India China Latest News Update: What is the Chronology of Current Standoff?
India China Latest News Update: The standoff between Chinese and Indian troops has been continuing in several areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh and other borders for the last three and a half months. India has been insisting that China will have to remove its Army from these areas. Know in detail the whole issue and spiritual solution thereof.
India China Latest News Update Highlights
- China and India have a prolonged record of dispute alongside their 3,488 kilometers (2167 miles)
- The current “Line of Actual Control” keeps on shifting and has no confirmed demarcation.
- The faceoffs and skirmishes happen regularly between Chinese and Indian troops at the border
- In June, violent clash in Galwan Valley at eastern Ladakh claimed the life of 20 Indian soldiers
- The Indian Army has foiled the infiltration of 500 Chinese troops on August 29
- A high-altitude place occupied by Indian Army soldiers at the southern shore of the Pangong lake near Thakung on the night of 29-30 August
- The solution of all disputes lies in Eternal Devotion prescribed by The Absolute Kabir Saheb
What is the China India Border Dispute?
China and India have a prolonged record of dispute alongside their 3,488 kilometers (2167 miles) un-delineated border that starts from the 1962 war and ongoing military standoff. India blames China for occupying 38,000 sq km (15,000 square miles) of its territory in the Aksai Chin Plateau in the Himalayas.
The current “Line of Actual Control” keeps on shifting and has no confirmed demarcation. The border between the two countries had drawn up before India’s independence in 1947. Since then, there have been five agreements and several rounds of talks.
When did the Major Faceoffs happen in Last Decade?
The faceoffs and skirmishes happen regularly between Chinese and Indian troops at the border. A 21-day deadlock took place at the Daulat Beg Oldie sector in eastern Ladakh in 2013. During the visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping to India in September 2014, a 16-day confrontation took place in the Chumar sector of Ladakh. In 2017, a 73-day tense standoff took place when Chinese troops started constructing a road in the Doklam region of Bhutan. The readers will know that for security, Bhutan depends on the Indian Army.
What is the Chronology of Current Standoff?
The standoff between Chinese and Indian troops has been continuing in several areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh for the last three and a half months. India has been insisting that China will have to remove its Army from the areas between fingers 4 and 8.
Recently between May 5, 2020, and August 31, 2020, the Chinese PLA and Indian Army have engaged in aggressive faceoffs and skirmishes at various disputed locations along the China-Indian border. The Main debated positions were in the Pangong Lake in Ladakh and the Tibet Autonomous Region, and near the border between Sikkim and the Tibet Autonomous Region and eastern Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Chinese and Indian troops exchanged blows at Pangong Tso in Ladakh on 5-6 May. The dispute increased in late May when Chinese forces objected to the construction of an Indian road in the Galwan River valley.
Violent Clash in Galwan Valley in June 2020
It may be recalled that in the middle of June, there was a violent clash in Galwan Valley at eastern Ladakh claimed the life of 20 Indian soldiers. A US intelligence report said that the clash on June 15-16 claimed 35 Chinese soldiers. On July 30, disengagement remained incomplete at Pangong Tso and P.P. 17A Gogra.
On July 30, the Chinese Ambassador to India said the process of clarifying the LAC could not continue because unilateral delimitations of the LAC cause more disputes. On July 31, the Indian Army reported enhancing deployment of troops even through winter if the disengagement process is not complete.
India reinforced the region with 12,000 additional workers to assist India’s Border Roads Organization in completing the development of Indian infrastructure along the China-Indian border.
India China Latest News Updates: Why is Standoff on August 29-30?
There has been a clash between the troops of China and India once again. It is reported that the conflict took place near The Pangong Tso Lake on the night of August 29. The Indian government has said that its Army has foiled the infiltration of 500 Chinese troops. Sources said the movement of people on the Srinagar-Leh highway had been stopped due to tension on the LAC. Only the army vehicles and the people who go for necessary works have been exempted.
■ Also Read: India China News Today: Is China ready for war?
The People’s Liberation Army Air Force of China (PLAF) has deployed J-20 fifth-generation fighter aircraft at Hotan airbase near Ladakh. It is reported that the aircraft was deployed before the night of the skirmish.
