Nuakhai Festival 2020: Nuakhai is a festival to express gratitude to parentage deities. But the bad times can be avoided only by Satbhakti. Nuakhai celebrations in Odisha will be affected due to restrictions for Covid-19. People celebrate the Nuakhai festival on August 23. The readers will know how True Devotion (Satbhakti) can avoid bad times.
Nuakhai Festival 2020 Highlights
- Indian states, Odisha, and Jharkhand celebrate Nuakhai festival widely
- Festival symbolizes gratefulness to parentage deities for plentiful crops
- This year, people celebrate the Nuakhai festival on August 23
- Nua means new, and Khai denotes to food, that is the celebration of New Food
- Nuakhai festival to remain affected by Coronavirus Pandemic
- The farmers should worship the Supreme God Kabir Saheb (Kavir Dev)
- Agriculturist should take Mantra initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj to avoid bad times
Nuakhai Festival 2020: What is Nuakhia Festival?
Nuakhai is an ancient festival widely celebrated in Indian states, Odisha and Jharkhand. It is the festival when people revere their parentage deities as a symbol of gratefulness for plentiful crops, decent rain, and satisfactory weather conditions for agricultural interests. The celebration of the festival is prominently among the farming population in western Odisha.
Nuakhai Festival 2020: When is Nuakhai celebrated?
Nuakhai is a festival celebrated in Odisha state. The agriculture community observes it on the next day of Ganesh Chaturthi. Nuakhai is a festival of farmers, also known as Nabanna. This time the Nuakhai celebration is on August 23. West Odisha people especially celebrate Nuakhai with great zeal.
What does Nuakhai mean?
Let us know an important aspect of the Nuakhai festival. Nua means new, and Khai denotes to food. Hence the whole meaning of Nuakhai is New Food. Therefore, the farming community pays thankfulness to God to suffice their needs.
Nuakhai Festival 2020: Here are pertinent things to learn about Nuakhai
- People of western parts of Odisha like Kalahandi, Sambalpur, Balangir, Bargarh, Sundargarh, and parts of Jharkhand celebrate with great fanfare.
- The festival is at the place since the Vedic era.
- The first record of its existence is from the 12th century.
- Nine primary colors and nine different customs linked to the Nuakhai festival.
- People start preparations for the festival 15 days in advance.
The COVID-19 outbreak has affected all aspects of life and so the Naukhai celebrations in Odisha. The government has applied certain restrictions for Covid-19. The administration has advised people to celebrate at home and to maintain social distancing and masked face. Coronavirus Pandemic has restricted many social and cultural activities. Many people will stay away from their native places and will not meet their relatives.
Is Nuakhai celebrated following Holy Scriptures?
People with great fervor celebrate the Nuakhai festival and worship their parentage deities to express gratefulness for bestowing them everything needed in flourished agriculture. The innocent people forget that these deities can not give more than what is assigned in their account by the past karmas.
The farmers must realize, many a time, the crop gets completely spoiled for excessive or untimely rains, hailstorm, or draught. The farmer is unable to recover his input cost invested in the crop cycle. Why this loss occurs? It occurs in the absence of the worship or due to poor luck.
Who is Supreme God?
Therefore, it is essential to realize that the farmers should worship the Supreme God Kabir Saheb (Kavir Dev). The community should come forward to change inappropriate practices. The people will be sure of good times always by accepting the devotion as prescribed in the holy scriptures such as Bhagavad Gita, Vedas, Purans. They should leave all their evils such as intoxication, non-vegetarianism, animal sacrifice, dowry, etc.
Agriculture community should take Mantra initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj
The farmers should take name initiation from the enlightened Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. They should perform the devotion according to the Saint’s advice and recite the Mantra (Satnam/ Saarnam). Like millions of present devotees, they will be able to abolish their past karmas and will lead to a sorrowless life.
They will also achieve salvation and after death, their human body will dwell in their original eternal abode Satlok. The seekers should listen to sermons of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj at “Satlok Ashram Youtube Channel” and read the book “Way of Living.”