Last Updated on 11 April 2023, 5:00 PM IST: Ambedkar Jayanti 2023: April 14, Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar’s birth anniversary is commemorated as Ambedkar Jayanti. Popularly known as “Babasaheb”, he was a social reformer, Indian polymath who drafted India’s Constitution. His jurist and economist thoughts influence everyone. He was a driving force behind India’s Dalit movement who dedicated his whole life to bringing about equality and social updradation.There will be a Public holiday on 14th April in India to celebrate BhimRao Ramji Ambedkar’s 132nd Birth anniversary.
Key Points About Ambedkar Jayanti 2023
- Public Holiday on 14th April, 2023 on the account of the birthday of Dr B.R. Ambedkar.
- This will be the 132nd birth anniversary of Dr B.R Ambedkar.
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar is known as the chief architect behind the Constitution of India.
- He became the first law and justice minister of independent India.
- It is a custom for senior national figures, such as the President, Prime Minister and leaders of major political parties, to pay homage at the statue of Ambedkar at the Parliament of India in New Delhi.
- It is celebrated throughout the world especially by dalits, adivasi, labor workers, women and also those who embrace Buddhism.
History of the Man Who Wrote the Constitution of India
- Bhimrao Ramji was born on 14 April 1891 in a poor family. That time the caste system was at its peak. He brought several changes in the condition of untouchables by establishing equal rights for them as he was also one of them.
- He completed his doctorate in Law, economics and political science and became famous all over the world.
- He died on 6 December 1956, and in 1990, he was posthumously awarded the ‘Bharat Ratna’ which is India’s highest civilian award.
- Ambedkar struggled for equality throughout his life, hence his birthday is celebrated as ‘Equality Day’ in India, and the demand to declare this day as “International Equality Day” goes to the United Nations.
Why Is Ambedkar Jayanti celebrated?
He has millions of followers all over the world. He is known as the father of the constitution of India and civil rights activist. Ambedkar’s birth anniversary is celebrated on April 14 to honor his countless contributions in the making of the present-day independent India.
Current Situation of Caste
Ambedkar Jayanti 2023: Ambedkar fought a long battle for social justice. He wanted to root out untouchability and for this took the support of education and rights. Ambedkar worked in the interest of both the Dalits and women. But untouchability has not ended yet. Even today many examples of untouchability will be found in politics in villages.
Every Dalit has not got his rights till now. It is not that no one took initiative except Ambedkar, but no change could come in this society. There is no dearth of people who support the caste system. But at present Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj has created such a society in which there is only one caste of human beings which is humanity. And there is no place for caste in the society created by Him. The followers of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj perform marriages, gatherings, devotional practices etc. without any caste discrimination.
Ambedkar Jayanti 2023 Quotes
Important quotes by Dr B.R. Ambedkar:
- “Life should be great rather than long.”
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity.”
- “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.”
- “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
- “Law and order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.”
- “Be Educated, Be Organized and Be Agitated.”
Request to the Followers of Dr. Bhimrao on Ambedkar Jayanti 2023
Dr Bhimrao Ramji did a lot of work to uplift the Dalit community and did good to raise their standards but everything is useless since this is not the only aim of life. He could not fulfill the main aim which is to attain Salvation. As a student needs a teacher to attain a degree from a reputed institute, similarly, for religious path one must take the refuge of a True Saint.
■ Also Read: Ambedkar Jayanti: History of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
Meaning of a Worthy Life
Life becomes meaningful when a person takes Naam Diksha (Initiation) from a Saint. But the devotion must be authentic and a Guru must be true. Supreme God Kabir Sahib Ji explains this in His verses that the entire life is useless till the time one does not take Naam (Initiation). The lines are as follows:
Ja din Satguru bhetiya, So din lekhe jaan |
Baaki samay vyarth gya, Bina Guru ke naam ||
So, it is clear from the above lines that one must take Initiation in one’s life.
What Is Eternal Devotion?
Ambedkar Jayanti 2023: The entire world has been misled on the way of worship by the priests to earn money. The Sanatan Dharma does not support a Caste System like this. This has been explained by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj in His pious spiritual discourses. He not only opened the door of devotion to everyone irrespective of caste, creed, color and gender, He also confronted those who support casteism. People are doing arbitrary practices which are not mentioned in our scriptures. In Bhagavad Gita ji Chapter 9 verse 28, it is mentioned that one who performs worship according to the scriptures will attain benefits from me but abandoning home or doing Hatha Yoga is not the actual worship.
Satlok is the abode where no suffering, diseases, old age, fear, death, hate, trauma, poverty, problems are there. Only peace, equality, love, brotherhood, happiness, joy, youth, harmony are there. That is the place from which every soul belongs.
The Correct Way of Worship
There is evidence in Gita Ji Adhyay 15 Mantra 1-4 that the True Saint would provide the true worship and His identity is also mentioned in it. Also, by practicing that way of worship, one can get liberated from the trap of Brahm (Kaal)
True Saint at Present
In the present era, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is the only True Saint who provides the True Mantras from our holy books. The other Saints are doing and teaching the fake practices and their devotees are being told to do the same. Hence, one should not waste time in doing wrong worship and must take refuge in the authorized Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
Saint Rampal Ji Is the Actual Reformer
By His humongous initiatives His followers are living simple and meaningful lives. His efforts are touching the lives of millions. For Him, we all are His children where no one is rich or poor. He has removed the difference between rich & poor and there is no casteism in His teachings. He teaches the lesson of One God and always says that we all are equal and children of one God. Believe in His words and know the real meaning of equality. To know more about His teachings download Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj app from the playstore.
FAQ about Ambedkar Jayanti 2023
Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated on 14 April every year.
Ambedkar was born on 14 April 1891 in Mahu, Madhya Pradesh.
Ambedkar fought a long battle to abolish untouchability. He fought for the rights of Dalits.
Ambedkar was the chairman of the drafting committee.
Ambedkar was the first doctorate in Economics In India.
Ambedkar was awarded with Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian award, in 1990.
Dr. Ambedkar was first law minister of independent India.