Last Updated on 6 June 2023: 2:44 PM IST: World Food Safety Day 2023 is commemorated on 7th June every year to pull out attention and stimulate action to detect, prevent, and manage foodborne risks. Shelter, Food, and Water are the necessities of life. Every human being has a dependency on water, food, air, and cloth for their existence on the planet. Food is the spur for energy in our bodies. It delivers all the necessary nutrients, fats, carbohydrates, and protein in our bodies to sustain growth. This day contributes to human health, food security, economic prosperity, market access, agriculture, tourism, and sustainable development across the planet.
7 June WFSD 2023 Highlights
- World Food Safety Day was first initiated in 2018 by the UN General Assembly.
- The 5th anniversary of WFSD is being observed on 7th June 2023.
- ‘Food standards save lives’, is the theme for WFSD 2023.
- WHO and FAO fight foodborne diseases globally by observing this day every year.
- Various events are being organized globally to support the day.
- Almighty God Kabir is the ultimate provider of food, water, and nutrition.
World Food Safety Day History & Significance
The World Health Organisation (WHO) identifies the widespread global burden of foodborne diseases, which infect individuals of all ages. Mainly, children under the age of 5 and people living in low income nations.
Hence, it was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2018 that on the 7th of June every year World Food Safety Day would be observed. The World Health Assembly further enacted a resolution in 2020 to enhance international efforts for food safety to counter the widespread foodborne disease.
Who Organizes the World Food Safety Day?
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and WHO together facilitate the observance of World Food Safety Day, in affiliation with the Member States and other related organizations.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Date
World food safety day is observed on the 7th of June every year to captivate global attention towards water and food contamination. 7th June of this year is the 5th anniversary of World Food Safety Day (WFSD). On this day, WHO strives to make endeavors to decrease foodborne induced disease worldwide.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Events
There are a lot of events being organized on this day worldwide. Some of them are mentioned below:
- 7th and 8th June 2023: The Agro-industrial Technical Institute in France is organizing World Food Safety Day awareness raising.
- 7th June 2023: UK and Northern Ireland hospital caterers will observe food safety study day in the town of Basingstoke in England.
- 7th June at 10:00-12:00 (CEST) : Organized by Denmark’s Agriculture and Food Council, an online event to observe and discuss how the Danish food sector can innovate products continuously.
- 7th June 2023: Bangladesh Food Safety Foundation with other organizations has jointly organized a hybrid seminar to observe the event.
- 7th and 8th June 2023: The Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR), Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT), Society of Fisheries Technologists India (SOFTI), the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and the India Section of Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC International) are organizing joint hybrid national technical workshop in Cochin, Kerala.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Theme
This World Food Safety Day 2023 theme is ‘Food standards save lives’, which concentrates on consuming and producing safe and healthy food. Eventually resulting in a better health for an individual. Safe and hygienic food provides an immediate, long-lasting benefit to the planet, the economy, and the people. It also forms a standardized connection between the health of people, plants, animals, the environment, and the economy that will help us fulfill the necessities of the future.
Killing Animals For Food Is Inhumane and Mine of Diseases
Spiritually elevated people prohibit killing animals for food as inhumane. Some other objects for unhygienic and polluting conditions on industrial farms, or the environmental consequences of growing livestock. Cooking meat negatively affects human health as it increases the production of toxic byproducts capable of causing cancer, an increased risk of heart disease, developing diabetes and obesity. Some people advocate the advantages of eating fresh flesh without realizing the consequences.
Almighty God Kabir Can Ensure the Food Safety of Everyone
Supreme God Kabir is omnipotent. He has unlimited power to fulfill all the necessities of all living beings. Problems like Food contamination and Foodborne disease can be overcome by taking the refuge of Almighty God Kabir. 625 years ago, God Kabir incarnated on the earth and taught us the importance of food and water in our life. He taught all living beings to be vegetarian.
Kabir, Jeev hane hinsa karein, Pragat paap sir hoy ।
Nigam puni aise paap tein, Bhist gaya nahin koy ।।
Supreme Abode Satlok Has Unlimited Food & Water
Eternal Abode Satlok is our original home. All the living souls used to live peacefully in the Supreme Abode. There is no shortage of resources like Food & Water in Satlok. There are rivers of milk, mountains of butter, and wells of ghee in Satlok. Food is generated by the power of the word. With unlimited resources, there is no need for contamination. Our body is immortal and disease-free in Satlok, hence there are no sufferings at all. The prime motive of our lives is to attain salvation by worshiping God Kabir and attain Satlok to become immortal.
FAQ about World Food Safety Day
On 7th of June every year, World Food Safety Day is commemorated globally. The prime motive behind celebrating this day is to generate and promote awareness about taking proper steps to detect, prevent, and manage foodborne risks.
On December 20, 2018 the UN General Assembly decided to commemorate World Food Safety Day globally. As of 2019, every 7th June is celebrated as World Food Safety Day all around the world.
‘Food standards save lives’
Satguru Has the Key to the Supreme Abode
One must take the refuge of a Tatvdarshi Sant if he/she wants to attain the Supreme Abode. Presently, only Jagatguru Tatvadarshi Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj has the key to the Supreme Abode. Sat-bhakti is the only key that can lead us to Satlok. Chanting true Moksh Mantras after taking Naam initiation (Naam Diksha) from Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj will lead anyone directly to the Supreme Abode.
World Food Safety Day 2023 Quotes
- Food safety is everybody’s concern which can be resolved by Sat-bhakti.
- Thank God for giving three meals 365 days a year.
- Food Safety is a shared obligation along with caring and sharing.
- Make simple vegetarian food Khichdi which is praised by Supreme God Kabir.
- Take food not only for nutrients and calories but also to share it with others.
- Cook vegetarian food to make it healthy, bug-free, and eco-friendly.
- Almighty God Kabir created trees, plants, fruits, flowers, etc for all the living beings to fulfill their necessities for survival.
- Supreme God Kabir took care of our nourishment when we were in our mother’s womb.
- Donating food to the needy is the fundamental duty of a human being.
- Supreme Abode Satlok has Unlimited Food, Water, and Other Resources.
- Omnipotent God Kabir ordered all the living beings to remain Vegetarian.