UPSC IAS Exam 2020 Date: UPSC to announce the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination date 2020 on June 5
SA News Channel, New Delhi: UPSC IAS Exam 2020 Date update: UPSC IAS Prelims date will be announced on Official website upsc.gov.in on June 5. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on its official website upsc.gov.in, will release the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination date 2020 on June 5.
- A number of examinations including UPSC Civil Services Exam, UPSC NDA Exam, UPSC CMS exam postponed due to the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Personality test for remaining candidates in 2019 exam for the Civil Services
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020
- Combined Medical Services Examination, 2020
- Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2020
- The NDA & Naval Academy Examination, 2020
Candidates who have applied for the UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2020 should now start preparing for the exam. Initially, the Commission postponed the exam dates due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
UPSC has cancelled the earlier dates
Earlier, the revised date of the UPSC exam (preliminary) was Wednesday 20 May 2020. Then later, it was scheduled for May 31, but both dates were canceled due to the increase in the number of COVID 19 patients in the city.
Important information for revised exam dates
A special meeting was held on May 20, 2020 in which the Commission reviewed the situation after the Nationwide Lockdown 4.0 and COVID-19 cases. And, it is decided that the Commission will announce the revised test date of the examination in their next meeting that will be held on June 5, 2020.
The release of exam dates may be delayed as the lockdown has been extended for 14 more days till May 31, 2020. On this basis, the examination is not expected to be conducted before June and July 2020.
■ Students are advised to check the official website
UPSC IAS Prelims Exam Date will be announced on 5 June 2020 on its Official Website. However, students are advised to keep a regular check on the website.
UPSC IAS Exam 2020-UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2020
The UPSC Prelims exam consists of two papers namely General Studies and CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). It is a must to score at least 33% along with the cut off as decided by the UPSC.
■ Important points to be taken care for the students before appearing in the examination:
- There is a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the wrong answer marked.
- The candidates will be awarded 2 marks for the correct answer and 0.66 will be deducted for each wrong answer in General studies (Paper I).
- The candidates will be awarded 2.5 marks for each correct answer and 0.833 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in CSAT (paper II).
- There is no negative marking for leaving any questions in both papers.
About UPSC examination and Selection
The UPSC Civil Services Examination comprises three exams which are Prelims, Main and Interview. The candidate has to qualify all these three exams and on the basis of these Commission select officers for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS).
S A NEWS