People very comfortably use the words religious and spiritual interchangeably without realising the fact that these two terms have strikingly different meanings. Read on to find out what these terms mean and what is true spiritual knowledge.
Religious or Spiritual?
Any individual is said to be religious when (s)he attaches their faith in a certain religion and they abide by the do’s and dont’s of that particular religion. We all are aware of different religions such as Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism. All these religions have their own belief systems and they all worship “their” Gods.
Whereas an individual is said to be spiritual when he attaches the faith of his spirit or soul with a Supreme soul irrespective of his religious faith. He believes in the power of the higher order which controls this entire universe.
Difference Between a Religious Preacher and a True Spiritual Master (Guru)
All regions have their religious preachers who let the followers know about the rituals and ways to offer worship to their gods. Devotee community believes them to be well acquainted with their respective holy scriptures but all they preach is based majorly on the folklores and legends. The religious preachers many a times breed hatred in the hearts of the devotee community against other religions. Jihad followed by Islamic religious preachers, discrimination based on caste and gender in Hinduism are examples of the same.
Given these activities, it can be said that religious preachers aren’t acquainted with the knowledge about the Supreme Almighty. There are many religious preachers such as Pope Francis; the religious preachers of Christians, Dalai Lama; the religious preacher of Buddhism. They all have their respective ways of worship. A true spiritual master or an enlightened guru is one who is not only well acquainted with the holy scriptures of all religions but at the same time, He is aware of the Supreme Almighty and the way to attain Him.
There is only one true enlightened sage on earth in each millennium. He has a single way of worship imparted to all mankind irrespective of their religious beliefs and faith. People of every faith believe in a true spiritual master but don’t know how to find Him since no one really reads our holy scriptures.
As a matter of fact, our Holy Srimad Bhagavad Gita Chapter 15:1-4, 15:16,17, Yajurveda chapter 19:25,26 clearly indicates the way to identify a true enlightened Sage under whose guidance mankind can free themselves from the karmic entanglement and attain salvation.
What Is True Spiritual Knowledge?
True spiritual knowledge refers to the knowledge that is based on the facts from the holy scriptures of all religions. This is the knowledge that will help mankind to understand how they can attain salvation, how they get entangled in their Karmic debt with one another, and what is the way to get freedom from this Karmic entanglement.
With the help of true spiritual knowledge, mankind can detach itself from all the vices prevalent in modern society such as intoxication, adultery, bribery, and consumption of meat, etc as well as do the one thing this human life is meant for; attain salvation.
Difference Between True Spiritual Knowledge and Folklores
Let’s take a look at a few examples that differentiates the true spiritual knowledge from folklores and legends
- It has been a common belief that the Supreme Almighty is formless and is represented by white light. With careful scrutiny of our holy scriptures, it can be said for certain that the Supreme Almighty is definitely not formless and He appears exactly like human beings. There are numerous places in the Vedas that confirm that the Supreme almighty is not formless.
For evidence, one can see
- Samveda Sankhya no 359, chapter 4, section 25;
- Yajurved Mantra 5:1
- Holy Bible (OJB) 36:5
Holy Quran Sharif Surah Furqan Aayat 52-59
- Religious preachers in Hinduism have always portrayed Rama, Krishna, and Shiva as the supreme Almighty but on the contrary, they are not the supreme God because all of them took birth from a mother’s womb.
The holy scriptures mention that the Supreme Almighty never takes birth from a mother’s womb. Also, when He descends on earth as an infant He is nourished by maiden cows. For evidence, one can go through
- Rigveda Mandal 9 Sukt 96 Mantra 17, 18, 19, 20
- Rigveda Mandal 10 Sukt 4 Mantra 3 & 4
- Rigveda Mandal 9 Sukt 1 Mantra 9
- As a matter of fact The Hindu Trinity Gods Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva are children of Durga and Kaal-Brahm. This is mentioned in Atharvaveda Kaand 4 Anuvaak no 1 Mantra 5
- According to folklore, it is believed that Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh are immortals i. e. they do not fall in the cycle of birth and death. But this is opposed to the fact that they do fall in the cycle of birth and death and only the Supreme Almighty is free from the cycle of birth and death. For evidence, one can go through
- Sri Devi Bhagwat Mahapuran Chapter 5 3rd Skand
- Atharvaveda kaand no 4 Anuvaak no 1 Mantra 3 and 5
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita 15:17
- Srimad bhagavad Gita 2:17
- People of every religious faith believe that when people encounter misery and suffering it is because of their past misdeeds. There is no way of putting an end to these sufferings that one encounters due to bad Karma and has to be endured even if it leads to their death. Contrary to this, the holy scriptures clearly mention that the true Almighty can put an end to the sufferings of any kind, increase a devotee’s life span even if he/she has died, and free a soul from his/her Karmic entanglement provided people worship the Supreme Almighty.
Evidence can be found in
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita chapter 18:62, 18:66 which explains the devotee to take refuge of supreme Almighty to get freedom from sins
- Yajurved Chapter 5:32
- Yajurved chapter 8:13
- Rigveda Mandal 10 Sukt 161 mantra 1, 2
- Rigveda Manda 10 Sukt 161 Mantra 3, 4, 5 onwards
- According to the belief system, people of every faith believe in heaven and hell. They also believe that the ones who want to attain peace after death go to heaven. Sadly, what they don’t know is that going to heaven doesn’t free you from the cycle of birth and death, heaven is not a permanent eternal place. A soul’s time in heaven depends on good karma and once the account of good karma is over one has to come back on earth and acquire new karma. Worshiping demigods and messengers of god cannot grant eternal peace.
Almighty Supreme lives in an eternal place called Satlok and it is upon reaching here, a soul becomes free from the cycle of birth and death and attains peace or salvation. For evidence Rig Veda, Mandal 9, Sukt 96, Mantra 18 informs that Supreme Almighty lives in an eternal place called “Ritdhama” or “Satyalok”
Who Is the Supreme Almighty God?
Unfortunately, none of the present religious preachers are aware of the name of the Supreme Almighty. Hindus treat Vishnu and Shiv as Supreme Almighty, Muslims call Him Allah, Christians call Him Jesus and Buddhists don’t believe in any Supreme Almighty.
But a true enlightened sage will be able to tell who the Supreme Almighty is, Where does He live, how does He look? Just to cut the curiosity, the name of the Supreme Almighty God is Kabir Saheb. Yes, you thought it correct, we are talking about the same renowned poet Kabir.
For evidence see
- Atharvaveda kaand no 4, anuvaak no 1 mantra 7
- Yajurved chapter 5:32
- Rigveda Mandal 9 Sukt 96 Mantra 18
- Mantra 1400 Samveda Utarchik adhyay 12 kaand no 3 Shloka no 5
- Srimad Bhagavad Gita chapter 18:66
- Samveda Sankhya 359 chapter 4 section 25 verse 8
Who Is the True Enlightened Sage Currently?
All of this information which is written in this article is given by spiritual master Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Barwala-Hisar; Haryana, India. This article is written to provide an insight to mankind regarding the true spiritual knowledge on the occasion of the 71st Avataran Diwas of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj which happens to be on September 8.
It’s because of His blessing that today millions of His followers are very well acquainted with the knowledge that was buried deep within our Holy scriptures and none of the religious preachers of the world ever made an attempt to bring it out for the welfare of mankind. For more information please visit Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj’s official YouTube Channel. If you wish to take Initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji, kindly fill this Naam-Diksha Form.