Last Updated on 20 March 2023, 2:02 PM IST: The International Day of Happiness 2023 recognizes that happiness is an essential human goal. By declaring to mark a particular day for happiness, the UN aims to direct world consideration on inclusive, equitable, and balanced economic growth. On this Day the readers should know that only by attaining money, one cannot attain happiness. Although it seems to a common individual that with money he can do anything he wants in today’s scenario. But human beings seem to have neglected the path of the power of true worship for staying happy. So let us know how to attain the state of ultimate peace and happiness for one’s soul.
International Day of Happiness: Key Points
- International Day of Happiness is one of those international days that emphasizes attaining the state of happiness globally.
- This day is annually observed on March 20 to remind the world about the need of happiness for one’s well being and development.
- This day came into existence in the year 2012 and since then it is marked as an international day.
- Every year this day is observed with a dedicated theme to propagate the need to maintain the state of harmony amongst people.
- Along with its physical observance, this day is observed socially also by highlighting the need to celebrate the day and maintain it further on various social media platforms under dedicated hashtags.
- The biggest source of happiness is the source from the Supremacy itself. Attaining God and salvation is the biggest state of happiness and independence in itself.
- By going into the refuge of a Tatvdarshi Sant one can attain happiness and salvation.
What Is the International Day of Happiness?
Without doubt, International Day of Happiness is celebrated to be happy. The United Nations decided in 2013 to mark the International Day of Happiness to highlight the significance of being happy in people’s life. The UN introduced the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2015 out of which three key aspects such as to end poverty, reduce inequality, and protect our planet were related to well-being and happiness.
The United Nations welcomes everyone from any age group, any class, business world and the government to celebrate the International Day of Happiness 2023.
Aim of International Day of Happiness
The International Day of Happiness acknowledges that happiness is an essential human goal, and requests the member nations to advance public policies to enhance the well-being of society.
By declaring to mark a particular day for happiness, the UN aims to direct world consideration on inclusive, equitable, and balanced economic growth. Such an approach promotes sustainable development that relieves hardship. The United Nation recognizes that happiness essentially is a blend of economic development as well as social and environmental well-being.
Background of International Day of Happiness
The United Nations General Assembly in its July 12, 2012 declaration 66/281 announced to mark the International Day of Happiness on March 20 every year. UNGA established the importance of happiness and well-being as universal goals and ambitions in human beings’ lives worldwide and the consequence of their acknowledgment in public policy objectives. By this it establishes the necessity for a comprehensive, equitable and unbiased approach to economic growth that promotes sustainable development, poverty eradication, happiness and the well-being of all people.
Bhutan is one country which gave value to national happiness rather than national income and established Gross national Happiness in place of Gross National Product. Bhutan prompted the resolution in UNGA’s sixty-sixth session and a High-Level Meeting on “Happiness and Well-Being: Defining a New Economic Paradigm.”
International Day of Happiness 2023 Theme
Since 2013, the United Nations has celebrated the International Day of Happiness as a way to recognise the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world. In order to reemphasize the significance of happiness, Every year the United Nations declares the theme of International Day of Happiness day. For the year of 2023, the theme of International Day of Happiness day is ‘Be Mindful, Be Grateful, Be Kind’. To celebrate, UNIDOH ( United Nations International Day of Happiness) , the UN secretariat for the International Day Of Happiness, is inviting 7.8 billion people and all 206 nations to take the “Ten Steps to Global Happiness” challenge.
International Happiness Day’s theme for the year 2022 was ‘Keep Calm, Stay Wise and Be Kind.‘
How to Attain Ultimate Peace and Happiness?
Happiness seems to be a difficult idea to characterize, but largely it comprises two key subjects – how one feels in the present moment and how satisfied one is with his human birth. In the present moment one wants to live a happy life on planet Earth. For this people have accepted money as their means to attain happiness and have neglected other means by which one can attain a happy and satisfied life. The blind race for attaining name and fame has made everyone forget that there is nothing above God for attaining happiness. Although we are living in the place of Satan (Kaal Brahm), still Supreme God Kabir descends every now and then to propagate true spiritual knowledge for attaining ultimate peace and happiness.
It can be achieved easily by doing true worship as given by Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj as He is the sole representative of Supreme God Kabir Saheb Ji with the secret mantras as given by God Kabir 600 years ago for attaining salvation. Because salvation being the ultimate goal, such a true devotee does not face any worldly sorrows. After the completion of human life such a devotee attains Salvation and goes to the Eternal Abode Satlok. The pious soul dwells at Satlok permanently and does not come in Kaal’s trap and vicious cycle of death and birth.
How to Observe International Day of Happiness
- On March 20 on International Day of Happiness, inform everybody about Sat-Bhakti that gives all kinds of worldly Joys.
- Face to face, a smile will help to spread awareness of the Eternal Truth.
- Happiness is a fundamental human right achievable through Satguru’s bliss.
- Happiness forever is a fundamental pious soul’s goal achieved by attaining Salvation.
- The #InternationalDayOfHappiness is your day to do Eternal Devotion to keep you happy.
- Being free to make life choices, learning Sat-Gyan by reading the Sacred Book ‘The Way of Living’ and by listening sermons of the Enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj, spending time with society to spread Sat-Bhakti, taking time to recite the Satnam and Sarnam, serving the SatGuru.
- Do Sat-Bhakti that makes you happy.
- Give and Spread Happiness to Others by motivating them to adopt Sat-Bhakti.
- To create your own #InternationalDayofHappiness or week-long celebration by promoting it on Social Media, let the world know about true Happiness Day events.
- UN RESOLUTION 65/309 focuses on Happiness towards a holistic approach to development.
- UN RESOLUTION 66/281 celebrates International Day of Happiness.
- Adopt and spread Happiness-centric spiritual eternal devotion by taking Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. True way of worship will stop the bad impacts of nature bound calamities such as a global coronavirus pandemic and rare incurable diseases such as cancer and organ failures.
Quotes on International Day of Happiness
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “If you want to be happy, be.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “For every minute you are angry you lose 60 seconds of happiness.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy” — Valerie Bertinelli
- “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” — Frank Tyger
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
- “Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.” — Zhuangzi
FAQ Regarding International Day of Happiness 2023
A : International Day of Happiness observed every year on March 20. In 2011, the UN General Assembly adopted a resolution which recognised happiness as a “fundamental human goal” and it was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 28 June 2012.
A: The theme of International Day of Happiness 2023 is ‘Be Mindful, Be Grateful, Be Kind’.
A: The day was observed in 2013 for the first time
A: Out of 146 countries, India is in the 136th position on the World Happiness Index.
A: In these 21 Universes of Kaal Brahm Happiness can only be achieved after complete Salvation Which can only be attained by taking Initiation from Enlightened Saint and performing True devotion of Supreme God Kabir Sahib.