Last Updated on 19 December 2023, 2:17 PM IST: International Gita Mahotsav (IGM) 2023 has gathered international support and public support because of the belief of people in Holy Gita ji. This Mahotsav gives everybody an opportunity to understand the real essence as mentioned in Holy Gita ji by extracting the gist out of it. However one can find the real gist of Holy Gita ji in the refuge of a Tatvdarshi Sant only as told to us by Gita ji.
International Gita Mahotsav 2023 Highlights
- International Gita Mahotsav is an international event observed annually in Kurukshetra, Haryana.
- In 2023, it is being observed from 17th December upto 24th December in Kurukshetra city by the Government of Haryana.
- In the year 2016 it was renamed from Gita Mahotsav to International Gita Mahotsav.
- Various traditional and cultural events take place durings these days like exhibitions, book fair, quiz competition, seminars, sketching competition, marathon, art and craft competition and much more.
- It has given an opportunity for the Kurukshetra and Haryana to attract tourism and to highlight their name globally.
- International Gita Mahotsav is an opportunity for people to understand the real essence of Holy Geeta ji to change their life for the good.
What is the International Gita Mahotsav?
Earlier known as Gita Mahotsav, celebrated to observe Gita Jayanti, is now an international event observed by the Haryana Government in the city of Kurukshetra, Haryana. This event has been organized since 1989 by the Haryana Government and the Kurukshetra Development Board.
What is the History of International Gita Mahotsav?
Gita Mahotsav was celebrated to observe Gita Jayanti in the state of Haryana since the year 1989. But by the year 2016 Government of Haryana took a decision to celebrate this event as International Gita Mahotsav every year. And it attracted two million people to the state of Kurukshetra. This was a huge success to the event and the spiritual significance of Holy Gita Ji. Since then this event is being observed as International Gita Mahotsav every year.
When is International Gita Mahotsav?
International Gita Mahotsav is being organized from December 17th upto December 24th, 2023. However Gita Jayanti falls on 24th December 2023.
Where is the International Gita Mahotsav 2023 organized?
International Gita Mahotsav 2023 is being organized in the city of Kurukshetra in the state of Haryana, India. However the state of Madhya Pradesh will be the partner state and Nepal will be the partner country in organizing the event this year.
How IGM 2023 is Celebrated?
Celebrated since 2016, IGM 2023 will be more spiritual and special for all the willing devotees as said by the honorable CM of Haryana Government. Let us know how the Government of Haryana is celebrating the Mahotsav:
- The Mahotsav celebrations will begin from December 17th and will last upto December 24, 2023.
- On 29th November, she will also inaugurate a three day International Gita Seminar to be held at Kurukshetra University. On the topic of ‘world peace and harmony’ scholars and researchers of Shrimad Bhagvad Gita Ji will present their research papers.
- Saras and Craft Mela will be organized from November 19th to December 6th, 2023.
- 21 special stone sculptures have been built by sculptors from around the country for the special Mahotsav on the theme of Mahabharata and Gita. Along with this various other craftsmen will also manifest their work on this occasion.
- Like the previous years the International Gita Mahotsav was organized in Mauritius, London and in September earlier this year in Canada, this year the partner country will be Nepal and partner state will be Madhya Pradesh for observing International Gita Mahotsav 2023.
- A pavilion has been set up by the MP Government to highlight their culture,food, tradition so as to boost tourism for the state as well. While a pavilion has been set up by the Haryana Government as well.
- Various departments in the Haryana Government have organized exhibitions to showcase their developments and welfare schemes being run for the people of Haryana.
- A ‘Bhajan Sandhya’ on the banks of Brahma Sarovar and ‘Gita Aarti’ will be organized.
- The world will get the glimpse of this IGM 2023 through social media platforms. The Chief Minister of Haryana shared that even before the mahotsav, more than 4 lakh people have joined the event including America, Canada, Australia, UK, Poland and China. There have been more than 3.80 lakh visitors to the website of IGM-2023.
- Recitation of shlokas of Holy Geeta ji by 18000 students along with as many as online viewers will be done on December 24, 2023.
- Religious and spiritual organizations will organize exhibitions throughout IGM 2023. The Holy Gita ji book fair will also be organized by 25 institutions.
Brief Information about Holy Bhagavad Gita
- Holy Shrimad Bhagvad Geeta ji was narrated in the Dwapar Yuga approximately 5500 years ago.
- It is originally narrated in Sanskrit language. However it was later translated so that its teachings can be incorporated into our lives.
- The prime goal of the knowledge of Holy Geeta ji was to enlighten the path of salvation. And to make people aware about the wealth of true spiritual knowledge.
