Know About Real Ideal Governance & How to Build Effective Governance on Good Governance Day 2020
In 2014, the Indian government announced to commemorate Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth anniversary on December 25 as the Good Governance Day every year. The Day aims to make citizens conscious of good governance, particularly accountability in government. The readers would know the ideal governance in the Eternal Abode – The Satlok.
Good Governance Day 2020: Highlights
- On Friday, December 25, the nation commemorates Good Governance Day
- The Day was founded in the year 2014 to honor Vajpayee
- It marks on India’s formers Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s the birth anniversary
- Aims to make citizens conscious of good governance and government’s accountability
- The Day reminds us good governance has no place for corruption in the government and society
- Indian government launched the ‘Good Governance Index’ in 2019
- Everyone has the right to live with happiness and dignity with an equal opportunity to grow
Why Is December 25 Marked as Good Governance Day in India?
On Friday, December 25, the nation commemorates India’s former Prime Minister and veteran Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth anniversary as Good Governance Day. The Day was launched in the year 2014 to honor Vajpayee as a mark of tribute towards India’s one of the most loved political leaders.
Indian Government Launched the ‘Good Governance Index’
In 2019, the Indian government introduced the ‘Good Governance Index’ at Good Governance Day. The Index is a standardized tool across the States to evaluate the Level of Governance and effect of various interventions taken up by the State Government and UTs. Tamil Nadu captured the top position for the good governance index in 2019. Maharashtra and Karnataka secured the second and the third ranks, respectively.
What Is the Aim and Objectives of Good Governance Day?
GGD aims to make citizens conscious of good governance, particularly accountability in government. Furthermore, the objectives of this Day’s celebration are as under:
- The citizens become aware of transparent and accountable administration by the government.
- Governance focuses on enhancing the welfare of the people
- Highly effective and accountable governance for the citizens by standardizing the government functioning
- Excellent and effective policies implementation to achieve a mission of good governance in the country
- Good governance enhances the growth and development of the country
- Citizens come closer to the government and actively participate in the fair governance process
How Is Good Governance Day Celebrated?
During Good Governance Day, the public countrywide rejoice by organizing various activities that boost good governance. The people become informed about the significance of good governance and ways to attain it through performing seminars, discussions, and conferences.
They learn from Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s statesmanship how he has run a coalition government with different ideological political parties. Under his able leadership, the nation excelled after the Pokharan Nuclear Test sanctions. He has presented a show of qualitative governance to create confidence in the citizens of varying interests.
What Is the History of Good Governance Day?
On December 23, 2014, the highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna, was conferred on Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya. The central government confirmed this award and simultaneously declared that the Good Governance Day celebration would mark Vajpayee’s birth anniversary on December 25. But the opposition, the Indian National Congress, criticized this suggestion as the Day falls precisely on Christmas Day.
What Are the Essential Considerations of Good Governance Day in India?
The following are the primary considerations to remember on this Day:
Make the Nation a Cordial and Prosperous Place
It is a worthy cause to realize this Day to make our country a better place to live for all. With effective leadership and economic development, people will flourish with inclusive growth. Therefore, everyone should promote the idea of fellow citizens’ participatory approach while celebrating the Day.
Effective Leadership for Good Governance
Good leadership forms a government that makes the right policies and creates a competitive, growth-oriented environment. It is possible by making a more robust democracy to navigate the system towards the country’s bright future.
Corruption Should Have No Place in a Growing Society
Good governance has no place for corruption in the government. It is the Day when the citizens and the leaders should take a pledge to eliminate the roots of corruption, so a free and fair atmosphere is developed for everyone to prosper and live with dignity.
Ideal Governance Exists in the Eternal Abode Satlok
The Supreme God Kavirdev (also called Kabir Saheb or Allahu Akbar) presents idealistic governance in the Eternal Abode – The Satlok. He is eternal (unchanging), the Supreme Father of all the souls. He is the real companion and Guru of loyal devotees who bestows true worship’s process according to the Holy Scriptures. He is the Creator of all the universes (brahmands), nature, and anything that one can imagine. He does justice and is compassionate towards all living beings. He promotes honest livelihood without any hypocrisy.
How to Reach the Eternal Abode (Satlok)?
Jagatguru Rampal Ji Maharaj is a True Spiritual Leader and an Avatar of the Supreme God Kabir Sahib Ji in the entire planet earth. He is a Spiritual Guru and social reformer, and founder of Satlok Ashram. Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj aims to let the people realize the true Almighty. More importantly, He teaches His disciples living free from vices and social evils like intoxication, meat consumption, uprooting of corruption, bribery, dowry system, removal of the caste system, and teaching humanity’s values in humankind through right Spiritual Knowledge.
How to Take Initiation (Naam Diksha) From Enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj?
The seekers must come in the refuge of the enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj to take Naam Diksha (Initiation). There are no initiation fees levied on the disciples. His Book “Jeene Ki Raah (Way of Living)” is worth keeping in every home and reading to remain happy while living on this planet or the other. The seeker will be saved from sins. The unrest in the house will end, and prosperity will prevail.
Good Governance Day 2020 Quotes
- “Good governance never depends upon laws but upon the personal qualities of those who govern” – Frank Herbert
- “Be the change you want to see” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development, and building good governance” – Kofi Annan
- “Corporate governance is concerned with holding the balance between economic and social goals” – Adrian Cadbury
- “No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world” – Desmond Tutu
S A NEWS