Last Updated on 05 October 2022, 2:15 PM IST | World Teachers’ Day 2022: The day presents the chance to applaud the teaching profession worldwide, take stock of successes, and attract attention to teachers’ voices, who always try hard to attain the global education target of leaving no one behind.
World Teachers’ Day 2022 Highlights
- World Teachers’ Day, is known as International Teachers’ Day and Teachers’ Day
- Commemorated to respect teachers and teacher organizations
- To take stock of successes and attract attention to teachers’ voices
- “The transformation of education begins with teachers” is the theme for 2022
- The Supreme Kabir Saheb and His Incarnation Enlightened Saint Rampal Ji are the Perfect Master (Satguru)
- On World Teachers’ Day, the humans should realize the Divine Truth from Perfect Master
What Is World Teachers’ Day?
World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers’ Day and Teachers’ Day, commemorates teachers and teacher organizations for their crucial role in the education and advancement of forthcoming generations. The day presents the chance to applaud the teaching profession worldwide, take stock of successes, and attract attention to teachers’ voices, who always try hard to attain the global education target of leaving no one behind.
UN recognized the teachers as key to achieving the Education 2030 agenda by adopting the Sustainable Development Goal 4 on education, and the dedicated target SDG 4.c. World Teachers’ Day became an opportunity to gauge progress and suggest ways to respond to future challenges for promoting the teaching profession.
When Is World Teachers’ Day 2022?
Since October 5, 1994, World Teachers’ Day has been celebrated to honor the anniversary of the 1966 adoption of the ILO/UNESCO Recommendations concerning the Status of Teachers. To commemorate this day, UNESCO conducts a campaign every year to allow the world to better understand teachers and their impact on students’ development within society.
What Is the 2022 Year’s Theme and Its Rationale?
The theme of World Teachers’ Day 2022 is “the transformation of education begins with teachers.”
UNESCO, ILO and Education International issued a joint message, “Today, on World Teachers’ Day, we celebrate the critical role of teachers in transforming learners’ potential by ensuring they have the tools they need to take responsibility for themselves, for others and for the planet. We call on countries to ensure that teachers are trusted and recognised as knowledge producers, reflective practitioners, and policy partners,”
UNESCO has tweeted to remind the urgent need of nearly 69 million teachers to reach quality education for all by 2030. Without them, it is impossible to imagine the desired outcome. The time to act & Invest in teachers is now.
According to Unesco, a series of global and regional events will be held this year to highlight the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the teaching profession, highlight effective and promising policy responses, and establish the steps that must be taken to ensure that teaching personnel develop to their full potential.
It is critical to explore the teachers’ leadership and expedite the teachers’ contribution to provide remote learning, reopen schools, support vulnerable masses, and mitigate learning gaps. World Teachers’ Day is the chance to discuss teachers’ role in building resilience and shaping the future of education and the teaching profession.
How Is World Teachers’ Day Celebrated?
Every year, UNESCO and Education International (EI) launch a campaign to commemorate World Teachers’ Day. They collaborate with the private sector and several media organizations to educate the world about teachers and the role they play in society’s development.
According to a joint statement issued by Unesco, ILO, Unicef, and Education International, “We are not only honoring all teachers on World Teachers’ Day. We are urging countries to invest in and prioritize them in global education recovery efforts so that every learner has access to a qualified and well-supported teacher. Let us support our teachers!”
History of World Teachers Day
On October 5, 1966, UNESCO and ILO organized a conference of governments in Paris to expand teachers’ status. UNESCO and ILO representatives agreed on the recommendation of the forum. The proposal described teachers’ rights, responsibilities, and various other aspects of the teaching profession worldwide.
On October 5, 1994, UNESCO established the first World Teacher’s Day. The purpose was to emphasize participation and development and highlight issues of teachers and priorities regarding education. The date of October 5 was marked to observe Teachers’ Day globally on the anniversary of the adoption of the 1966 ILO / UNESCO recommendation.
The governments realized the importance of qualified, competent, and motivated teachers. On November 11, 1997, during UNESCO’s 29th session, the proposal included teaching and research personnel in higher education.
World Teachers’ Day Quotes in English
- A Spiritual Teacher can guide mankind to attain salvation and eternal peace
- Teacher is like a candle, who burn himself and provide a us light
- Teachers are the ones who teach the art of living well
- A spiritual teacher will guide us how to worship the supreme Almighty
- A good teacher in any particular field is the key to success.
- Without teachers students’ lives are without any directions
- Teacher is that person, who feels proud when you achieve success.
- Teacher is like a Potter, who treats you to make you greater.
- A teacher who teaches the right way of living is the teacher indeed.
- Spiritual teacher is like a moon, who provides us light in the night.
- A real spiritual teacher makes a wonderful shift in life from material to eternal.
- Other professions won’t exist without a teacher
- A spiritual teacher is like a Sun, who finishes the darkness of your life, and makes your day live with luminosity.
Who Celebrates World Teachers’ Day Globally?
More than 100 nations observe World Teachers’ Day internationally. Education International, along with its 401 associations globally, perceive and celebrate World Teachers’ Day globally. There are several Professional organizations and Trade unions actively participating in organizing World Teacher’s Day across the globe; some are given below:
- The All India Secondary Teachers’ Federation
- The Australian Education Union
- The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario at Canada
- The Canadian Teachers’ Federation
- The Japan Teachers’ Union
- The Teachers Council at New Zealand
- The National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers at the United Kingdom
- The National Union of Teachers at the United Kingdom
- The National Education Association at the United States
Some Facts About World Teachers’ Day
To observe World Teachers’ Day, the best thing you can do is show gratitude by thanking your Guru or a teacher who made an impact on your life. While celebrating World Teachers Day, everyone should know the following interesting facts:
- According to UNESCO, a trained teacher has the prescribed qualifications and the minimum academic teacher training to teach at a related level
- October 5, 1994, observed the first World Teachers’ Day
- 100+ countries celebrate World Teachers’ Day; each state has its unique celebration
- World Teachers’ Day is to promote the teaching profession
- On average, primary school teachers spend 782 hours every year
- Teachers’ day is not a public holiday but a global overview
- The Teacher is one of the most trusted professions after doctors and nurses.
How Can I Mark World Teachers’ Day?
Countless questions surge into the mind: Who am I? Who made me? What am I supposed to do?
Who can answer all the questions? Only the one who made all these, The Supreme. According to the Holy Scriptures, Kabir Saheb is the Creator of all beings and all things. He and a Saint enlightened by Him are the Perfect Master (Satguru) who can unfold the original Abode’s mystery. The humans must go to the Enlightened Teacher Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj, to realize the Divine Truth. Read the Book the “Way of Living” and visit “Satlok Ashram YouTube Channel.”
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) About World Teachers’ Day 2022
World Teachers’ Day is celebrated on October 5 every year.
World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers’ Day, is celebrated to thank and honor teachers for their contributions to their students.
This year’s theme for World Teachers’ Day is “the transformation of education begins with teachers”.
■ Who ensures students’ academic success
■ Who acts as counselor for better understanding of subject matter
■ Helps in solving problems affecting students’ learning
■ Who guides mankind to attain salvation and eternal peace