Last Updated on 20 February 2023, 2:57 PM IST: International Mother Language Day: Every year on the 21st of February, International Mother Language Day is observed to promote linguistic and cultural diversity. Since the year 2000, the day has been observed all over the world. Theme for international mother language day 2023 is ‘multilingual education – a necessity to transform education’.
International Mother Language Day 2023: Highlights
- Bangladesh initiated the International Mother Language Day in 1999.
- According to UNESCO, there are currently 7,000 different languages spoken throughout the world.
- According to UNESCO, 40% of the world’s population lacks access to an education in a language they speak or understand.
- An Event will take place at UN headquarters on 21 February 2023 from 3 to 5 PM (EST)
- The spiritual knowledge of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is the ultimate language of unity.
International Mother Language Day 2023 Theme
The 25th edition of International Mother Language Day is on the theme ‘multilingual education – a necessity to transform education’. The competition to learn foreign languages for better employment opportunities in the era of globalization is a major reason behind the disappearance of mother tongues. There are more than 7,000 languages in the world, out of which only India has about 22 officially recognized languages, 1635 mother tongues and 234 identifiable mother tongues.
What Does UNESCO Have to Say About Linguistic Education?
According to UNESCO, 40% of the world’s population lacks access to an education in a language they speak or understand. According to UNESCO, there are currently 7,000 different languages spoken throughout the world. UNESCO believes that cultural and linguistic diversity is essential for sustainable societies. It is part of its peace mandate to work to preserve the cultural and linguistic differences that foster tolerance and respect for others.
International Mother Language Day 2023: Events and Celebrations
A major event is organized at UN headquarters on Mother Language Day 2023, February 21 from 3 to 5 pm (EST).
■ Also Read: International Day Of Sign Languages: Worship Of Supreme God Kabir Is The Sign To Be Followed By The Entire Mankind
In 2023, International Mother Language Day will be indeed more special because it’ll mark the 75th anniversary of the Bengali Language Movement. The Permanent Mission of Bangladesh to the United Nations is organizing a discussion on the theme “Multilingual education – a necessity to transform education” with senior officials from Permanent Missions (including Bangladesh, India, Denmark, Hungary, Guatemala, Morocco, and Timor-Leste) and the United Nations (including UN Secretariat and UNESCO representatives). Following the discussion will be multicultural performances. The event will be broadcast live on UN WebTV.
International Mother Language Day: History
Bangladesh initiated the International Mother Language Day, which was approved at the 1999 UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization) General Conference and has been observed annually since. In the year 2000, the world celebrated the first International Mother Language Day.
International Mother Language Day: Significance
The day symbolizes how an intergovernmental organization like UNESCO believes in the value of cultural and linguistic diversity in fostering sustainable societies. According to UNESCO, it is part of its mandate for peace to work to preserve cultural and linguistic differences that foster tolerance and respect for diversity.
Linguistic Diversity Is Under Threat
Linguistic diversity is under threat as more and more languages become extinct. According to the UN, 40 percent of the world’s population does not have access to an education in a language they speak or understand. Native languages are promoted and efforts to preserve them are made on days like this.
■ Also Read: Know The Importance And History Of Hindi On World Hindi Day (Diwas)
Progress is being made in mother tongue-based multilingual education, with a growing understanding of its importance, particularly in early schooling, and a greater commitment to its development in public life.
International Mother Language Day 2023 Quotes
- The language of emotions is superior to any other language which can only be completely understood by Supreme God Kabir Saheb Ji.
- True Spiritual Knowledge is the ultimate language of unity.
- No language is required to communicate to our Almighty God.
- Every living soul including birds, animals, and other creatures understand the language of a Satguru.
- Any language is insignificant until we identify our creator God from our holy scriptures.
International Mother Language Day 2023 Slogans
- On this International Mother Language Day, let us resolve to invest in verbal forbearance, education and the training of professionals so that every person can pierce their abecedarian rights. ” — Ban Kimoon.
- “ moment we celebrate real diversity; diversity that develops and strengthens every language. ” — UN Secretary General
- ”However, that goes to his heart, If you talk to him in his language. ” — Nelson Mandela
- “When we talk to a person in the language he or she stylish understands in heart and soul, that person is ours for life. ” — Tongan Proverb
- “ A man without language is a man without culture and you can not have a society without culture. ” — Oscar Wilde
Great Chyren Will Reunite the Entire World
International Mother Language Day: Worldly known foretellers like Nostradamus, Florence, Vegellitin, Cheiro, Professor Harrar, and many others have predicted that a great Chyren (Spiritual Leader) will reunite the entire world with His ethereal knowledge. Everyone will be forced to accept His true knowledge and become His disciple. His true knowledge will be the only language that will exist all around the world.
There Will Only Be One Language Globally
Complete spiritual knowledge is the only thing that can reunite the entire world once and for all. Cultural and linguistic differences will be eradicated by the complete spiritual knowledge and everyone will reunite once again. That World Victorious Chyren will bring the Golden Era, where everyone will live peacefully and happily. There will only be one language of Tatvgyan in the entire world. Tatvgyan is the true spiritual knowledge given by Almighty God Kabir Saheb Ji.
Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji Is That Great Chyren
All the prophecies fit completely on Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji is the “Messiah” who will change the world for good. Readers should listen to His spiritual discourses on Satlok Ashram YouTube channel and should understand the Tatvagyan. Readers can also download Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj App from Google Play Store for free.
FAQs FOR INTERNATIONAL MOTHER LANGUAGE DAY 2023
Ans. International Mother Language Day is observed on February 21st every time.
Ans. An International Mother Language Day was established to promote verbal and artistic diversity and multilingualism and to raise mindfulness about the significance of mama languages.
Ans. International Mother Language Day was first honored by the United Nations in 1999 to commemorate the Language Movement in Bangladesh in 1952, where university scholars protested to save their native Bengali language and were killed by police.
Ans. Mother languages are a vital part of artistic heritage and identity. They play an important part in promoting social cohesion, conserving artistic diversity, and enabling people to communicate and express themselves effectively.
Ans. There are numerous ways to celebrate International Mother Language Day, similar as organizing language and artistic carnivals, hosting educational events, promoting multilingualism in seminaries and communities, and encouraging people to use and learn different languages.