Last Updated on 15 September 2023 IST: National Engineers Day 2023: Engineers Day is observed every year to mark and appreciate the contribution of engineers in the development of the nation and to the entire globe. The development began with engineers but contrary to this we have forgotten the one by whose grace mankind was engineered and the entire universe came into existence. Obviously, it was by the divine grace of the Biggest Engineer, The Supreme God Kabir. Because it seems to be hypothetical to everyone that Lord Kabir can be the Almighty Power, so along with acquiring the knowledge about Engineers day, let us know something about that Greatest Engineer by whose grace the human race came into existence.
National Engineers Day 2023 Key Points
- Engineers day is observed by various nations every year, but on different dates.
- In India, Engineers day is observed on September 15th annually.
- This year it is the 55th celebrations of the National Engineers Day
- The Day has been dedicated to Sir Visvesvaraya on his birth anniversary since 1968.
- Every year different institutions organize various cultural programmes on account of engineers day.
- Because the entire mankind and universe came into existence prior to all the engineers, hence Supreme God Kabir remains the Greatest and foremost engineer ever.
What Is National Engineers Day 2023?
Engineers Day, an annual event, the nation commemorates on September 15th. The nation devotes this day to the engineers for their contribution to the development of the country and for the entire globe. It is a national platform by which every Engineer big or small is honoured for their contributions in building up the nations in whatever field they are working. Because there was no such day observed before this one to bring into limelight the efforts made by engineers, hence the day stands complete and has its own importance.
When Is Engineers Day 2023?
Every year, Engineers’ Day is celebrated on 15th September. This year it is going to be the 54th celebration of Engineers Day.
History of Engineers Day
Engineers Day 2023: Surprisingly, World Engineer’s Day is not a typical date event. Nearly all the countries commemorate National Engineering Day, different from each other. World Engineering Day is celebrated globally on March 4.
- On September 15, the National Engineers Day in India is celebrated every year to commemorate a famous engineering personality Sir Moksha Gundam Visvesvaraya’s birth anniversary since 1968.
- On July 20, the Pan American Engineer’s Day celebration held at the nation of Costa Rica
- On March 10, Engineering students of Greece observe a special day attributed to them.
- February 19 to 25, Iran celebrates world engineer’s week.
- January 22 annually is celebrated as Israel Engineer’s Day.
- An entire week in February, Engineers week celebrations are dedicated to George Washington in the USA.
- On March 4, the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) observes World Engineering Day.
Celebrations and Activities on Engineers Day 2023
Engineers Day 2023: An incredibly significant national event, National Engineers Day is remembered mainly in the engineering and technology educational institutions. The Day motivates the engineering and technology students with the success story of Visvesvaraya. The students adorn the institution’s buildings and place a photo of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya with flowers and garland. However recognizing the first and the foremost engineer who has created the entire universe with His power of word Who is none other than Supreme God Kabir and this can be termed as the actual celebrations of this day.
The teachers, students, and staff members, in the presence of dignified guests, annually celebrate a function in the institute. They deliver speeches on Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya to inspire the students to work hard and achieve more in their respective careers. The institutes also organize the cultural program and several academic events. The students also organize debates and conferences on the theme of the day. The commemorations of the day focus on motivating students with the scopes of engineering and technology in the contemporary period so that most can be extracted out of their promising careers for the development of the nation and the globe.
Objectives and Significance of Engineers Day
On Engineers Day 2023, the nation dedicates the Day to the engineers in India and the globe. On this day, the nation remembers Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, the gem of India and a great engineer and statesman during the British India period. Sir Visvesvaraya has always dedicated himself to the growth of the nation and that’s why the nation remembers this great Indian national hero on this Day as his contribution for taking this nation to great heights has been enormous.
The National Engineers Day has its objectives to inspire Indian students, especially in the field of engineering, to re-set their goal in nation-building. The Day also marks the contributions of India in the engineering field through many Indian engineers working across the globe. The Day reminds them that they are doing many great jobs around the world. Because many of the world renowned engineers emerged from India, one such example is chief executive officer (CEO) of Alphabet Inc. and its subsidiary Google, Mr. Sundar Pichai. Hence this day is significant to the nation and to the citizens around the nation.
What is the Theme for National Engineers Day 2023?
National Engineers Day is commemorated with a new theme every year with charm and enthusiasm. But The theme for Engineers Day 2023 is “Engineering for a Sustainable Future“.. However, in 2021 Engineers Day theme was “Engineering for A Healthy Planet- Celebrating the UNESCO Engineering Report.” However the theme for 2020 was ‘Engineers for a Self-Reliant India.’ Every year the decided theme for the day is broadcasted via social media, promotional campaigns, cultural programmes, etc.
A Brief Biography of Sir M.Visvesvaraya
Engineers Day 2023: Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was born on September 15, 1860, in Muddenahalli village of Karnataka state in India. Having completed education from Bangalore’s Central College and earning a degree in engineering from Pune based College of Engineering, he began his career at the age of 25, serving in Nasik, Pune, and other places.
