World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: The day is celebrated to restore the lost state and to maintain a peaceful society. Every year the World Peace and Understanding Day is celebrated on 23 February. International leaders join hands to establish peace and prosperity for the entire humanity. On this Day, know the Great Social Reformer at present.
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Highlights
- Every year the World Peace and Understanding Day is celebrated on 23 February.
- Day is commemorated to bring about peace through the world devoid of violence.
- The distrust among the society leads to misunderstanding, rebellion, battles, and clashes.
- World Peace and Understanding Day is an important event to propagate a sense of togetherness.
- Day focuses on a wide range of issues that are important in human lives.
- Remember a great SatGuru who preaches, “Our race is living being, Humanity is our religion. Hindu Muslim Sikh Christian, there is no separate religion.”
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Background
World Peace and Understanding Day is commemorated to bring about peace through the world devoid of violence or brutalities. Creating peace and understanding is the shared effort of mankind. Reciprocal understanding can lead to peace in the society. It all needs to make collective effort within civilization. Each human being must take responsibility for the supreme peace. When the whole world looks at each other with a sense of war, the consequence appears in the form of separation and destruction. The distrust among the society leads to misunderstanding, rebellion, battles, and clashes. The society must act as a cooperative of all human beings to create peace and confidence worldwide.
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Aim
World Peace and Understanding Day is an important event to observe to propagate a sense of togetherness and to value the significance of peaceful living. The day is commemorated to re-create the unity in broken society and preserve a peaceful dignity among groups.
The World Peace and Understanding Day reminds social beings to recognize the value and the importance of peaceful co-existence. The people from all walks of life globally come as one to honor the day. Another major significance of the Day is to celebrate the rotary meeting day that brings people to a point of respect for a massive Rotary association.
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Date
The World Peace and Understanding Day will be marked on February 23, 2022, like every year. The world community mentors and leaders will come together to bring about peace and affluence to the people. World Peace and Understanding Day 2022 memorializes 117 years of Rotary International.
World Peace and Understanding Day: History
On this Day in 1905, February 23, four professional friends named Silvester Schiele, Paul Harris, Gustavus Loehr, and Hiram Shorey met in a small town in Chicago, Illinois. The meeting set to become an official organization in the year 1922 became famous as the Rotary International or Rotary Club. The name arose from their rotation of gatherings at different locations. The four close friends founded the Rotary club. Later it proved to become a large philanthropic organization. The rotary club faced ban during World War II from 1944 and 1961 in Spain, Australia, Germany, Japan and Italy.
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Theme
The motto of World Peace and Understanding Day is “Service above Self”. The World Peace and Understanding Day is an opportunity to develop understanding among the society and to establish the role and responsibility of individuals to peaceful living. It is an occasion that recognizes the essence and the importance of life.
World Peace and Understanding Day: Significance
The World Peace and Understanding Day focuses on a wide range of issues that are important in human lives. To name a few are reading ability, schooling, monetary and social equilibrium, community advancement, poverty alleviation, public health and hygiene, prevention of diseases, guarantee of equal opportunity, mother-child wellbeing, dispute avoidance, harmony.
The World Peace and Understanding Day observance strengthens humanitarian undertakings for mutual growth and development. The World Peace and Understanding Day is the commemoration by people to become superior human beings for peoples’ all round growth.
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Milestones
- Rotary International is identified as a successful modern philanthropic organization globally.
- Rotary International has 1.2 million members in over 33,000 Rotary clubs worldwide.
- Rotary focuses on six philanthropic areas, Disease Prevention and Treatment, Water and Sanitation, Maternal and Child Health, Basic Education and Literacy, Economic and Community Development, and Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution.
- Introduced the Philippine poliomyelitis immunization effort in 1969.
- Rotary International launched Polio Plus in 1979.
- Rotary clubs worldwide asserted an outright eradication of polio disease “in their lifetimes.”
- Rotary clubs worldwide distributed billions of Polio vaccines to medical professionals.
