Last Updated on 14 June 2022, 4: 29 PM IST: World Blood Donor Day 2022 | Every two seconds, someone needs blood to survive. There is no alternative for human blood whose shelf life is also limited. World Blood Donor Day is commemorated every year on the 14th of June. This day is observed to promote voluntary unpaid blood donation. Blood donation camps are also organized at many places on the 14th of June every year. The sole purpose of this day is to deliver blood as per the requirements all around the globe. If an adequate quantity of blood will be available in the blood banks, then the life of millions can be saved in time.
World Blood Donor Day 2022 Highlights
- World Blood Donor Day is an initiative by WHO started in 2004 to generate awareness of safe blood and blood products for transfusion.
- World Blood Donor Day is observed on the 14th of June every year to promote unpaid voluntary blood donations all around the globe.
- The birthday of a great scientist, Karl Landsteiner was on June 14, who had won a Nobel Prize in 1930 for the detection of blood groups.
- World Blood Donor Day 2021 theme and slogan is “Give Blood and keep the World beating”.
- Italy will be the host for World Blood Donor Day 2021 global event by WHO.
- Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj is organizing free Blood Donation Camps for everyone.
History of World Blood Donor Day
The World Health Organization (WHO) initiated this day back in the year 2004. Since then, World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on the 14th of June. The birthday of a great scientist is celebrated as World Blood Donor Day. Karl Landsteiner was born on June 14, who had won a Nobel Prize in 1930 for the detection of blood groups.
Significance of World Blood Donor Day
The main objective of celebrating World Blood Donor Day is to make people aware of blood donation. By donating blood voluntarily, an adequate amount of blood will be available in the blood banks, so that the patients can get blood easily if needed.
Blood Donation can provide a new life to countless people. Several people in the nation and all around the globe die of blood loss every day. Commemorating this day can prompt people that blood donation is necessary.
Aim of World Blood Donor Day
World Blood Donor Day is observed on the 14th of June every year. The aim is to generate global awareness of safe blood and blood products for transfusion, along with the need for unpaid voluntary blood donors that can help in making nationwide health systems. The day also delivers an opportunity to put action to national health authorities and governments and to deliver sufficient resources. To put into place systems and infrastructures to enhance the collection of blood from voluntary blood donors.
Safe blood and safe blood products and their transfusion are crucial aspects of public health care. They save the lives of millions and boost the health and quality of life of many patients every day. The necessity for blood is universal, but access to blood for people who need it is not. Blood shortages are incredibly acute in developing nations.
World Blood Donor Day 2022 Theme
The theme and slogan for World Blood Donor Day 2022 are “Donating blood is an act of solidarity”. The message intensifies the crucial contribution blood donors make to maintaining the world pulsating by protecting lives and improving people’s health. It strengthens the global need for more people all around the globe to donate blood regularly and contribute to better health.
A particular focus of this year’s campaign will be the part of young people in securing a safe blood supply. In many nations, young people have been at the vanguard of initiatives and activities aimed at attaining safe blood supplies through voluntary, non-remunerated blood donations. Young people form a substantial sector of the population in many communities and are commonly full of idealism, creativity, and ease.
Blood Donation On 625th Kabir Prakat Diwas
Blood donation is considered as Gift of Life to another Human. Jagatguru Tatvadarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji is a Great Social Reformer all around the World. Under His guidance, Huge Blood Donation Camps were organised on the Occasion of 625th Kabir Saheb Prakat Diwas at 9 different locations all around the country. This year, the day is lining up with World Donor Day. Blood Donation Camps were organized at Satkok Ashram Khamano (Punjab), Satlok Ashram Dhuri (Punjab), Satlok Ashram Sojat (Rajasthan), Satlok Ashram Mundka (Delhi), Satlok Ashram Shamli (U.P), Satlok Ashram Indore (M.P), Satlok Ashram Bhiwani (Haryana), Satlok Ashram Kurukshetra (Haryana), Satlok Ashram Rohtak (Haryana).
Thousands of people voluntarily participated with great enthusiasm and donated thousands of units of blood. Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji is working day and night to eradicate social evils present in the society. Thousands of people die due to a shortage of blood every year. Hence, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji motivates his followers to donate blood and other body organs after their death.
Blood Donors Should Know
- The donor should have a decent health condition. The donor should not be an anemic patient, diabetic patient, alcoholic or smoker.
- Only a healthy person should donate blood, as advised by doctors.
- Anyone who is more than 18 years old can donate blood.
- Anyone donating blood must have more than 45 kg of weight.
- A healthy meal is advised 3 hours before blood donation.
- Drink plenty of fluids like juice or water the day before and the night before the day of blood donation.
- Wear comfortable loose clothes while donating blood so that moving your arm doesn’t become a problem.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity or exercising on the day of blood donation.
Why Is Blood Donor Day Celebrated?
To ensure that anyone who requires safe blood has access to it. All nations need voluntary, unpaid donors who donate blood regularly. Alongside the Coronavirus pandemic, despite challenges like limited mobility, blood donors in many nations have resumed donating plasma and blood to patients who need a transfusion. Such overwhelming efforts during a time of exceptional crisis highlight the vital role of committed voluntary, well-organized, non-remunerated blood donors in securing a safe and sufficient blood supply during an emergency and normal times.
World Blood Donor Day Objectives
- Thank blood donors all around the globe and create broader public insight into the need for regular voluntary unpaid blood donation.
- Promote the social values of blood donation in strengthening social cohesion and community solidarity.
- Encourage youth to welcome the humanitarian initiative to donate blood and motivate others to copy the same.
- Celebrate the capability of youth as supporters in facilitating health.
Significance of Blood Donation
Everyone’s support and involvement will help to secure greater impact of World Blood Donor Day 2021. Improving recognition globally that donating blood is a life saving act of solidarity and that aids in providing safe blood and blood ducts is a vital element of every health care system. The participation of interested supporters is pleasing at all degrees to make World Blood Donor Day 2021 an international success.
Saints Are Always Benevolent
Great Saint Rampal Ji is a benevolent saint and He is always ahead of helping society. A few months back with His efforts His disciples started a website to help and find donors in the country. Blood donation service by Jagatguru Saint Rampal Ji. By clicking on the site you can find the closest donor to help you.
World Blood Donor Day 2022: His purpose is to provide a sufficient amount of blood availability in the blood banks, and according to His teachings, His disciples are always ready to help saving lives. Sant Rampal Ji’s blood donation organization has provided thousands of blood units to police and the army. His disciples regularly organize blood donation camps.
World Blood Donor Day 2022 Quotes
- Blood donation is good for self and saves a life
- Donate blood whenever you can, as you may need too
- Blood donation takes a few minutes but gives a lifetime for someone else
- Your blood donation will be the reason to smile on many faces
- Donate blood, you can save a life
- Your blood is invaluable to save a life