Last Updated on 16 August 2022, 3:08 PM IST | Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2022 is celebrated to commemorate the birth of lord Krishna. It is celebrated by Hindus with great fervour and joy all around the world. It is also called as Gokulashtami or Krishnashtami at many places.
Krishna Janmashtami 2022 Date
Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated on the eighth day (Ashtami) of the dark fortnight of the Bhadrapada month of the Hindu calendar. It generally falls in the months of August and September as per the Gregorian calendar. This year Krishna Janamashatami falls on August 18-19.
Significance of Celebrating Krishna Janmashtami
Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Lord Vishnu’s eighth avatar; Srikrishna in Mathura. This is why Mathura is also called Krishna Bhoomi. It was believed that the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu will free people from the atrocities of the king of Mathura; Kansa. Sri Krishna was born to Devaki and Vasudeva in the prison where Devaki’s brother had held them.
How Is Krishna Janmashtami Celebrated?
Hindus view Janmashtami (Krishna Janmashtami 2022) as a very auspicious day as the incarnation of Lord Vishnu took birth as Sri Krishna on this day. They keep a fast on the same day and break it at midnight of the next day. People decorate the temples and idols of Sri Krishna and Radha. People sing devotional songs and offer prayers the whole day. Devout people visit the temples to take an audience of their beloved lord Shri Krishna.
Many programs are hosted enacting the divine child plays of Shri Krishna including dahi handi which imitates the actions of Shri Krishna as a child stealing butter from the houses of his neighbors. Many schools, colleges and housing societies organise Dahi handi competitions on the second day of Krishna Janmashtami. It is celebrated with great grandeur in Varanasi and Mathura with aarti and recitation of devotional songs (bhajans).
Story of Janmashtami
- Shri Krishna was the eighth son of Devaki (mother) and Vasudeva (father). Kansa, who was a cruel king and he used to torment the public in his kingdom. His atrocities were increasing day by day. Once there occurred an ethervoice that the eighth son of his sister Devaki would be the cause of Kansa’s death.
- Hearing this, Kansa imprisoned Devaki along with her husband. Kansa killed Devaki’s first seven children on the same day they were born, fearing that they could also become the cause of his death.
- When Devaki gave birth to the eighth child Sri Krishna, then lord Vishnu appeared and ordered Vasudeva to take that child to Gokul in the house of Yashoda and Nand Baba so that he could be safe from his maternal uncle Kansa. The same was done. Shri Krishna was brought up by Nand Baba and Yashoda. At a young age Krishna killed his maternal uncle Kansa and freed Mathura from his atrocities.
Janmashtami Fast Opposite to the Holy Books
Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2022: On the day of Janmashtami, almost all the sections of the Hindu religion observe fasts. But the thing is that none of our sacred Texts (Vedas and Srimad Bhagavad Gita) ask about keeping fasts, etc. The Verse 16 of Chapter 6 in Gita clearly states that neither the one who eats too much nor the one who stays hungry nor the one who sleeps too much nor the one who is always awake can ever attain God, which means, that’s useless. God Kabir also says in His Speech that—
Partham ann jal sanyam rakhe|
Yogyugat sab Satguru bhakhe||
Hare Krishna Mantra Is Arbitrary
On Janmashtami, people chant— “Hare Krishna hare Krishna, Krishna- Krishna Hare Hare”. This is not a mantra to attain complete salvation. This mantra is not mentioned in any of our Holy Books. In the Holy Srimad Bhagavad Gita Chapter 8 Verse 13, the Knowledge-giver of Gita says that “Om” is the only syllable for his worship. This proves that apart from this, whatever mantra the devotee society is chanting is completely arbitrary and useless.
Who was the Guru of Shri Krishna?
Kabir, Ram Krishna Se Kaun Bada, Unhon Bhi Guru Kinha |
Teen Lok Ke Ve Dhani, Guru Aage Aadhin ||
Kabir, Ram Krishna Bade Tinhu Pur Raja, Teen Guru Band Kinha Nij Kaaja |
There is evidence in the Puranas that Shri Ramchandra ji had taken initiation from sage Vashisht Ji. Shri Krishna ji received his schooling and the knowledge related to language from sage Sandipani and Durvasa Rishi was the spiritual teacher of Shri Krishna ji.
Kabir Parmeshwar ji wants to explain that Hindus do not consider anyone bigger than Shri Ram and Shri Krishna ji. They are the lord of three lok, yet they did devotion by making a guru, and made their human life meaningful. It should be easily understood from this that if any person does devotion without a guru, then he can’t get the benefits of Bhakti.
Krishna Janmashtami 2022 Quotes
The Supreme God doesn’t take birth from a mother, whereas, Shri Krishna was born from Devaki Ji.
