Lockdown 5.0 News Update: Today we shall see from May 31 onwards Lockdown Expansion will take place and what will happen in Lockdown 5.0. India continues facing coronavirus pandemic rising Covid-19 cases. The government gave relaxation in each extension gradually till Lockdown 4.0 and may further relax through state governments.
Lockdown 5.0: Freedom with care?
The sudden strike of the Covid-19 pandemic made India take some strong decisions for the security of the community. The first phase started on 24 March at midnight. But four lockdowns could not help to flatten the curve. People have been locked down inside their home for months now. Lockdown 4.0 is going to complete on 31st May and lockdown 5.0 will be reinstated which is anticipated with some more relaxations.
- Relaxation may be added in Gyms, places of worship but the decision will be in hands of local authorities.
- Lockdown may continue focusing on 11 cities with 70% of India’s cases till the 15th of June.
- Restrictions to be continued on international flights and educational institutions.
- The decision over reopening eateries can be left with the state government.
- Centre has invited suggestions from states on lockdown 5.0.
- Railway and domestic flights are on and Delhi metro is likely to resume.
Covid-19 Pandemic prevails
India is adding more than 6000 positive cases every day. It is seen that people are breaking lockdown rules very often as their survival is at stake. Hundreds of people are losing their lives every day which keeps the death meter busy. The government has not provided any working solution to it and has always answered with an extension to the lockdown.
Home Minister Amit Shah met MHA senior officials
In the past, the issue was discussed by Home Minister Amit Shah in a meeting before the lockdown was announced last week. The meeting envisaged resuming service to Delhi Metro. The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry are contemplating that the Metro service is restarted before the lockdown 4.0 period ends.
Lockdown 5.0 News: What to expect on Lockdown 5.0?
- Lockdown 5.0 starting from June 1st is expected to focus on the 11 cities which include Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Pune, Delhi, Bengaluru, Indore, Thane, Chennai, Kolkata, and Surat which together account 70℅ of the total 1.51 lakh cases in the country. Easing of perimeters within the containment zones is expected along with some liberty during the day.
- Liberation in Orange and Green zones is expected with certain conditions but no event including mass congregations, fairs, and festivals would be allowed. Re-opening of Gyms, Malls, Cinema halls, swimming pools, and dine-in restaurants might happen in Green zones if the Centre provides the authority to states.
- Karnataka CM, B S Yeddyurappa is already in favor of reopening religious places.
- States shall be given more authority this time but shall not be allowed to decide on the opening of Schools and Colleges. Handling of International flights from International Airports might remain in the authority of the Centre.
It is expected that PM Modi will speak about it during the 65th episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on the last day of lockdown that is 31st of May, Sunday. He shall address the nation about the guidelines during lockdown 5.0