National Farmer’s Day (Kisan Diwas 2021) is an annual observance celebrated in India so as to mark and honor the contributions of farmers in the growth and development of the nation. Farmers being the backbone of the nation, let us all know about the day in great detail.
National Farmer’s Day Highlights
- Every year 23rd December is observed as the Farmer’s Day throughout the nation.
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of former prime minister of the nation Choudhary Charan Singh.
- Because of the contributions of Choudhary Charan Singh in bringing up the status of farmers through his powers as prime minister, the day is dedicated to his birth anniversary.
- This time celebrations will be purely dedicated to the recent withdrawal of farm laws by the Government of India.
- The prime goal to be obtained from this human should also be known to every human being which is the attainment of salvation by worshiping Supreme God Kabir.
Why Is National Farmer’s Day Celebrated?
National Farmers Day or Kisan Diwas is the day marked every year to honor each and every farmer who is working continuously for the nation. Farmers are considered to be the backbone of the nation as without them none of us can survive. Agriculture is the basis for all our growth and consumption.
This day is also an every year reminder to the entire nation that after working so hard for all of us, farmers are not facilitated as they should be. Waking up to this we should try to do something for them as a return of their favor for working days and nights so that we people can eat well and live well.
Date of National Farmers Day
Every year the observance of farmer’s day happens to be on 23rd December marking the birth anniversary of fifth Prime Minister of the nation Choudhary Charan Singh.
History of National Farmers Day
As mentioned above the history of the day is related to the birth anniversary of the fifth Prime Minister of the nation Choudhary Charan Singh. He served the nation for a very short period from July 28, 1979 to January 14, 1980 but made marvelous contributions for the farmers in his short tenure. He introduced and implemented various schemes for the betterment of farmers and wrote several books highlighting the problems faced by the farmers of the nation along with giving the solution of the same.
He believed that actual India resides in the villages of the nation in the form of farmers and thus he followed the slogan ‘JAI JAWAN JAI KISAN‘. Government of India in 2001, marked 23rd December the birth anniversary of Choudhary Charan Singh as Kisan Diwas to be celebrated in the nation since then.
Contributions of Choudhary Charan Singh
National Farmer’s Day (Kisan Diwas 2021); Choudhary Charan Singh, fifth Prime Minister of the nation contributed immensely in the field of agriculture for the nation. He was the chief architect behind the land reforms enacted in Uttar Pradesh when he was the minister. Among his major works was the Debt Redemption Bill 1939 which brought a sigh of relief to the farmers and saved the lives of many farmers.
He also initiated the Land Holding Act in 1960 which maintained uniformity in the state of Uttar Pradesh in terms of Land Holdings. He has his roles in Zamindari Abolition Act 1950. Being from a middle class family and understanding the needs of the farmers, he worked selflessly for the betterment of farmers. He took his last breath on January 14, 1980. And so as to honor a memorial is built after his death in New Delhi at Raj Ghat with the name ‘Kisan Ghat’.
National Farmer’s Day 2021 (Kisan Diwas 2021) : Quotes
- Only a farmer is the one who works days and nights in every season tolerating the adversity of climate to serve the people of the nation.
- One cannot imagine India without farmers.
- Farmers are not only growing crops rather they are growing the nation.
- Farmers deserve respect more than any other individual in the nation.
- The roots of the nation lie in the villages of the nation.
- This human birth is given to achieve salvation because it is obtained after living the lives of 84 lakh species of animals.
Our Prime Goal
Speaking about the prime member of our nation, the farmers, we should also know the prime goal to be achieved from this human life. That goal is the attainment of Supreme God Kabir and salvation. With such growth in technology, people have turned into atheists. This is because we remained untouched with the method of worship to attain God. People are getting comforts from their destiny and they become satisfied with whatever worship they are doing and consider that as authentic but it is not so. The Correct way of worship is the only way to attain more than our destiny to attain happiness and salvation in one’s life.
Presently that worship to attain Supreme God Kabir (who is the creator of the universe and above any other God) is being given only by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana. With proofs and results given by Him it is very easy to believe that whatever He is giving is authentic. Rest is all fake around. To Know more read the sacred book Gyan Ganga.