Late on Friday night, a potent earthquake with a magnitude of 6.4 struck Nepal, It was then followed by three aftershocks within 50 minutes, leading to significant tremors being felt in Delhi and its neighboring cities. According to the National Center for Seismology, the earthquake occurred at a latitude of 28.84 N and a longitude of 82.19 E. at a depth of 10 km. Tremors were felt across several north Indian cities, including the Delhi-NCR region, at around 11.30 pm. So far, 157 people have been killed and around 200 have been injured in Jajarkot and Rukum.
Highlights of Nepal EarthQuack: November 3, 2023
- Nepal’s National Earthquake Monitoring & Research Center said that the earthquake’s epicenter was at Jajarkot.
- According to officials, at least 157 people have lost their lives and more than 170 have been injured.
- Strong tremors were felt across several north Indian states, including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and the Delhi-NCR region.
- In Jajarkot district, close to the quake’s epicenter, 105 people were confirmed dead and another 55 injured. In nearby Rukum West district, 52 were killed and 85 injured, Kadayat said,a government administration official
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his condolences over the incident and stated that India stands in solidarity with Nepal
Injuries and Casualties in Tremor
According to Nepal Police, 200 individuals suffered injuries in the earthquake that shook Jajarkot and West Rukum districts in Karnali Province. In the epicenter of Jajarkot, 157 people lost their lives, while an additional 38 deaths were reported in the adjacent West Rukum district. In Jajarkot, 81 people sustained injuries, and 85 in West Rukum.
The earthquake caused extensive damage to numerous houses in the region. Local officials have not been able to make contact with the Jajarkot village where the epicenter is and has a population of 190,000. Police official Namaraj Bhattarai told Reuters: “Rescue and search teams have to clear roads blocked by dry landslides due to the earthquake to reach the affected areas.” Officials added that the toll was expected to rise, noting that communications were cut off in many places in the Himalayan country.
Government Response and Aid
Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal promptly arrived in the earthquake-affected areas with a team of doctors and relief supplies. The government pledged to provide 50 million rupees to each of the earthquake-hit districts, Jajarkot and Rukum Paschim, through the central relief management fund. The government also assured a streamlined, one-door system for relief distribution. Immediate requirements such as blankets, tarpaulin sheets, and food supplies were dispatched to the affected areas.
The Road Department was instructed to clear road obstructions for improved transportation. Health and medical teams, along with essential medicines, were dispatched to the earthquake-stricken regions. The Minister for Health and Population, Mohan Bahadur Basnet, announced that the government would offer free treatment to those injured in the earthquake that caused devastation in Jajarkot and Rukum Paschim districts.
Historical Earthquakes in Nepal
- 2015 Nepal Earthquake: In April 2015, Nepal faced a catastrophic earthquake, measuring a magnitude of 7.8, resulting in 9,000 casualties. A second tremor occurred 17 days later.
- September 16, 2020: Nepal experienced a magnitude 6 earthquake, with tremors felt in the capital, Kathmandu.
- November 9, 2022: A quake in western Nepal led to the loss of at least six villagers, including four children.
- November 12, 2022: An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.4 struck Nepal, affecting both Nepal and India.
- January 24, 2023: A magnitude 5.6 earthquake resulted in the loss of one life and damage to numerous houses in a remote district of Nepal.
- October 3, 2023: Western Nepal faced two successive earthquakes on October 3, 2023, measuring magnitudes 6.3 and 5.3. These quakes injured 17 people, damaged homes, and caused a landslide that blocked a major highway.
- November 3, 2023: A strong earthquake struck the western area of Jajarkot, resulting in at least 132 fatalities and numerous injuries. The earthquake had a magnitude of 5.7 according to the German Research Centre for Geosciences and 5.6 according to the US Geological Survey.
Aftershock in Nepal Following Recent Earthquake
On November 5, 2023, a magnitude 3.6 earthquake rattled Nepal, occurring just two days after a devastating 6.4-magnitude earthquake claimed the lives of over 157 people. The epicenter of this aftershock was situated 169 kilometers northwest of Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu. While the tremors were felt in Kathmandu, there were no immediate reports of additional damage or injuries.
The government of Nepal has been actively engaged in enhancing disaster preparedness and implementing mitigation measures throughout the country. However, despite these efforts, there remains a substantial need for further actions to safeguard the lives of the Nepali population against the recurrent threat of earthquakes.
Ongoing Seismic Activity in Nepal
This aftershock serves as a stark reminder of the persistent seismic activity in Nepal, a nation located in a highly active earthquake-prone region. Nepal is geographically positioned between the Indian Plate and the Eurasian Plate, which are in constant collision. This tectonic interaction results in frequent earthquakes within the region.
Condolences and Support from Indian PM
Prime Minister Narendra Modi offered his sympathies and affirmed India’s unity with Nepal. He pledged full support, stating, “We deeply mourn the loss of lives and devastation caused by the earthquake in Nepal. India is in solidarity with the Nepalese people and is prepared to provide all possible assistance. Our heartfelt thoughts are with the grieving families, and we wish a speedy recovery for the injured.”
Emergency Contact for Indian Nationals
India has promptly established an emergency contact number, +977-9851316807, to assist Indian citizens in Nepal following the recent earthquake in the region.
True Spiritual Knowledge | A path to find Solace in Times of Calamity and Challenges
Throughout history, humanity has encountered and overcome various disasters, crises, and pandemics. It’s important to recognize that not all natural disasters are entirely manageable by the entire human race. The Vedas and various religious texts suggest that the Supreme God, KavirDev (Kabir Saheb Ji), has the power to extend a seeker’s life and alleviate their ailments or troubles. True devotion provides protection against all forms of suffering, and the Supreme God personally safeguards devoted individuals.
This world belongs to Brahm Kaal who has been cursed to eat 1 lakh human beings every day and to give birth to 1.25 lakhs. Everything in this world is impermanent, including the entire fabricated reality, such as villages, cities, animals, people, and rulers.
In the contemporary world, the sole Jagatguru Tatvdarshi Saint, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji, has incarnated on this sacred land with the primary purpose of serving humanity. He is the direct representative of Supreme God Kabir Saheb Ji. It is worth noting that no other spiritual leader on Earth possesses the complete knowledge to guide one in the path of devotion as per the scriptures. Consequently, we earnestly request all readers to seek initiation from Jagatguru Rampal Ji and find solace from their sorrows.
In the present times, Jagatguru Tatvdarshi Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj is the only Tatvdarshi Sant in all over the world and by receiving initiation from Him, individuals can find respite from a myriad of seemingly insurmountable troubles and embark on the journey towards salvation through devotion. This era is fraught with challenges, and without the refuge of a Tatvdarshi Sant, life can be akin to a well without water, leaving one spiritually parched. To gain a deeper understanding, you are encouraged to explore the teachings of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj through official website jagatgururampalji.org or download sant Rampal Ji Maharaj app.