No Smoking Day 2022: No Smoking Day is the national day that is observed annually in different parts of the globe that aims at creating awareness about the need to quit smoking. Along with this it also brings into the notice of the people about the ways to quit smoking and benefits that it adds to the life of a person. Let us know about the highlights of the day in detail.
No Smoking Day 2022 Highlights
- No Smoking Day falls annually on the second Wednesday in the month of march.
- This year No Smoking Day 2022 falls on 9th of March.
- No Smoking Day aims at highlighting the ill effects of smoking and at the same time encouraging people to quit smoking as well.
- It was observed on the day of Ash Wednesday in the United Kingdom in the year 1984.
- Every year it is observed with a dedicated theme.
- This day is inspired from World No Tobacco Day that happens to fall on 31st May every year.
- Consumption of any kind of intoxicant is prohibited in every Holy Scripture and is also against the Constitution of Supreme God Kabir. The one consuming it cannot attain God.
What is No Smoking Day?
As the name reveals itself, No Smoking Day is one of those days that brings into limelight about the need to quit smoking for one’s well being. As smoking damages our body’s internal workings as it contains tobacco. Tobacco, whose consumption is the basis of various heart related diseases and can decrease the lifespan of a human being.
What is the Theme of No Smoking Day 2022?
The theme of no smoking day 2022 is “quitting smoking doesn’t have to be stressful.” It lays its emphasis on quitting smoking without stress.
What is the History of No Smoking Day?
No Smoking Day was first celebrated in the year 1984 on Ash Wednesday in the Republic of Ireland. Since then the day is observed on every second Wednesday in the month of march every year.
When is No Smoking Day?
No Smoking Day 2022 happens to be on 9th March. As the date is the second Wednesday for the month, the day happens to be on that day.
- Around 7000 chemicals are believed to be involved in tobacco smoke out of which 250 are harmful to us.
- The tally of smokers in China is around 300 million people who are consuming 1.7 trillion cigarettes every year and around three million cigarettes a minute.
- Around 7 million people every year succumb to death every year because of smoking. This tally is expected to rise to 8 million by the year 2030.
- The only product being sold legally that can result in severe death of approximately half of the people who consume it is tobacco.
- Smoking laws are estimated to be protecting 20% of the world’s population.
- Consumption of tobacco affects male sexual function, can cause ectopic pregnancy and can also cause tooth loss in various adults.
No Smoking Day 2022: Quotes
- “Every time you try to quit smoking you are actually getting closer to staying smoke-free.” – Henry Ford
- “Cigarettes are a classy way to commit suicide.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “Smoking is suicide by instalments.” – H.M. Forester
- “A cigarette is the only consumer product which when used as directed kills its consumer.” – Gro Brundtland
Why are People Unable to Quit Smoking?
Smoking is one of those addictive habits that has taken many people into its custody that too with a rapid speed. But the worst part is that in spite of knowing the ill effects of smoking that it can lead to death, people are not able to quit smoking. It is because of their addiction that they think smoking adds relief to their day to day stresses but it is not so.
■ Also Read: World No Tobacco Day Theme & Quotes
Although addiction to smoke seems comfortable but is killing and eating your body from within if you are a smoker. People who smoke need to open up their mind and question themselves about how smoking tobacco can free you from stress.
What is Tobacco Made Up Of?
The exact origin of tobacco is not revealed to the entire globe which is not just farming. Instead tobacco started originating at the place where the blood of Kamdhenu (Heaven’s Cow) fell on the ground when the cow was being shot by an arrow by a king. At the places where the blood fell, tobacco started growing and since then its production multiplied. Saint Garibdas Ji has stated in His sacred verses:
Khoo naam khoon ka, Tamaa naam gay |
sau baar saugandh, isko na peeye-khaay ||
Tamaa + Khoo = Tamaakhoo
Meaning:- The meaning is that in Persian language, a cow is called “Tamaa”. Blood is called “Khoo” i.e. “Khoon”. This tobacco has originated from cow’s blood. It has cow’s hair-like hair over it.
What is the Easiest Way to Quit Smoking?
Smoking is dangerous in itself and can cause various heart and lung related diseases to the human body. We as human beings have tried our best to quit smoking but most of us failed in doing so. It is a common saying that where man loses hope God generates scope. By adopting the spiritual way involving the power of True worship of Supreme God Kabir one’s soul can quit any sort of intoxication with ease.
It is because of the supremacy of God Kabir and the power in His word that the method of His worship taken from His Complete Saint can clear off our sins and give us a life full of happiness. Saint Garibdas ji has revealed in His sacred verses about the ill effects of consuming tobacco from spiritual point of view:
Garib, Bhaang Tambhakhu Peev Hi, Sura Paan Se Haet |
Gausat Mitti Khaye Kar, Jungli Bane Praet ||
Who is the Complete Saint?
A Complete Saint is the one who is the representative of Supreme God Kabir here. And He is the medium by which Supreme God Kabir gives His benefits to His true devotees. By performing the worship as given by Him, one can enjoy the benefits that God Kabir gives to His devotees. Presently, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana, India is the one who stands complete on all the identifications of a Complete Saint. He is the one to reply upon to quit any sort of bad habit by the power of true worship of Supreme God Kabir given through Him. To know more you can visit Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj Youtube Channel.