Last Updated on 12 May 2022, 3:16 PM IST | International Nurses Day (IND) is commemorated all around the globe on the 12th of May every year as the anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth. This year is her 201st birth anniversary. The International Council of Nurses (ICN) celebrates this significant day each year with the distribution and production of the International Nurses Day evidence and resources. The lives of Nurses, health workers, and all the patients can be saved by doing Sat-bhakti after taking Naam Diksha (Initiation) from spiritual leader Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
International Nurses Day (IND) 2022: Highlights
- The birth anniversary of the founder of modern nursing Florence Nightingale is observed as International Nurses Day (IND).
- In January 1974, the 12th of May was assigned to observe International Nurses Day (IND).
- IND is commemorated by the International Council of Nurses (ICN) all around the world since 1965.
- International Nurses Day 2022 theme is ‘A Voice to Lead – Invest in Nursing and respect rights to secure global health’.
- Various activities like a variety of community events, educational seminars, debates, discussions, competitions, etc will be carried out.
- Aim of International Nurses Day is to promote health as a basic human right internationally.
- Sat-bhakti can ensure the safety of all the nurses as well as the patients from all sorts of dangers.
International Nurses Day 2022 Theme
This year’s IND (International Nurses Day 2022) theme is ‘NA Voice to Lead – Invest in Nursing and respect rights to secure global health‘. This year ICN seeks to demonstrate how nursing will modify the successive stages of healthcare and how they will look into the future. As a part of the hundred-day countdown to International Nurses Day on May 12, ICN will be delivering a variety of key resources which will benefit the IND report on its theme.
Aim of International Nurses Day
Nurses and other health workers are crucial in transforming health care and health systems such that no individual is left behind without access to care or left impoverished because of their need for health care. ICN speculates that health is a human right. They are at the vanguard of supporting access to health and nurses are pivotal in providing it. Guaranteeing that we have enough nurses and other health care workers is an essential enabler of the human right to health. Nurses can be a voice to direct by benefiting a people-centered technique to care and the health system, and by assuring their voices are heard in impacting the planning, health policy, and provision.
Significance of International Nurses Day
One can’t avert the fact that nursing is the largest healthcare profession in the entire world and it is the key factor in achieving Millennium Development Goals (MDG). Various training modules are delivered to the nurses for retaining the health and wellness of the patients. Undoubtedly nurses have profound knowledge of providing the best health care services. National Nurses Associations (NNAs) play a vital role in providing education, encouraging nurses, informing and advising so that they can provide their work properly. Also, NNA functions with non-governmental and governmental organizations to sustain health care systems.
International Nurses Day History & Background
The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has commemorated this day since 1965. Dwight D. Eisenhower, the president of the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare was approached by an official named Dorothy Sutherland in 1953 to announce a ‘Nurses’ Day’ but the request was rejected.
Also Read: International Nurses Day 2020 India: Theme, Quotes, History
Later in January 1974, the 12th of May was assigned to commemorate the day as it is the anniversary of the birth of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing. Every year, ICN distributes and prepares the IND Kit. The kit comprises public and educational information materials, for nurses to use all around the world. As of 1998, 8th May was appointed as annual National Student Nurses’ Day.
International Nurses Day (IND) Celebration
In Canada and the US, a full week is observed as National Nursing Week. Even in Australia, different varieties of nursing observances are overseen. In this entire week health care services on the international degree are looked over. Even American Nurses Association encourages and supports the work and celebration of the Nurses.
Also Read: Mother’s Day: Date, Theme, History, Significance, Spiritual Mother
Various activities are also carried like a variety of community events, educational seminars, debates, discussions, competitions, etc. Also, nurses are appreciated and honored by doctors, administrators, colleagues, friends, and patients by distributing flowers, gifts, organizing dinners, etc. The way nurses and other health workers are fighting the coronavirus pandemic without reasoning for their safety, thus this year, the day is important and it is essential to comprehend the endeavors of nursing professionals across the world.
Importance of IND 2022 during Covid-19 crisis
The Covid-19 pandemic is a stark remembrance of the vital role that nurses play in everyone’s life. Without nurses and other health workers, the world can not win the combat against outbreaks. The world can not achieve universal health coverage or Sustainable Development Goals. As we record this day, we advise all the countries to ensure:
- The occupational health, safety, and protection of nurses and other health workers. Unbridled access to personal and special protective equipment should be provided so they can safely provide supervision, care, and reduce infections in health care environments.
- Nurses and other healthcare workers have unhindered access to timely pay, sick leave, mental health support, and medical insurance; as well as access to the most recent guidance and knowledge required to concede to all health needs, including pandemics.
- Nurses are provided with the financial support and other resources required to help concede to and prevent Covid-19 and future outbursts.
Who Can Protect Nurses, Health Workers and Patients?
Everyone including nurses, health workers, and patients are exposed to Covid-19 in some or another way. Vaccines can’t protect us completely from bad effects of getting infected. We can’t fully trust the vaccines with our life as well. Many health workers and patients have died even after taking both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine. Medical science has failed to safeguard us in the time of need. Now, people are only left with the choice of ‘Spirituality’. Those who are agnostics and atheists might change their minds after seeing the miracles of Sat-bhakti. Because Sat-bhakti is the only vaccine that can safeguard us against deadly diseases.
What can Prevent our Untimely Death?
Many young adults have succumbed to Covid-19 ranging from the age of 18 to 30. Other deadly diseases like Cancer, HIV-AIDS, TB, Ebola, etc have also taken the lives of many young bloods. One must find a place where a 100℅ guaranteed cure for these deadly diseases is provided. A Spiritual Doctor and Tatvdarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj knows the cure of everything. The Tatvdarshi Saint can destroy our sins which are the main cause of these diseases and can prevent us from untimely death by extending our life span.
What can Ensure our Guaranteed Safety?
Presently, only Jagatguru Tatvdarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is enlightened by the spiritual knowledge who cures all diseases. Almighty God Kabir Himself has incarnated in the guise of Saint Rampal Ji to free us from our sufferings. Taking the refuge of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj ensures our safety. After taking initiation (Naam Diksha) and performing true worship (Sat-Bhakti) according to the holy scriptures, our safety is 100℅ guaranteed.
International Nurses Day 2022 Quotes
- Nurses are superheroes and healthcare is their superpower.
- Nurses are role models for everyone to be careful with patients and be ready to help them.
- The refuge of Supreme God Kabir ensures the safety of Nurses who are always exposed to danger.
- Nurses can’t pull someone out from the clutches of death, only Almighty God Kabir can do that.
- Nurses are the real Corona Warriors who spread kindness, compassion, and positivity.
- Nurses are the angels of God who attempt to heal while the disease tries to kill.