World Humanitarian Day (WHD) is an international observance observed annually so as to highlight and bring into the notice of the entire globe the efforts being put up by all the humanitarians for the one who are in need. It is the day to appreciate their enormous and vital efforts for the society. Along with this creating awareness about the dedicated theme each year is also the means to participate in the international event. Because international days can be observed successfully by observing maximum participation. While observing the day one should also recognize the foremost goal of this precious human life which is the attainment of salvation by worshiping God Kabir.
World Humanitarian Day 2021 Key Points:
- World Humanitarian Day(WHD) is an international observance observed so as to honor and highlight the contribution of those humanitarians who have devoted their life for any sort of humanitarian cause.
- World Humanitarian Day is observed on 19th August every year.
- This day came into existence in 2009 and was initiated by the UN General Assembly.
- This year the theme of this World Humanitarian Day is to divert the minds of the entire globe to those people whose contribution is least with respect to climate emergency and yet have suffered the most.
- The UN has urged every global citizen to participate in this global approach by participating either via social media or physically so as to send a loud and clear message to the World Leaders that it is the need of the hour to adopt corrective measures for these vulnerable people.
- Amidst these understanding the value of this human life still remains unheard but it is the most important task one should look to attain which is the attainment of Salvation by worshiping Supreme God Kabir.
What Is World Humanitarian Day 2021?
World Humanitarian Day is an international event observed every year by the United Nations. By this day the UN honors and urges the entire globe for the same to all those individuals who are putting their lives on the line to serve mankind and are trapped in critical circumstances around the globe. Along with that it also pays homage to all those humanitarian individuals who lost their lives or got injured while serving mankind.
When Is World Humanitarian Day 2021?
Every year World Humanitarian Day is observed on 19th August. People who have committed themselves for humanitarian causes and activities around the globe are honoured on this day. Along with these all the new efforts and achievements are also appreciated so as to motivate other people to come up for more humanitarian activities.
What Is the History of World Humanitarian Day?
The history of World Humanitarian Day is related to some of its volunteers who lost their lives on the same day. It is the day when Sergio Vieira de Mello (Representative of Security General to Iraq) along with their 21 co workers were killed in a bombing at UN Headquarters at Baghdad on 19th August 2003.
This day was initiated by the United Nations General Assembly as a part of a Swedish-sponsored GA Resolution A/63/L.49 on Coordination of Emergency Assistance of the United Nations and came into effect on 19th August 2009.
What Is the Theme of World Humanitarian Day 2021?
Every year the United Nations decides a dedicated theme based on the topic that needs greater attention globally so as to remind the entire globe about the same and that’s what international days are meant to do. Today one of the most challenging things in front of the entire globe is to combat climate change by bringing in activities to bring it to its natural state. As per the rate of change of climate, the habitat won’t be favourable for us to live in the coming future hence it is the need of the hour.
World Humanitarian Day 2021 theme has been dedicated for the ones who are suffering currently which is #TheHumanRace”, A global challenge for climate action in solidarity with the most vulnerable people. The development achieved by degrading natural resources cannot be termed as development. By this day and theme a loud and clear message is being given to the entire globe to divert their minds towards those unheard voices who are forced to displace from their homes either because of rise in sea levels, flooding, drought, wildfires, Covid-19 or any such natural calamity resulting from climate change. By this theme the UN has targeted the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) in November so that their voices can be heard.
How to Participate in World Humanitarian Day 2021?
The United Nations has made it very easy for us to make our contribution for this day so that the voices of those people who are currently facing problems can be heard because of our own acts in disturbing nature so that needful can be done as earliest as possible. For this, the United Nations has taken the help of social media and urged the entire globe to use social media to wake up the ones who are still sleeping about the cause. The UN has requested by their platform to use hashtag #TheHumanRace #WorldHumanitarianDay on all your social media activities on all social media platforms and write about the cause.
The UN has also arranged the medium to participate physically as well. People can run, ride, swim, walk or do any such activity with the most vulnerable people for 100 cumulative minutes between August 16th and August 31st. This is being done to bring into the notice in front of the entire globe about the cause and its aftermath.
World Humanitarian Day 2021 Quotes
- Feeding yourself is what everyone can do but feeding others for the sake of humanity is what makes you different from the crowd.
- Being humanitarian is not only about writing thesis or journals, rather it is also about more practical and collective effort.
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
- The time when degradation of natural processes will start to cause problems for mankind has come. It is the time for us to take out solutions or we will have to witness the fall.
- Awareness is not just going to do it. We will have to act now. Only by the worship of Lord Kabir can we come up with any solutions. Scientific solutions cannot give us anything.
- Even science depends on God Kabir. Because even the natural resources are the creations of the Almighty and we have mishandled them out of our foolishness.
Recognizing the Value of This Human Life Is True Humanitarianism
True humanitarianism lies in understanding the first and foremost goal of this human life which is the attainment of salvation by worshiping Supreme God Kabir. Amidst such advance growth of science and technology the topic of worshiping God seems to be useless and off the tracks but contrary to this it is actually not and the amount of degradation we are experiencing presently is just because we have forgotten God Kabir. And, we have handovered our destinies to Satan (Kaal Brahm) by choice which is our biggest mistake. The place where we are living belongs to Satan and everything here except Supreme God Kabir is Satan himself who is trying his hardest to keep us away from God Kabir.
To take us out from this cage full of problems and to take us to the Land of Immortality Satlok (our Native Abode), Supreme God Kabir descends Himself to this planet every now and then from Satlok by taking different forms and grant His pious souls the path to attain salvation by imparting His True Spiritual Knowledge. Regarding the theme of this World Humanitarian Day 2021, all the five elements of nature are the by-products of the creations of Supreme God Kabir. And scientists keep on finding things which are already being created and discovered by Supreme God Kabir. Therefore useless. Saint Garibdasji says:
Garib, Chand soor paani pavan, Dharni dhaul aakash |
Paanch tatv haziri khade, Khijamtidar khawas ||
Who Can Help Us All the Time?
It is rightly said that where man loses hope God generates scope. Presently Supreme God Kabir has descended Himself in the form of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj so as to let us know about the cruelty of this cage of Satan. And further educate us about how to take refuge in that everlasting place Satlok where everything is immortal including us. As only Supreme God Kabir can correctly reveal the creation of the universe created by Him hence He knows everything and everyone from every in and out. So we cannot be smarter than God in any case. Hence we should surrender to God upon recognizing Him.
For recognizing Supreme God Kabir, one should go through the spiritual sermons of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj as He is proving via His discourses and divine acts that God favours His righteous soul and this is the prime time to become a righteous soul. Even messages of these sorts can be a medium taken up by God Kabir so as to deliver His message to you, asking you to adopt the True Path of Worship. Hence one should not be late in taking Naam Diksha (initiation) from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj because when God calls it can’t be purposeless. Kabir Saheb says:
Manush janam paye kar jo nahi rate Hari Naam |
Jaise kuua jal bina fir banwaya kya kaam ||