Want to know the details about the Aarogya Setu App? In this Article here, today we are sharing with you the information (Details) about the Aarogya Setu App, like what are the benefits/advantages of the App, and, what are the main features of the Aarogya Setu App, etc. This app was downloaded by 50 million users in 13 days. Here is the User Review & experience about this App
Aarogya Setu App: One-stop-App to fight COVID19
• The government has decided to extend the nationwide lockdown up to 3rd May: PM Modi
• Centre will closely monitor hotspots in states across India and added that those areas where there are no hotspots will get partial relief after April 20th: PM Modi
• Take special care of elders; Stay wherever you are till May 3: PM Modi
• Download the Arogya Setu Mobile App to help prevent the spread of corona infection. Inspire others to download the app as well: PM Modi
Lockdown 2.0 – Extended Lockdown
Indian Prime Minister in his address to the nation on April 14, 2020, declared the extension of the lockdown as Lockdown 2.0 in India until May 3, 2020, and requested to download the Arogya Setu Mobile App. He said:
- “India’s fight against the Corona global pandemic is moving ahead with great strength and steadfastness.
- It is only because of your restraint, penance and sacrifice that, India has so far been able to avert the harm caused by corona to a large extent.
- You have endured immense suffering to save your country, save your India….if we continue to be patient and follow rules, we will be able to defeat even a pandemic like Corona.
- With this faith and trust, I seek your support for 7 things in the end…Fourth thing –Download the Aarogya Setu App to help prevent the spread of corona infection. Inspire others to download the app as well.”
- Health and Family Welfare Ministry have urged all the citizens to download this app as this enables people to assess themselves the risk for their catching Coronavirus infection.
Who developed the Aarogya Setu App?
The government of India is trying to find all kind solutions to deal with Coronavirus pandemic. The government constituted a team of 20 experts to come up technological solutions. PM was directly guiding the team. The team in association with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology developed Aarogya Setu App. WHO and World Bank have appreciated this Initiative.
Aarogya Setu App Details & Advantage
This user-friendly App helps identifying people who came in close contact with a Covid-19 patient. It works on principle of set of complex radio signal Algorithm. This way it ensures swift quarantine procedure which otherwise is difficult as covid-19 infected person remains asymptomatic for few days and when infection surfaces it is difficult for him to remember people he met during these days.
World Bank praises Aarogya Setu app, says India has shown the way.https://t.co/nZFuW6oOzK
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) April 13, 2020
Aarogya App records 30 days data of every person who came in proximity to this infected person. The user of this App can analyze his health status at any time.
Aarogya Setu App Features, Reviews & Benefits
- World’s fastest mobile app with 50 million users in 13 days.
- Available on Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store.
- Uses location data.
- Point out people came in close proximity with COVID-19 positive.
- 11 million users downloaded the app on Tuesday after Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged people to download.
- Downloads surged @ 100,000 per minute.
- Overtook reality game ‘Pokémon GO’s’ record of 50 million downloads on Google Play in 19 days in 2016.
- Aarogya Setu requests for access to location at all times.
- The information includes age, gender, name, health status.
- Cellphone tracking may help but at the cost of loss of privacy.
Aarogya Setu New UI
■ The App has four sections:
- The Your Status section that tells one the risk one has of getting infecting with COVID-19.
- The Self Assess section where it asks questions for letting one know the risk of getting infected with COVID-19.
- The COVID Updates section gives overview on the local and international cases.
- The E-pass section is yet to come live.
University of Oxford says,
“It is possible to stop the epidemic” but approaching new approach “tapping into cellphone location data to track the spread of infection and warn people who may have been exposed.”
Few Asian countries have used mass surveillance of mobile phones contrary to privacy laws. It is said, China has relied to understand citizens health status and restrict movements. United States and few European counties are applying less invasive ways through mobile app. The countries look forward developing tools to collect and share data without interfering in privacy laws.
The ethicists oppose to such mobile based Covid-19 Apps in fear of exploitation of data for an abuse. They advise the governments to find out ways to value privacy with collection of data that would save millions of lives. Due to such constraints Germany and Italy mobile operators started sharing an aggregated data to learn general trends about spread risks of infection.
Video Credit: PIB India
Singapore authorities preferred to roll out own contact tracing app.
• “False positives and false negatives have real-life (and death) consequences.” Jason Bay, Singapore Government Services senior director
Advance coronavirus trackers
Many institutions are working on development of privacy conscious phone tracking systems. MIT has come out with an App known as “Private Kit: Safe Paths” that records every 5 minutes GPS location data saved up-to 28 days. Harvard university and Mayo Clinic may come up with an App that will compare recent location of the user with path of Covid-19 patient without disclosing age, sex or geographical motion.
Germany may come out with a different App that relies on user’s Google stored location data. Covid-19 positive patient could declare location history on the App known as GeoHealth. Master server would anonymize data and store for reference. World leader like Apple and Google are making endeavor to help health authorities to track pandemic.