- The knowledge of Shrimad Bhagvad Gita was given by Satan(Kaal Brahm) by entering into the body of Shri Krishan as he approves of it in Holy Gita ji chapter 11 verse 32.
- The knowledge was narrated in 18 chapters and 700 verses.
- The knowledge of Holy Gita ji was narrated at that time when none of the religion was existing. Hence the knowledge of Gita ji is applicable to all sorts of people belonging from any sort of religion or sect.
- Holy Gita ji is written by Shri Ved Vyas ji.
- Although translations have been done, the real essence of Geeta ji shall be understood only through the correct translations done by a Tatvdarshi Sant or a Complete Sant as mentioned in chapter 4 verse 34.
- Holy Gita ji is termed as complete in itself and as a summarized Holy Scripture consisting of knowledge of Holy Vedas, Holy Puranas in short.
Who narrated the knowledge of Bhagavad Holy Gita?
Many of us are living into this wrong belief that Shri Krishna ji narrated the knowledge of Holy Gita ji as everyone saw him during the Mahabharata. But it is not true. Rather the actual truth is that the knowledge of Holy Gita ji was narrated by Satan (Kaal Brahm) by entering into the body of Shri Krishna as a ghost to execute Mahabharata at the same time. It is a bitter truth which is not easy to digest for many people but it is a base to understand the actual knowledge of Holy Gita ji.
The proof of this is mentioned in Holy Gita ji chapter 11 verse 32 when Satan(Kaal Brahm) himself accepts his identity and reveals its Vikraal form. He seemed God to Arjun by revealing such form and some powers but he was just being fooled. As this place belongs to Satan (Kaal Brahm) and he enjoys this much power as well. But it seemed as an act of God to a man like Arjun at that point of time.
Is the narrator of Holy Gita Ji immortal?
No, the narrator mentioned himself in Holy Gita Ji chapter 2 verse 12, chapter 4 verse 5 and 9, chapter 10 verse 2 that he himself rotates into the cycle of birth and death. Because everything except the Almighty God Kabir is perishable. And as the narrator himself declares his identity and calls himself mortal hence the narrator is not the Supreme Almighty Power we are looking to worship.
What is the role of Shri Krishna in Holy Gita Ji?
Shri Krishna had absolutely no role in neither narration of Gita ji nor Mahabharata except that his body was taken in control by Satan to execute these things. Shri Krishna was not even interested in executing Mahabharata as he already visited Kauravas for peaceful settlement in between them and pandavas, he himself cannot execute Mahabharata. Shri Krishna (avtar of lord Vishnu), Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva are the three sons of Satan(Kaal Brahm) and Prakarti Devi (Durga).
The proof of this is being mentioned in Holy Gita ji chapter 14 verse 3-5. These Gods only enjoy the power of giving us our destiny only. Only Kabir Parmeshwar has the power to change our destiny and can even grant us life as well.
What is the Way of Living mentioned in Holy Gita Ji?
The ideology of Holy Gita ji is very straight and simple. It clearly states us to take the refuge of the Almighty Supreme God Kabir to attain a state of immortality after reaching the everlasting immortal place Satlok (Sachkhand). This in other words is called Salvation. The narrator clearly indicates this in the final chapter of Holy Gita ji chapter 18 verse 62 and 66 by disclosing a top secret to Arjun and suggests him to go and take the refuge of Almighty by worshiping Him here in this human form. And the narrator Satan(Kaal Brahm) accepts that he himself worships Almighty Supreme God Kabir Saheb at the time of any hardship.
Who is a Tatvdarshi Sant according to Holy Gita Ji?
Holy Geeta ji directs us to go into the refuge of a Tatvdarshi Sant in Holy Gita ji chapter 4 verse 34 for attainment of God and salvation. Presently Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj also from the state of Haryana, is the only Tatvdarshi Sant present in between us who is giving us the right way of worship as mentioned in Holy Gita ji. He has been able to correctly translate the meaning of an upside down tree as mentioned in Holy Gita ji chapter 15 verse 1-4 in accordance with the creation of the universe with appropriate proofs in His support. And also challenging the conventional translation of Holy Gita ji, His identity stands unique.
To know more and take Naam Diksha (initiation) from Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj visit www.jagatgururampalji.org or you can also watch His spiritual sermons at Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj youtube channel. Else you can also order a free sacred book Gyan Ganga for more information.
FAQ about International Gita Mahotsav 2023
Answer: Take the refuge of the Tatvdarshi Sant to understand true spiritual knowledge and attain salvation.
Answer: Brahma Sarovar, Shri Krishna Museum, Jyotisar (Birthplace of Holy Bhagavad Gita) and many others.
Answer: Kurukshetra (now in Haryana)
Answer: No, it is written by Ved Vyas but the knowledge given in it is true spiritual knowledge and is completely authentic.