Last Updated on 12 January 2023, 4:41 PM IST: National Youth Day 2023: National Youth Day is commemorated on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. National Youth Day (Yuva Diwas) or Vivekananda Jayanti is celebrated on 12th of January every year. The 26th National Youth Festival is being organized at Hubballi- Dharwad, Karnataka by the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports in collaboration with the Government of Karnataka from 12th-16th January. Read the whole article to learn the National Youth Day 2023 theme, significance, schedule of events in India.
National Youth Day 2023: Highlights
- National Youth Day is observed on the 12th of January, which is also known as Vivekananda Jayanti and Yuva Diwas.
- Swami Vivekananda’s birth anniversary was declared National Youth Day by the Government of India in 1984.
- The 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda will be commemorated with a five day long National Youth Festival.
- This year’s National Youth Day 2023 theme is ‘Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat’.
- Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is the only real spiritual inspiration leader for the youth in the entire world at present.
National Youth Day 2023: Date
India celebrates National Youth Day on January 12 every year . The day’s celebration marks the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. He was one of the inspiring leaders in Indian history. The Government of India declared this day as National Youth Day in 1984. The nation has been observing it every year since 1985. Swami Vivekananda’s teachings and quotes have always inspired the youth of India.
National Youth Day 2023 Theme
This year’s theme is ‘Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat’. On the occasion of National Youth Day, the Government of India selects a new theme each year. The theme is selected based on the nation’s prevailing and appropriate situation. Youth Day is made more vivid and momentous by embodying a theme. It contributes to the consolidation of the nation’s youth.
This year’s theme of the National Youth Day focuses on the importance of the Youth in the development of the country. National Youth Day highlights the various cultures of India and the togetherness among the cultures which incorporates them into a unified thread of “Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat ”.
The Five-Day-Long National Youth Day 2023 Festival
PM Modi kicked off a five-day festival commemorating the 26th National Youth Day starting from the 12th of January. The festival’s goal is to strengthen the nation’s unity by increasing bonding between the country’s diverse cultures. The 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda will be commemorated with a National Youth Festival.
The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports in partnership with the Government of Karnataka organizes a five-day National Youth Festival in Hubballi – Dharwad of the southern state of Karnataka. More than 30,000 youths will witness the National Youth Festival. In this five day special event, 7500 delegates from across the country will indulge in different learning activities.
National Youth Day 2023: Green Youth Festival
This year the National Youth Festival will be celebrated as the Green Youth Festival. This highlights the use of biodegradable materials. Only re-usable cutlery, napkins etc will be used in the festival. All of the mementos, medals, and stationery will also reusable. Water refilling stations are set up to reduce the use of disposables. Union Minister Anurag Thakur stated that the focus will be on Prime Minister’s Mission Life and Green Energy.
National Youth Day 2023: Celebration
Every year on January 12, schools and colleges across India celebrate National Youth Day with processions, speeches, music, youth conventions, seminars, Yoga Asanas, presentations, essay-writing, recitations, and sports. Swami Vivekananda’s writings and lectures were enlightened by his Master Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa. These served as a source of inspiration for many youth organizations, study circles, and service projects involving youth.
Read in Hindi: National Youth Day (Hindi): राष्ट्रीय युवा दिवस पर जानिए युवाओं के विकास का सच्चा मार्ग
Swami Vivekananda’s birthday is on Pausha Krishna Saptami tithi, which falls on different dates in the English Calendar each year, according to the Indian Almanac Vishuddha Siddhanta. This is celebrated in various Ramakrishna Math and Mission centers in a traditional Hindu manner.
National Youth Day 2023: Significance
It motivates young people. Vivekananda’s life and teachings are a source of great inspiration for young minds. India also celebrates Swami Vivekananda’s birthday and memorizes his precious contribution to the nation. It’s an eventful day. On this day, debates, speeches, rallies, seminars, and a variety of other activities take place in schools, colleges, and local youth clubs.
Swami Vivekanand’s revolutionary ideas are still recited by students. Swami Vivekanand devoted his life to directing the strength of youth for the service of the nation. He wished for the youth to recognize their potential and to express their views. His goal was to inspire young people to the point where they could stand with the British, face the atrocities, and achieve independence.
He acknowledged that if an individual dares to glimpse beyond what is, he can accomplish nearly anything.