- He visited several foreign lands. He served as Diwan of Mysore from 1912 to 1918. He was known as ‘Father of Modern Mysore’ for transforming Karnataka into a model state.
- He constructed the prestigious and the biggest dam of Asia at that time, Krishna Raja Sagar Dam, working as the Chief Engineer of Mysore at that moment. He invented prominent engineering work such as the block system, floodgates, and automated doors for which he would be remembered forever.
- In the year 1911, he served the ‘Order of the Indian Empire’ in the pre independence era. He established the Government Engineering College of Bangalore in 1917. He remained on the Board of Directors of TATA Steels from 1927 to 1955. The Government of India conferred him with the highest prestige civilian award ‘Bharat Ratna’ in 1955.
- On April 14, 1962, the great statesman engineer left us at the age of 102. The government and the private bodies named many institutes and monuments such as Metro Stations, Engineering Institutes, and Museum as a mark to honor him in his name.
Who Has Engineered The Creation of This Entire Universe?
The entire universe and the entire human race has been made up of the five elements in nature. Obviously, these elements are being created by the Supreme God Kabir who Himself is the First, Foremost and the Greatest Engineer to have created this entire universe with all its complexity and simplicity by His power of word. And scientists keep on discovering things calling them their own (in the absence of True Spiritual Knowledge) from the things God Kabir created since the time universe came into existence. Saint Garibdasji from Haryana says:
Anant Koti Brahmand Ka Ek Rati Nahi Bhaar|
Satguru Purush Kabir Hai Kul Ke SirjanHar||
It may be quite a difficult task for the people to digest the fact that Kabir Saheb is the Supreme Power and has created the entire universe as He was recognized as a poet or weaver initially. Because we have always been told the knowledge about worship against our Holy Scriptures that’s why it is becoming difficult to believe this harsh reality but it is actually the TRUTH. It is already proved and our Holy Scriptures also testifies that He is indeed the Supreme Power. Some of them are listed below:
- In Holy RigVeda, Mandal no 9: Sukt 1 Mantra 1-9, Sukt 20 Mantra 1, Sukt 82 Mantra 1-2, Sukt 86 Mantra 26-27, Sukt 94 Mantra 1, Sukt 96 Mantra 16-20 and in Holy YajurVeda in Chapter 29 Verse 25 and in various other verses, Lord Kabir is mentioned as Kavir Dev.
- In Holy Shrimad Bhagwad Geeta, chapter 8 Verse 3, 8-10, chapter 15 verse 4, 17 and chapter 18 verse 62,64,66, Lord Kabir is mentioned as Param Akshar Purush.
- In the Holy Quran Sharif in Surat Furqan 25 Aayat 52-59 it has been testified that Allah Kabir is the Allah Tala who has created the entire universe in 6 days.
- In Holy Guru Granth Sahib on page 721 it has been the Kabir Saheb is the immortal and the only Supreme God
- In the Holy Bible Iyov 36:5 – Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB). See, El is Kabir, and despiseth, not any; He is Kabir in ko’ach lev (strength of understanding).
Translation: Supreme God is Kabir, but despises no one. He is Kabir, and firm in His purpose.
- Saint Garibdasji from Haryana says:
Gareeb, Chand Soor Paani Pavan, Dharni Dhaul Aakash |
Paanch Tatv Haziri Khade, Khijamtidar Khawas ||
How to Attain the Almighty?
Supreme God Kabir has made it very easy for us to attain Him as He has made a provision in the form of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj on the Holy land of Haryana, India. As He is giving the right method of worship as given by Kabir Saheb 600 years, His shelter is indeed the one for us to take refuge into. Hence one should not be late in taking Naam Diksha (initiation) from Him to make this human life successful. Kabir Saheb says:
Manush Janam Paye Kar Jo Nahi Rate Hari Naam |
Jaise Kuua Jal Bina Fir Banwaya Kya Kaam ||
Quotes about National Engineers Day 2023
- The Supreme God Kabir is the Greatest Engineer ever.~Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj
- Supreme God Kabir has created the entire universe by His power of Word. ~ Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj
- The way to build a nation is to build a good citizen. The majority of the citizens should be efficient, of good character, and possess a reasonable high sense of duty—M. Visvesvaraya
- Mental energy is wasted in caste disputes and village factions
- It is better to work out than rust out~M. Visvesvaraya
- Self-examination not moral or spiritual, but secular – that is, a survey and analysis of local conditions in India and a comparative study of the same with those in other parts of the globe –M. Visvesvaraya
- The ideal engineer .. may use the knowledge and techniques of any or all of these disciplines in solving engineering problems~Nathan W. Dougherty, American civil engineer
- This job is a great scientific adventure. But it’s also a great human adventure~ Fabiola Gianotti, Higgs Boson physicist
- Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world~ Isaac Asimov, American writer, professor of biochemistry
- As engineers, we are going to be in a position to change the world- not just study it~Henry Petroski, American engineer, and author
- The way to succeed is to double your failure~Thomas J. Watson, Pioneer in the field of computing equipment for IBM