Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti is the day to observe the birth anniversary of one of the most renowned litterateurs who is none other than Rabindranath Tagore who is famously known as gurudev. His contributions to the field of Literature, Poems, Bengali music and towards the freedom struggle of the nation has been enormous. Let us know about him in great detail.
Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2022: Highlights
- Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti is the day to remember his contributions in the field of literature, poems, art etc.
- Every year his jayanti falls on the 25th day of the month of Boishakh as per the Bengali calendar.
- The day is celebrated as a cultural festival in Bengal with events organised on the works of Rabindranath Tagore.
- He is the one who wrote the National Anthem of India. And that is why it holds a key position in the eyes of the nation.
- His works into literature is the reason why he has been awarded with the Nobel Prize in the year 1913.
- While knowing about literature we should also be aware about the literature of True Spiritual Knowledge which can give our soul with salvation and complete the prime motive of our human life.
161st Birth Anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore
It is like a cultural festival which marks the birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore. It is celebrated with great joy and enthusiasm within people around the globe especially Bengali people. As Rabindranath Tagore is deeply settled into the hearts of all the Bengali people because of his literature, art, poems and songs hence this day is very vital for all the bengali community.
Along with that his works have made our nation proud throughout the entire globe. He also has made enormous contributions in the freedom struggle of the nation as well. He was a great painter, musician and playwright as well. After contributing so much to the nation he died in 1941. Countrymen observe his Jayanti to highlight his works and inspire the generation to uplift the contributions of literature in making our nation proud.
When Is Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2022?
Rabindranath Tagore was born on May 7, 1861 as per Gregorian calendar. But surprisingly his Jayanti does not fall on the same day every year. This is because his jayanti is celebrated on the 25th day of the month of Boishakh as per the Bengali calendar. And this day rarely matches with the date as in the Gregorian calendar. In the year 2022, the Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti will be observed on May 9. This date changes every year.
■ Also Read | Death Anniversary of Guru Rabindranath Tagore
Works & Achievements of Rabindranath Tagore
- Tagore was known for his Nobel Prize which was awarded to him in the year 1913. He became the first Non European who was given the Nobel prize for his esteemed collection of poems named Geentanjali.
- He was against the conventional method of teaching in closed classrooms rather he believed classrooms should be conducted in open fields under trees. For this he established Visva Bharati University in Santiniketan, West Bengal which was based on the same concept.
- After two years of receiving the highly esteemed Nobel Prize, he was awarded with knighthood in 1915. However he returned the title on May 31, 1919 to participate in the protest against the Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
- Rabindranath Tagore was the one who wrote the National Anthem of two nations India and Bangladesh as “Jana Gana Mann” and “Amar Shonar Bangla” respectively. The National Anthem of Sri Lanka is also deeply related to the concepts of Rabindranath Tagore.
- Tagore was a close friend of Mahatma Gandhi as well. Although they had a lot of points of disagreement about nationalism, economy, etc still they used to share a good bond with each other.
- At the age of 60 he took paint and brush and started making paintings. One should be amazed to know that he was able to produce masterpieces even at that age too.
How Is Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti Celebrated?
The day is celebrated with great joy in different parts of the state of West Bengal. These includes:
- The major part of the celebrations include carrying out cultural events in various educational institutions like schools, colleges and coaching centres by children of all age groups.
- Most of the homes in the state of West Bengal have been observed playing Rabindra’s music on this day as a part of his remembrance.
- Jorasanko Thakur Bari, the place of birth of Rabindranath Tagore is amongst the part of his celebrations.
- Event includes dance, drama, songs and reciting poems or stories based on Rabindranath’s works.
- At some educational institutions plays are organised by arranging characters from students in Rabindranath’s stories and are performed in front of the entire institution.
- On his 150th birth anniversary in the year 2011, the Government of India has issued a five rupee coin to mark the day.
Famous Quotes By Rabindranath Tagore
- “Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.”
- “Facts are many, but the truth is one.”
- “A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.”
- “Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.”
- “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.”
- “Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.”
- “Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.”
- “Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.”
- “The small wisdom is like water in a glass: clear, transparent, pure. The great wisdom is like the water in the sea: dark, mysterious, impenetrable.”
True Spiritual Knowledge Is the Biggest Literature
With the birth anniversary of one of the renowned litterateurs Rabindranath Tagore, let us make ourselves aware about the biggest literature of True Spiritual Knowledge or Tatvgyan. This True Spiritual Knowledge is the master key to understand that whether we are living here in our comfort zone or we are living in pain, we are entrapped here in the cycles of birth and death in different forms of life by Satan (Kaal Brahm).
To avoid the agony of being an animal into our next births we have this opportunity now with us. The basic purpose of this human life is to understand the prime motive of it to attain salvation. And further attaining it.
How to Attain Complete Salvation?
Understanding the prime motive of this human life comes with knowing the solution as well. All the Holy Scriptures have given us the indication to get into the refuge of a Tatvdarshi Saint to get to the Almighty God Kabir. As mentioned in Holy Geeta ji chapter 17 verse 23 about the mantras of salvation which will be given by a Tatvdarshi Sant as mentioned in Holy Geeta ji chapter 4 verse 34.
Currently, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana, India is the Tatvdarshi Saint who is standing tall on all the identifications of being a Tatvdarshi Saint. He is the Spiritual Gurudev for all of us. He has proved with the experiences of his devotees and proof from other Holy Scriptures that the mantras He is giving now are authentic. Hence one should not waste time because this human life is precious and won’t be given again and again. For more information read the book Gyan Ganga written by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.