National Youth Day: History
National Youth Day commemorates Swami Vivekanand’s birth anniversary. Everyone in the world was horrified by his admirable speeches delivered abroad. His objective was to direct young people’s strength and ability into substantial ideas. To honor his contributions, National Youth Day has been celebrated in India for the past 38 years.
Swami Vivekananda’s Brief Life History
Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in a Kayastha family. He was the sixth child of his parents. The childhood name of Swami Vivekananda was Narendra Dutt. In 1882, in Dakshineswar Kali temple, he considered Sri RamaKrishna Paramahansa as his spiritual teacher (Guru). On 1 May 1893 he founded the Ramakrishna Mission. Swami Vivekananda, a rich intellect, could memorize a book of hundreds of pages only after reading it once. He did L.L.B. but still, his spiritual knowledge remained incomplete without a complete Satguru.
Quotes on National Youth Day 2023
- “Act on the educated young men, bring them together, and organise them. Great things can be done by great sacrifices only. No selfishness, no name, no fame, yours or mine, nor my Master’s even! Work, work the idea, the plan..!”
- “Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise you may miss meeting an intelligent person in this world.”
- “Learn everything that is good from others, but bring it in, and in your own way adsorb it; do not become others.”
- “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, every part of your body be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone.”
- “Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.”
- “The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them.”
- “The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him – that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.”
- “God is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life”.
Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj Strengthens the Youth
Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji is a True Social Reformer and a Saint. Sant Rampalji Maharaj ji who provides true spiritual knowledge in accordance with the holy scriptures, is strengthening the Youth of Day. Sant Rampalji Maharaj ji is struggling day in and out to provide a true way of worship and complete salvation to all the people in the entire world. Below are some beliefs of Complete Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- Awareness in collaboration with implementation with respect to moral values is required by the globe to build up a good youth and is currently being demonstrated by only Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- Youth can do miracles if it’s equipped with true spiritual and social knowledge as given by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- Youth can be uplifted if their basis of growth is True Spiritual Knowledge as given by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- The development and progress of a society and country is mainly contributed by the youth which is empowered by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- The power of youth is hidden behind the curses like drug abuse, intoxication, dowry. Greed and need is to be properly extracted by enactment of True Spiritual Knowledge by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj at all required places.
- If you want to uplift a country, uplift its youth, the country will automatically follow.
- True spiritual knowledge keeps one away from worldly matter and hence always youth.
- Use your youth so that you may have comfort in your life by knowing the reality of life to attain Salvation
- Youths are the most valuable resource, knowledge is the most valuable raw material, and success is the most valuable outcome.
- Aspire to inspire, before we expire by taking the refuge of a true Saint.
How Swami Vivekananda Died?
By following the way of worship against that of holy scriptures, he worshiped Kali Mata and Shri Krishna his entire life and hence was deprived of accomplishing the sole purpose of human life–attainment of complete salvation. Later, in the year 1902, due to an incurable disease, at the young age of 39, he died. His Guru Ji Shri Ram Krishna Paramhans Ji also died due to throat cancer.
Shri Ram Krishna Paramhans ji was the ultimate devotee of Kali Devi. Along with this, he also used to worship Rama and Krishna. Swami Vivekananda ji also used to do the same devotion as told by his Guru ji. Both died due to disease. By being deprived of the True Way of Worship, the human life of both of them went in vain.
Who Is the Real Spiritual Leader at Present?
At present, only Jagatguru Tatvdarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is enlightened with complete spiritual knowledge. Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is empowering the youth by spreading true spiritual knowledge which not only makes their life successful but also encourages the society to see beyond the common. The real empowerment of the youth and society is only possible in the refuge of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. Readers can know all about it on the Saint RampalJi Maharaj Mobile App, which is available on Google Play Store.
FAQS About National Youth Day 2023
Answer: 12th of January is widely celebrated as the National Youth Day in India. This day marks the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
Answer: National Youth Day is celebrated widely on January 12 to spread awareness, and highlight the issues faced by the Youth.
Answer: The Government of India declared the birthday of Swami Vivekananda as the National Youth Day in 1984.
Answer: Swami Vivekananda is well known for his contributions to social reform, philosophy, spirituality, and youth leadership.
Answer: This year, 12th January 2023, will be celebrated as the 160th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.