World Marriage Day is celebrated every year on the second Sunday in February. This year, it is on February 13. World Marriage Day officially began in 1983 in the United States of America. Popularized by the Catholic Church, the purpose of World Marriage Day is to emphasize the beauty of marriage and to honor husbands and wives for their faithfulness and sacrifices.
World Marriage Day: Highlight
- World Marriage Day celebrates the vocation to marriage and family life.
- This year, National Marriage Week USA will be celebrated on Feb 7-14.
- World Marriage Day is commemorated on the second Sunday of February, and is celebrated on Sunday, Feb 13.
- The theme for this year’s celebration of National Marriage Week is “Called to the Joy of Love”.
- Marriage Day was started in 1983 by Worldwide Marriage Encounter.
- World Marriage Day honors the beauty of nuptial faithfulness, devotion, sacrifice, commitment and joy.
History of World Marriage Day
- In 1981 married couples in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, encouraged the government and the church to proclaim February 14 as they say that they believe in Marriage Day.
- In 1982, 43 state governors approved and officially proclaimed February 14 as Marriage Day.
- In 1983 again the name of the day was changed to World Marriage Day and it is designated to be celebrated on the second Sunday in February annually.
Aim of Celebrating the World Marriage Day
The observance aimed to celebrate the “husband and wife as the foundation of the family and the unit of society.” The observance tries to honor the idea that marriage should embody faithfulness, loyalty, commitment, and joy in life. It’s a day to spend time with your spouse, appreciate what you have, and plan for a better future.
World Marriage Day Quotes
- Weddings bring together two loving individuals
- On this Marriage Day husband says I am grateful to have you as my wife & wife says the same.
- Happy is a woman who finds her true friend as a husband and happier is a man who gets to marry his true friend.
- Jagatguru Saint Rampal JI Mahraj making Dowry Free Society
Marriage Is a Friendship & Spirituality Is a Bliss
Marriage is a beautiful relationship where not only two people but also a new relationship is added in the families.
■ Also Read | Dowry Free India: Dowry System Is A Curse For Society | Jagatguru Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj
Marriages play an important role in creating social decorum. No one wants to be alone in this world. That’s why couples start a new life by getting married. In marriage, promises are made of love, belongingness, friendship, empathy, growing old together and being each other’s companions.
You know when two spiritually aligned people get married they can fulfill the purpose of human life. The main purpose of this life is to make it successful by doing true worship. Whether married or not, it is necessary to do true worship.This society says that marriage is an important part of every human’s life but spiritual wisdom says that doing true worship is the ultimate necessity.
What Is the Best Way of Getting Married?
The best way of getting married is explained by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj which is known as Ramaini. In Ramaini couples get married in 17 minutes without any exchange of Dowry. This marriage is done without showing off. Most of the time during such events there is an arrangement of tea and biscuit only. Today people become indebted due to opulent marriages, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj has shown a unique way of marriage so that devotees can easily complete their path of salvation without creating other tensions in the name of marriage. To know How can every couple make their life blissful and make their marriage last forever, read the book “Jeene ki Raah (Way of Living)” and listen to the discourses of Sant Rampal ji Maharaj ji.