Shardiya Navratri 2020: Nav means ‘nine’ and Ratri means ‘nights’ i.e. it is a festival which is celebrated by Hindu Community to honor goddess Durga over nine nights. It is celebrated around the globe where Hindus reside. Along with goddess Durga, Lord Rama and various other deities are also worshipped in various parts of the world.
Navratri, a festival celebrated with great joy among the Hindu society. Along with highlighting the features of this gala, this blog lays its emphasis on those facts, proofs, and information that will guide you further about the scripture-based worship one should adopt to attain all benefits from Supreme Almighty. So, to know all this just explore the blog completely and feel the enthusiasm all over the globe highlighting the victory of good over evil.
Navratri 2020: The Sharada Navratri 2020 date this year happens to be from 17th October to 25th October. The first and the last days are named Pratipada and Navami respectively.
Shardiya Navratri 2020: It is said that Goddess Durga fought a nine-day long battle in order to defeat demon king Mahisasura by taking nine different incarnations and emerged victoriously. So based upon this Navratri story, people from the Hindu religion pay tribute by celebrating Navratri over 9 days and the 10th day as Vijay Dashmi.
Shardiya Navratri 2020: Every year Navratri celebrations are done with great joy and people do various sorts of stuff during this season:-
- The idol of Goddess Durga is worshipped for 9 days and on the 10th day, it is immersed in running water. Similarly, the various Ramayana skits are performed over 9 days and the effigy of Ravana is burnt on the 10th day celebrating Dussehra.
- People usually narrate and listen to navratri katha which is considered to be holy by Hindus at the time of the festival and give navratri wishes by exchanging gifts.
- They decorate their homes with navratri images and posters over nine days of navratri and make rangoli for navratri.
- In western states such as in Gujarat, people celebrate it by performing navratri garba and playing Dandiya. Garba is one of the famous folk dances of Navratri.
Navratri 2020: As we already know, this festival (with all the rituals) is celebrated to honor Goddess Durga and the incarnation of Lord Vishnu i.e. Lord Rama. But the question arises that: Is worshipping Tridev Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, and goddess Durga mentioned in our Holy Scriptures? The answer to this question is NO.
Nowadays people seem to be ignoring what is written in our Holy Scriptures just because the priests and fake gurus at present are misleading people and made a source of income out of them in the best way they can. Accordingly, recognizing The Supreme God who is worthy of being worshipped that too regardless of the occasions so that we can achieve salvation is the actual significance of this human life. Kabir Saheb says:-
Manush janam paye kar jo nahi rate Hari Naam |
Jaise kuua jal bina fir banwaya kya kaam ||
Neither goddess Durga nor the Tridev can help us achieve salvation because they themselves are entrapped here in Kaal Lok in the cycle of birth and death like all of us. The souls of the Tridev too move into the 84 Lakh species of animals. Our Holy Scriptures clearly signify about The Supreme Invincible God but due to the depraved priest and sages that are originating around in huge numbers, this True Spiritual Knowledge or TATVGYAN wasn’t able to reach us.
As per Holy Shrimad Bhagwad Geeta, chapter 16:23-24, those worshippers who are doing worship opposite to the Holy Scriptures will neither attain salvation nor any worldly benefits and thus it is useless.
There are various sorts of rituals associated with festivals in Hindu mythology which are completely opposite to scriptures. These are mentioned below:-
- Navratri Vrat (fasting):– As per Holy Geeta, chapter 6:16, the devotion of those devotees is not successful who eat a lot or don’t eat at all (i.e. fasting or vrat) and those who sleep a lot, and those who don’t sleep at all. Hence any sort of fasting is forbidden.
- Idol Worship:- Holy Geeta, chapter 17:23 states that “OM-TAT-SAT” is the mantra for salvation to be revealed by a Tatvdarshi Saint (Truly Enlightened Saint). There has been no provision of Idol worship hence it is useless. Kabir Saheb says:-
Bed padhe par bhed na jane, Banche puran atharah|
Pathar ki puja kare, Bhule Sirjanhara||
- Navratri Katha:– Narration and listening of a Katha is only beneficial if it is being done by the true narrator himself. Currently, the practice is being performed by priests or sages who are not the true narrator. Hence it is useless. Saint Gareebdass Ji says:-
Kanthi mala sumarni, Pehre se kya hoye |
Upar dunda sadh ka, Andar rakhaya khoy ||
The Reality About Worship of God and Goddess in Our Holy Scriptures
Holy Scriptures in Hindu mythology clearly indicate that worship of Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, and Durga is useless and will not lead us to anything. They are themselves mortal and can only give us what is there in our destiny and expecting some benefits from them is far from reality and thus pointless. All those pious souls who met Supreme God and attained salvation with ease have mentioned the same as mentioned in our Holy Scriptures. Among these was Saint Gareebdas Ji (from Village Chhudani, District Jhajjar, Haryana) who mentioned the following in his God-Given knowledge:-
Chalsi Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, Chalsi Narad Sarad Shesha |
Eikees Bhramand Chalenge Bhai, Tab Tum Rahoge Kiski Sharanaayi ||
Proofs From Holy Scriptures
Now, we will give you a series of proof from our Holy Scriptures that will help you in understanding about the status of these gods, goddesses, and the Supreme God:-
- Firstly, in Holy Shrimad Bhagwad Devi Puran (published from Geeta Press Gorakhpur), chapter 5, 3rd skand, on Page 123, it is clearly stated that Rajoguna Brahma, Satoguna Vishnu and Tamoguna Shiv are the 3 sons of goddess Durga and are into the cycle of birth and death themselves. And perform their respective duties under goddess Durga by every means.
