm) till the right time. And, it came in the year 1997.
Waheguru just meant the Guru of Shri Nanak Dev Ji i.e., Kabir Saheb who took his soul to Sachkhand, nothing else. It has no relevance in attaining God. The Holy Satnaam Mantra is a mantra consisting of two words one is ‘Om’ and other is indicative to be revealed by a Complete Saint (True Guru). And, it is the biggest tool given by the Complete Saint for attaining the Almighty God Kabir. Guru Nanak Dev Ji who attained the Almighty God Kabir and visited the eternal place Sachkhand, has also mentioned about the recitation of Satnaam Mantra (mantra consisting of 2 words) taken from a Complete Saint to get the soul purified.
Who Is the Complete Saint at Present?
At the correct time of revealing the mantras, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana, India has been sent by the Supreme God Kabir on to the holy land of Haryana, India for His pious souls. Presenting in front of His pious souls the true spiritual knowledge and solving mystery about the identity of God Kabir from our Holy Scriptures, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj stands complete in all manners on all identities of a Complete Saint.
By giving those mantras as chanted by Shri Nanak Dev Ji, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is the only one who can guarantee salvation and promises to take our souls to our eternal abode Satyalok/Sachkhand ending the pain of birth and death. So a pious soul should not waste his precious time and should take refuge under a Saint who is already extending His hand to save humanity. Kabir Saheb says:-
Manush janam paye kar jo nahi rate Hari Naam |
Jaise kuua jal bina fir banwaya kya kaam ||
Vaisakhi 2023 FAQ
Answer: Punjabi new year
Answer: Guru Gobind Singh Ji
Answer: Panj Pyaras