On Monday Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau alleged a possible link between the Indian Government and the killing of Pro Khalistani leader Hardeep Singh Nijjar. This statement was dismissed by the Ministry of External Affairs of India in full respect. And they have urged the Canadian Government to take action against Anti National activities happening in their nation.
India Canada Tensions: Highlights
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau alleged India of being involved in the murder of Hardeep Singh Nijjar.
- Hardeep Singh Nijjar was a pro Khalistani leader.
- India has dismissed their allegations and has urged them to investigate anti-national activities inside their nation.
- India Canada Trade relations are adversely affected due to this.
- Opposition parties in India have come in support of the ruling government.
- The Indian government has advised Indian nationals living in Canada to exercise utmost caution.
- After an Indian diplomat was expelled by the Canadian Government, India has also expelled a senior Canadian diplomat.
What is India Canada News?
- On Monday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau alleged the Indian Government of being actively involved in the murder of their Canadian citizen Hardeep Singh Nijjar.
- He further said that since the past few weeks Canadian agencies have been working to get potential links in this matter.
- The Indian Government completely refused the statement made by Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- After India’s rejection of the allegations, opposition parties in Canada have asked for the proof of the allegations to the Trudeau’s government. But they haven’t submitted anything yet.
Gangster Sukhdool Singh Gill Shot dead
Gangster and Khalistani supporter Sukhdool Singh Gill who fled from Punjab to Canada in 2017 was shot dead by unknown men in Winnipeg, Canada. He was among the list of 43 (at number 33) most wanted gangsters which was released on September 20th by NIA.
Who was Hardeep Singh Nijjar?
- Hardeep Singh Nijjar, 45, was an active leader of the Khalistani movement which demands creation of a separate and independent active nation called Khalistan that includes parts of Punjab’s state of India.
- He was born in Jalandhar, Punjab and moved to Canada in mid 1990s. He was married and had two sons. He worked as a plumber and became the president of the Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara, a temple in Surrey, in 2020.
- Before gaining entry to Canada, he made many unsuccessful attempts to gain access to the country.
- The Indian Government has declared him terrorist on multiple occasions after being accused of involvement in various violent activities.
- He was shot dead on June 18 by two masked men in front of the Sikh Gurudwara in Surrey, British Columbia.
Reaction of Indian and Canadian Government
- Soon after the statement of the Canadian Prime minister Justin Trudeau, his foreign ministry expelled a senior diplomat of India from Canada named Pavan Kumar Rai who was the head of Indian intelligence in Canada.
- In reply to this, India has also expelled a senior diplomat of Canada from India and has asked him to leave the country within 5 days.
- Justin Trudeau told reporters that he is not looking to provoke India or escalate tensions.
Government of India’s message to Citizens in Canada
- The Ministry of External Affairs has issued an advisory for Indian nationals and students in Canada.
- Indian nationals are advised to exercise utmost caution and remain vigilant amidst tensions between India and Canada relations.
- They have also advised nationals to avoid going to those places which are prone to any mishappenings.
- They have also suggested all the nationals to register with the High Commission of India in Ottawa or Consulates General of India in Toronto and Vancouver through their websites.
- Nationals can also register on MADAD portal madad.gov.in. This would enable the Indian government to connect to people in case of any emergency.
Reaction of the Opposition parties in India
- The opposition and ruling party in India have been united in India for criticizing false allegations against India by Canadian Prime minister Justin Trudeau.
- Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) said these allegations are reasons of deep concern and should be taken seriously. Moreover they have asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to present all facts in front of the nation.
- State Congress President Amrinder Singh Raja Warring said and asked that it is very ridiculous that without any proof how can someone blame a nation over the killing?
- Former Chief minister of Punjab Captain Amrinder Singh said “Trudeau, unfortunately, walked into a trap owing to vote bank politics and put at stake the diplomatic relationship between India and Canada … It is an irrefutable fact that the Trudeau administration in Canada has given a free hand to anti-India forces in that country.”
- The Aam Aadmi Party has refused to comment on the matter and has been waiting for Prime Minister Modi to speak first on the issue.
Trade relations between India and Canada adversely affected
- This cold war and actions thereafter have pushed both the nations 20 years back in terms of trade.
- The Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between India and Canada has been put to hold after the statement of Canadian Prime minister Justin Trudeau.
Only True Spiritual Knowledge Can Establish Guaranteed Peace
The True Spiritual Knowledge given by Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj establishes peace amongst people. It is because of the fact that after getting aware about it, one gets to know that we people are stuck in this cage and only salvation is the way out. And in that process fighting over any of the issues appears to be small automatically.
We all people here are running after power and money but this will also make us end up getting trapped in the cage of birth and death. Instead we all should do true worship by taking it from Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj as He is the only Tatvdarshi Sant present. To know more read His sacred book Gyan Ganga or visit YouTube channel Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.