- Secondly, in Holy Shrimad Bhagwad Devi Puran (published from Geeta Press Gorakhpur), chapter 36, 7th skand, Page no 562-563, Goddess Durga is telling Himalaya king to reject her worship and worship Brahm (father of Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh) by chanting Om Mantra ( Holy Geeta chapter 8:13). This Brahm is the narrator of Holy Geeta (Holy Geeta chapter 11:32) and Holy Vedas and is also the husband of goddess Durga as per Holy Geeta chapter 14:3-14:5. He is also being referred to as Kaal, Jyoti Niranjan, and Kshar Purush.
- Now, Brahm is telling Arjun that I am also into the cycle of birth and death i.e. perishable ( Holy Geeta chapter 2:12, chapter 4:5 and 4:9, chapter 10:2). And in chapter 18:62, he tells Arjun to go in the refuge of some other Supreme God (Imperishable God) who can make us attain the eternal place and can make us become immortal.
Along with this, the worshippers of Tridev are regarded as demons in the form of humans as per Holy Geeta chapter 7:12-15. From the above set of proofs, it is evident that Holy Geeta is also pointing towards Supreme God who can help us attain salvation. Kabir Saheb also says:-
Maya or brahm kaal aru, Raj sat tam hai tridev |
In sabhi ko chodkar karo, Neeh Akshar ki Sev ||
Who Is the Supreme God and How Can We Attain Salvation?
The prime objective of human life is to worship The Almighty who is the Father of all the souls and has created the entire universe as revealed by our Holy Scriptures, by worshipping whom, one can get completely liberated from the brutal cycle of birth and death into 84 lakh species and can achieve salvation and thus move to the eternal place Satyalok.
Lord Kabir or Kabir Saheb is that Everlasting God who is worthy of being worshipped and being remembered at the time of crisis. He is the One who can end all our karmic debts and help us attain salvation. That is the reason why He comes in all the four ages so as to expose the false religious sects and leaders and reveal the TATVGYAN (True Spiritual Knowledge). By this, He depicts His Actual Identity and does a divine play in the Form of a Satguru or a Tatvdarshi Saint (Holy Geeta chapter 4:34). The same is revealed in His verses:-
Jaati Humari Jagatguru, Parmeshwar hai Panth | Garibdass likhat pade, Mera Naam Niranjan Kant ||
Ae swami Srishta Main, Srishti Mere teer | Dass Garib adhar basu, Avigat Sat Kabir ||
Gota maru swarg mein, Jaa paithu patal | Garib Das dhundat firu, Hire manik lal ||
Kabir Saheb is the only Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, Indestructible God mentioned in our Holy Scriptures irrespective of all the religions which firmly prove that He is the only God.
- He is mentioned in Holy Geeta chapter 2:17, 7:29, 8:1, 8:3, 8:8-10, 15:4, 15:17, 18:62,64,66 with the name as Param Akshar Purush and Kavir Dev.
- And in Holy RigVeda, Mandal no 9: Sukt 1 Mantra 1-9, Sukt 20 Mantra 1, Sukt 86 Mantra 26-27, Sukt 94 Mantra 1, Sukt 96 Mantra 16-20 and in Holy YajurVeda in Chapter 29 Verse 25 and in various other verses, Lord Kabir is mentioned as Kavir Dev.
Attainment of salvation can only be possible by doing devotion as per our Holy Scriptures in accordance with Holy Geeta Ji chapter 17:23 ( OM-TAT-SAT) in which Tat and Sat are indicative words, actual words are to be revealed by a Tatvadarshi Saint ( Holy Geeta chapter 4:34) along with their method of recitation who can help us attain salvation.
Who Is the Tatvadarshi Saint That Can Help Us Attain Salvation?
Currently, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj who is the only Tatvadarshi Saint present and is also giving the recitation of mantras in accordance with the Holy Scriptures. He is the only one who is successful in explaining the meaning of Holy Geeta Ji chapter 15:1-4 in relevance to the creation of the universe and also to the identity of a Tatvadarshi Saint. As per Holy Geeta Ji, we should take refuge under a Tatvadarshi saint for the attainment of salvation. Kabir Saheb also says:-
Kabir, Guru bin mala ferte, Guru bin dete dan |
Guru bin dono nishfal hain, Chahe pucho ved puran ||
To attain true worship and know how to attain true Almighty, kindly listen to the Spiritual Discourses of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. To take initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj please click here to fill the initiation form. One Can also download the Sacred Book Gyan Ganga for more information.