- Polio cases reduced by 99.9% and over 2.5 billion children have been vaccinated.
- Bill Gates called Rotary as “modern philanthropic miracle.”
- The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation pledged $500 million to end Polio.
- As of today 3 countries report new cases of polio in the entire world.
World Peace and Understanding Day 2022: Quotes
“Whatever Rotary may mean to us, to the world it will be known by the results it achieves.” – Paul Harris
“Volunteers are unpaid not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.” – Anonymous
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy.
I awoke and saw that life was service.
I acted and behold, service was joy.” – Tagore
“Only a life lived in the service of others is worth living.” – Albert Einstein
“The most worthwhile thing is to try to put happiness into the lives of others.”
– Sir Robert Baden-Powell
“modern philanthropic miracle” – Bill Gates on Rotarians.
“It is true that the way to war is a well-paved highway and that the way to peace is still a wilderness,” Paul Harris in 1949.
World Peace and Understanding Day: How to Celebrate?
Rotaries utilize the month of February in architecting World Awareness, to plan extraordinary programs for weekly meetings and to participate in special activities to encourage “understanding and interest as essential to world peace.” In the globalized world there is a need to develop better understanding with neighbors even more important than ever. The 100-year Rotary effort to promote understanding and peace around the world has made a huge difference in many parts of the world.
- The occasion is an opportunity to learn how hundreds of thousands of people have benefited from Rotary programs around the world. It is to gain initial knowledge about projects and to develop Rotary relationships.
- Organize a variety of programs ranging from arranging international speakers to inviting young exchange students, international scholars, programs with former Group Study Exchange members, international discussion, inviting local community leaders, presenting entertainment with an international cultural or artistic theme.
- Invite someone from the international project team to come and talk to your team members.
- It is also a good month to start a Rotary Fellowship Exchange, a 3-H project or to promote support for PolioPlus and many other Rotary Foundation programs to help people in need around the world.
- Earth Awareness Month is a great opportunity for all Rotary members to pause, organize and promote the Fourth Avenue of Service.
- Rotary’s ongoing efforts to promote interest, peace and understanding among the people of the world. Thank you for making a difference around the world with your dedication and commitment.
Sant Rampal Ji’s Efforts Brought Significant Change
The celebration of The World Peace and Understanding Day 2022 will be purposeful if one learns about the contemporary Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj who has proved to be a boon to humanity.
- Get Rid of Intoxication by Taking Initiation: The individual listening to the discourses and taking Initiation from Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj, leads an intoxication-free life.
- Dowry Free Weddings Called Ramaini: To stop Dowry and female foeticide, Under the guidance of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj marriage (Ramaini) in 17 minutes takes place without any expenses being borne by the bride’s father.
- Disciples of Saint Rampal ji Maharaj are known to be righteous and never indulge in any give or take of bribery, adultery, and committing fraudulent activities.
- Blood Donation Camps: During these testing times of the pandemic, followers of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj donate blood for noble causes.
- Organ and Body Donation Camps: Organ’s donation camps and pledged to donate organs post death free of cost for the ones who would be in desperate need of them.
- Hypocrisy-free Society: Followers of Sant Rampal ji Maharaj refrain from any kind of quackery like indulging in celebration of festivities, offering prayers during final rites and other associated rituals.
- With His scripture-based way of worship, the followers of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj experience extraordinary miraculous benefits from God Kabir.
- Free Food to the Hungry: His followers arrange food for the hungry in the Ashrams of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. During the entire lockdown last year and this year food and shelter was provided to many who were stranded.
- Society Free from Vices: Follwing the spiritual knowledge given by Saint Rampal ji Maharaj, people are quitting their addiction to intoxicants, stopped taking bribes or corruption-oriented activities, do not indulge in adultery, and are turning Earth into Heaven.
How to Take Initiation From Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj?
The great SatGuru preaches, “Our race is living being, Humanity is our religion. Hindu Muslim Sikh Christian, there is no separate religion.” To take initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj please click here to fill the initiation form. One Can download the book Gyan Ganga for more information.