International Day of the Girl Child: True Way of Worship Provides All Types of Protection
International Day of the Girl Child was declared by the United Nations to promote the equal treatment of both a girl child and a boy child by the parents and society. and discourages the practice of female foeticide. The readers would know the true way to ensure the safest society for girls.
The Day of Girl Child
International Day of the Girl Child is also known as the Day of Girls. It shows that girls also have a vital and equal place as boys in society.
On Oct 11, 2001, the UN passed the resolution in which it declared that this day will be observed as the Day of Girls. It focuses mainly on the rights of a girl because, in previous times, there was a lot of discrimination between girls and boys. This is the reason, this day was adopted to make girls aware of their rights and to raise their voice against the evil or anti-social activities done to them.
Discrimination done with the Girls in the past:
- Girls or Women had no same rights as men.
- Had no right to vote.
- Had no right on the property of her father.
- Girls were forced to marry at a young age.
- Had no right to receive an education.
- Had no permission to start any business.
- No Right to do a job.
- Girls were confined to four walls of the house.
- Had no permission to speak for her rights.
Significance of the Day Girl Child
This day undoubtedly is a present for girls since it shows them their importance in society. The observance of this day raised awareness among the girls on several issues such as receiving education, denying child marriage, medical, and other legal rights.
Changes after the declaration of this day:
- Co-educational institutes opened
- Women were given the right to vote
- Equal Pay Act was passed that prohibited employers from discriminating against employees on the ground of sex with respect to the terms of compensation.
The Theme for the Day of the Girl Child
Every year this day is celebrated with a different theme. This year, 2020 the theme is “My voice, our equal future”.
History of International Day of the Girl Child
UN adopted and declared this day in order to improve the critical condition of the girls around the globe. The resolution stated that Day of Girls is recognized focusing towards improving their condition.
Its role is visibly seen in:
- the achievement in improving the condition of girls and eradicating poverty and extreme poverty
- girls are taking active participation in every stream, be it education, be it the decision about their life
- enjoying the human rights to the fullest
- able to raise their voice against anything wrong done to them
- active support of their parents as well as of the society and near ones
Although the declaration of this day has become successful to some extent in improving their condition and role in society. But, still to a great extent, even after receiving education, the girls’ condition is deplorable.
Unsafe Conditions Demand the Safety of Girls
Nowhere the girls are safe now. Every day the girls are sexually harassed, abused, murdered brutally, the cases of female foeticide are at its peak than ever before, and so on. There is a dire need for stringent actions as there is no fear in the mind of the criminals.
Supreme Saint Provides All Kinds of Protection
Draupadi was the queen of Pandavas. Before her marriage she helped a blind Saint by giving him parts of her saree and in return, he blessed Draupadi that as she helped him and saved his respect, God will help her more. In the Kaurava’s court when Duhshasan was trying to undress Draupadi on the order of his elder brother Duryodhana.
Draupadi was looking for help from everyone present in the court but no-one helped her then she remembered Supreme God to save her from Kaurava’s humiliation and because of her previous good deeds Supreme God appeared as Krishna and saved her from being undressed.
Girls Can Only be Saved by the Supreme God on Following the True Spiritual Path
The only way out of this problem is that the society must follow the Spiritual path shown by Tatavdarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. Only a true Saint can help everyone to get rid of any kind of worldly problems and to remove discrimination, abuse, fear, etc. from society.
Even today, in many families, the girl’s upbringing and studies are ignored. Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji emphasizes the same upbringing of boy and girl to His disciples and is creating a safe society for all.
The True Saint at Present
At present, the true Saint is none other than Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. By taking initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj, the root cause of discrimination can be eliminated easily. Also, no mishappening occurs to the devotees of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. Hence, without wasting much of the time, one should take initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
Quotes on International Day of the Girl Child
– Boisterous As Wind, Playful As Balloon, Please Don’t Kill The Little Butterfly In Her Cocoon.”
– Don’t Be Cold, Girls Are Worth More Than Gold
– A Female Has The Right To Her Body, Even If She’s Still In The Womb
– A girl child brings joy, she is no less than a boy.
– Don’t let their lives end before it even begins
– Girls Are The Spirit Of Our Nation, Save Them And Stop Their Exploitation.
S A NEWS