Last Updated on 13 October 2022, 1:44 PM IST | World Food Day was first established in November 1979. The idea was suggested by former Hungarian Minister of Agriculture and Food Dr Pal Romany. Since then, the day has been celebrated by more than 150 countries around the world. It is an initiative by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations. Lending food to the hungry has always been the teaching of the Almighty God. So let us know about the day to walk on the path shown by the Almighty God and promote World Food Day as well.
World Food Day 2022: Highlights
- October 16 marks the creation of FAO in 1945.
- World Food Day is celebrated in honour of the date of the founding of the FAO of the United Nations in 1945.
- In the United States the endeavor is sponsored by 450 national, private voluntary organizations.
- The day aims at tackling global hunger and striving to eradicate hunger across the world.
- This day is also celebrated by organizations like the World Food Programme (WFP) and the International Fund for Agriculture Development.
- The theme of this year is “Leave No One Behind”.
- By 2021, India’s rank in the Global hunger index has gone down to 101.
- The Almighty helps those who identify Him and worship.
History of World Food Day
World Food Day was first observed in 1945. It was celebrated to mark the launch of the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization. The main focus of World Food Day is to celebrate the promotion of food security across the globe, especially in difficult times like the COVID-19 pandemic.
World Food Programme (WFP)
The day is celebrated widely by many other organizations concerned with hunger and food security, including the World Food Programme and the International Fund for Agricultural Development. WFP received the Nobel Prize in Peace for 2020 for their efforts to combat hunger, contribute to peace in conflict areas, and for playing a leading role in stopping the use of hunger in the form of a weapon for war and conflict.
World Food Day Theme 2022
World Food Day 2022 theme is “Leave No One Behind”. The emphasis of this theme is bringing everyone from the society into the development together and move forward. Although we have developed ourselves in technologies and various circumstances still there is a huge section of people in our society which is still underdeveloped. The main problem behind this cause is accessibility to food resources.
Daily enough food is being prepared across the globe to feed the entire population but because of the lack of resources, food is not accessible to many people. People need to come in front as a volunteer to reduce this gap of accessibility and be a food hero for their societies. Lending food was an act also done by Supreme God Kabir or Kabir Parmeshwar Himself then how can we be left behind?
Significance of World Food Day
World Food Day is celebrated to mark the anniversary of the founding of the FAO of the United Nations, every year. This day aims at tackling global hunger and striving to eradicate hunger across the world.
How Can the World Celebrate World Food Day?
This global event marks a day calling for worldwide awareness and collective action to combat the issue of hunger and ensure healthy diets for all. One can do the following to ensure his/her participation:
- One of the best ways to celebrate World Food Day is by giving food to people who need it the most and be a food hero. This way you can serve and feed the needy. And don’t forget it to share to world food day community.
- Reach out to join the World Food Day community through its website. And you will be given contents(available in various languages) to post online on social media platforms related to the observance of world food day.
- Participation in World Food Day Poster Contest 2022. Children from the age group of 5-19 years can make a poster based upon their imagination and upload it on the website of FAO.
- Kigali, Rwanda city (in Africa) convention centre is being lit up from 10th October 2022 to 17th October 2022 to observe World Food Day.
- World Food Day visual material promotion will be displayed across 18 countries through outdoor advertisement on 16th October 2022 to make people aware about the need for a healthy diet.
India’s Global Hunger Rank
For the 2021 GHI report, data were assessed for 135 countries. With a score of 27.5 in the 2021 Global Hunger Index, India has a level of hunger that is serious. India slips to 101st rank in Global Index 2021. Despite so much economic growth, India is still grappling with high levels of poverty, food insecurity, and malnutrition. In the last two decades, the income gap between the rich and the poor has increased. The Covid-19 pandemic has made the situation worse.
The World Food Programme is taking many steps along with the Government of India. The Indian government has also been running many food security related schemes but the implementation has been a challenge. The government, in 2013, had enacted the National Food Security Act which ensured food grains at subsidised rates to approximately two-thirds of the Indian population. But, the fight to end hunger is far from being over.
Kabir Parmeshwar Feeds Everyone
- You know More than 3 billion people (almost 40% of the world’s population) cannot afford a healthy diet. There are millions of people across the globe who are struggling with hunger, they do not have adequate food to survive.
- Starvation is a global crisis that needs to be addressed and tackled before it’s too late. We live in a society where there are people who can manage to indulge in the finest of delicacies without any thoughts but there are also others who struggle for food altogether.
- God created this world, and we are God’s creation. Each soul in this universe is God’s beloved soul. God loves both human beings and animals alike. God created the universe in six days. He made us and provided food for everyone.
All Living Being Equal for God
God is gracious and kind. He loves the souls of animals and humans alike. God gave us seed-bearing and fruit-bearing plants to eat. Even microorganisms are His child. He ordered the man to be vegetarian. God helps those who obey Him. Every soul belongs to God and He loves each and every child.
Whoever is dependent on God and has a firm belief in Him and His constitution, he will never go sleep hungry & thirsty. God has descended on earth to protect His souls from all obstacles like hunger, poverty, diseases, calamity etc., believe in His glory and identify Him through the book ‘Gyan Ganga‘ (Compiled by Saint Rampal ji Maharaj incarnation of Almighty). Worshipping Almighty according to the scriptures can help everyone till eternity.
FAQ on World Food Day 2022
Answer: Around 11.3 percent of the world population which is around 805 million people.
Answer: Venezuela, Thailand, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Kuwait, Ghana, Georgia, Cuba, Brazil, Azerbaijan and Armenia.
Answer: Around 65 percent of the hungry people are living in Asia which is around 526 million.
Answer: Almost 1 in 15 children in developing countries dies before 5 due to hunger.
Answer 101th Rank