World Autism Awareness Day 2022: Autism is a spectrum disorder (ASD) that is related to the brain. The cerebellum is mainly affected because of Autism. The Autistic brain suffers from hypoconnectivity which means the brain reduces connection resulting in weak connected regions with sulci forming between them that make these people less friendly. Thus, the deeper these sulcal pits are, the more difficulty one faces in language production.
People suffering from this disorder have to face several challenges as their brain develops slowly. Also, these individuals are not good at interacting socially, have poor motor skills and have difficulty in reasoning and so on. Autism is found in people with IQ below 70 to 75 and it begins before the age of 18.
When is World Autism Day?
In 2022, World Autism Day is observed on 2nd April. This day is celebrated to make people aware about this disorder and to find out the ways for a better life for the people who are suffering from Autism.
What is the History of World Autism Day?
Autism is taken from a Greek word ‘autos’ which means self. In 1908, a Swiss psychiatrist, Eugen Bleuler used the word “autism” for the first time. He used this to describe a patient who was suffering from a severe disorder schizophrenia and had withdrawn into his own world.
Donald Triplett was the first person who was diagnosed with autism. He was born in September 1933 and was the eldest son of his parents. In 2008, the United Nations General Assembly declared 2nd April as World Autism Awareness Day.
Facts and figures about Autism on World Autism Awareness Day
- Autism is a neurological disorder.
- Medically it has no cure except few therapies but spirituality has.
- Autistic people have an IQ below 70 to 75.
- Autism prevalence rates rose by 175% between 2000 and 2016.
- Girls are 4% less prone to Autism than boys
- As per reports of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020, the estimated % of autistic children by 3 was 44.
- Open Minds Magazine revealed in 2018, the prevalence rates of Autism in adults born between 1980 to 2012 will rise more than 2.8%.
Theme for World Autism Day 2022
In this year 2022, the theme of World Autism Day is ‘Inclusive Quality Education for All’. This day aims to help Autistic people to overcome the hurdles they face throughout their life. Also, this emphasizes that even people with Autism disorder have the right to acquire quality education.
Significance of World Autism Day!
World Autism Day is pivotal in the lives of Autistic people. As these people have to face numerous hardships throughout their life, this day highlights those problems and makes their life convenient.
This day ensures to provide a better future and society to live in for the people who have Autism disorder. This day reminds that everyone has equal rights at the workplace as well as in achieving education.
Symptoms of Autism disorder
- Autistic people do not make eye contact.
- They have restricted interests
- Having repetitiveness in the behaviour (e.g. repeating words, phrases rocking back and forth)
- Do not listen to what others say
- More sensitive to sounds, touches, smells
- Lacks in expressing views and thoughts.
- Less clarity in speaking
Cure of Autism Spectrum Disorder
There is no cure for Autism disorder till now in medical science. It cannot be treated but there are few therapies that can work in understanding the people suffering from this disorder. But the method of worship given by the True Saint can cure any disorder or disease.
Behavior and Communication therapy helps children with this disorder to learn new skills through a reward based motivation system. Apart from that, Educational therapy and Family therapy work well in assisting these children to explore more. And improves their interaction socially and verbally.
Quotes on World Autism Day 2022
- Autism is a part of a child, it is not everything.
- Be sure, get the cure of Autism by reciting True mantras.
- Autism is not a disability, it is a different ability.
- Forget about the things they can’t do and focus on what they can.
- Everyone is much more than a diagnosis written on a paper.
- Supreme Power Kabir Sahib Ji has the cure of all disorders or disabilities.
Cure of all Diseases
There is only one cure for all incurable diseases in the world. This is opting the path of Spiritualism by taking the true method of worship from a True Saint. At present, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is the True Saint Who provides True Worship to His followers. After taking Initiation (Naam Diksha) from Him, one surely can attain the Supreme Abode ‘Satlok’ where there are no diseases at all. So one should not waste time and go into the refuge of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.