India China Latest News: Chinese Troops did not Cross-Border
The Chinese Foreign Ministry issued its statement on the skirmish on the banks of the Pangong Tso Lake in Ladakh, saying, Chinese troops have always strictly adhered to the line of actual control (LAC) and have never crossed the line. The troops at the border have been interacting with each other on the issues of the region.
No Physical Clashes between Troops of the Two Countries
Indian army sources said there had been no physical clash between Indian and Chinese troops along the Pangong Tso Lake in eastern Ladakh.
Indian Army captured High Altitude near Pangong Lake
According to sources, the southern shore of the Pangong lake near Thakung a high-altitude place is occupied by Indian Army soldiers, including a special Operation Battalion. The area was lying dormant, and the occupied side could have a strategic advantage in controlling the lake and the surrounding southern coast.
India China Latest News Update: According to sources, a special operation battalion was recently sent to the area and shifted to the area on the night of 29-30 August and occupied the high-altitude place from where the Chinese soldiers were barely a few hundred meters away.
Thwarted Assertive Action by China at South Bank of Pangong Tso
The high-altitude place falls under Indian territory, but the Chinese also claim to be on their side. For the resolution of the case and stress, a Brigade Commander-level flag meeting was in progress at Chushul to resolve the issues. In an escalation of the ongoing standoff on the border in Ladakh, Chinese troops carried out aggressive moves on the night of August 29 to change the status. Chinese military says it demands India to withdraw its forces from the China-India border to avoid tensions.
What is the Cause of Current Scenario?
The current clash situation is the deadliest since 1975 since China feels the following reason:
- India’s unilateral move to repeal Article 370 of the Indian constitution, a measure of autonomy to the former Jammu and Kashmir state and the disputed areas in Ladakh region
- It might also a result of China’s pushback against India’s recent construction of infrastructure in border areas. China sees a threat to its interests in the region due to India’s 255km (158-mile) Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldie (DSDBO) road project, built along the LAC, last year.
- China’s economic corridor to Pakistan and Central Asia passes through the Karakoram, and Chinese controlled Aksai Chin Plateau but claimed by India are close to the disputed site Galwan Valley.
- For China’s access to Central Asia and CPEC project with Pakistan, the Ladakh region is essential.
- India’s tilt towards the United States amid growing US-China tensions.
- India had claimed for Gilgit-Baltistan.
- India is in a challenging position to China in the Asian region.
Why Indians became Attentive?
- The Chinese have significantly expanded their infrastructure in the disputed border territories and are progressing to do so.
- China was growing boldness over the South China Sea.
- Political and economic conflicts within China due to Covid-19 pandemic
What Steps were Initiated by the Indian Side?
However, China and India have affirmed that there are adequate bilateral mechanisms to solve the situation through quiet diplomacy.
- The Indian government took various types of action on the economic face such as cancellation and additional scrutiny of specific contracts with Chinese multinationals
- The Indian government took steps to stop the entry of the Chinese into strategic markets in India, including the telecom sector.
The Skirmishes between China and India are Quite Old, Why Sudden Aggression Now?
- Coronavirus outbreak: The whole world suspects China is behind the coronavirus outbreak, and few countries like Japan, Indonesia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and Canada and India have raised voice for an independent investigation. China might have taken this rigid posture to divert attention.
- The downfall of the economy: This could be a contributory cause of aggression towards India that China is twisting internal issues into international threats for its citizens.
- Border issue is raised to pressurize India: It could be a tactic of China to pressurize India to remain trade-friendly. The ongoing problems of claim on territories like the Indian province Arunachal Pradesh.
- The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC): India’s tough stand on Chinese support to Pakistan and the development of The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is also a trigger to the situation.
- Chinese backing to state-sponsored terror emanating from Pakistan is also an issue
- China does not support India’s quest to be a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council.
- China is a barrier to India’s entry in Nuclear Suppliers’ Group (NSG), a body that regulates global nuclear commerce.
What is the solution?
The solution does not lie with the resolution of the border dispute. The problem is with the intension fabricated in the minds of people by Kaal Brahm and Maya. The answer is by adopting an Eternal Devotion prescribed by The Absolute Kabir Saheb and taking name initiation from the enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj can abolish all sinful deeds and devotees can achieve everyday joys and salvation. Visit Satlok Ashram YouTube Channel.
S A NEWS