- “Shri Krishna lifted Govardhan to stop the worship of Demigods”
- “Those who keep fast can never attain God”~Saint Rampal JI
- “Only the Supreme God Kabir is worshipable”.~Saint Rampal JI
- “Shri Krishna has only 16 Kalas, but the Supreme Almighty has infinite Kalas”.
Can Worshiping Lord Krishna Lead to Salvation?
Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2022: One cannot attain salvation by worshiping Shri Krishna as he is not the Supreme Almighty. All the three demigods; Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are in the cycle of birth and death. They themselves don’t have the way to attain salvation, so how could their devotees attain salvation? The third Skandh of Holy Shrimad Devi Mahapuran clarifies that Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiv are in the cycle of birth and death.
Shri Krishna had to repay by dying from a poisoned arrow for his karmic deeds when he appeared in treta yuga as lord Ram and killed Bali with an arrow. Lord Rama had to bear the curse made by Sage Narada by living that entire life separated from his wife Sita.
Just imagine when these gods can’t even undo their own karmic entanglements, how will they undo yours? They themselves have birth and death then how will they grant you salvation…? They don’t have a way to attain salvation, then how can they guide you in the way to attain salvation? Only the true Almighty is capable of granting salvation to mankind.
Who Is the Supreme God in Hinduism?
Contrary to the beliefs of Hindus, Shri Krishna is not the Supreme God in Hindu Texts. The Supreme God mentioned in the Holy Books of Hinduism is God Kabir only.
Supreme God has a human-like form and does not fall in the cycle of death and birth. According to Holy Vedas, Almighty never takes birth from the womb of a mother (Rigveda Mandal 10 Sukt 4 Mantra 3) and is nourished by maiden cows (Rigveda Mandal 9 Sukt 1 Mantra 9). He descends on earth in all four Yugas and ascends back to His eternal Abode with His Body.
There is evidence that Kabir Saheb descended on the earth in a human form as an infant on a lotus flower in the pond named “Lahar Tara” in Kashi, India. He was nourished by maiden cows and He ascended back to His eternal Abode along with His Body from Maghar, Uttar Pradesh approximately 623 years ago.
Supreme God Kabir manifested in all the four Yugas to reveal His True Spiritual Knowledge to the devotee society but because of our inability to understand His Knowledge, contemporary people consider Him a Saint or a Poet only. The same is stated in the Holy Rigveda Mandal 9 Sukt 96 Mantra 17 to 20. When we look at the life accounts of all the incarnations of Kaal-Brahm (Satan), be it Shri Krishna, Shri Ram, Mohammad, or Jesus, none of them satisfy the afore-mentioned conditions except God Kabir Saheb.
Proofs from our Holy Books
- Holy Yajurveda Chapter 29 Verse 25 states that when the devotee society is engrossed in the wrong way of worship, then KavirDev discloses the true Spiritual Knowledge to them.
- Holy Samveda Sankhya no. 359, Chapter 4, Section 25, Verse 8 states that the Supreme God Kabir is in Form.
- Holy Rigveda Mandal 9 Sukt 96 Mantar 17, 18, 19, 20 state that the Supreme God’s real name is KavirDev and He is nurtured from the milk of maiden cows. He spreads His Knowledge through Poems and couplets.
- Holy Atharvaveda Kand 4 Anuvaka 1 Mantra 7 states that God Kabir is the Supreme God who never deceives.
- The Holy Quran Sharif Surat Furqani 25 Ayat 52 to 59 explains that Allah Kabir created the whole universe in 6 days and sat on His throne on the 7th day. This proves that God is in Form.
- Holy Bible Job 36:5 also writes the name of God Kabir. The proof remains in the Orthodox Jewish Bible translation only.
- Guru Granth Sahib Page 721 also mentions the name of God Kabir.
These prove that the Supreme God has a Human-like Form. His Name is Kabir and spreads His Knowledge like a poet.
How to Attain the Supreme God and Eternal Peace?
Even Holy Srimad Bhagavad Gita Chapter 18 Verse 62 and 66 order devout souls to take refuge in another God. But how can that one True Almighty be attained?
Shri Krishna Janmashtami 2022 | The answer to this question is to find a truly enlightened sage. Today, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Barwala-Hisar,Haryana, India is imparting the true spiritual Knowledge according to our Holy Scriptures that lead to the Almighty and the enormous peace is a by-product of that Worship as is also testified in Chapter 16 Verses 23 and 24 of the Holy Srimad Bhagavad Gita.
The Scripture-based way of Worship along with abiding by the code of conduct of Worship is the way to attain complete salvation and contentment. In the whole world, only Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj has the authority to give that way of Worship. He is the authorized Saint of the Supreme Almighty God Kabir Saheb. He is the incarnation of God Kabir. To know more, you must visit the Satlok Ashram YouTube Channel. If you wish to take Initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji, kindly fill this Naam-Diksha Form.
FAQs About Krishna Janmashtami 2022
Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated on the occasion of the birthday of Krishna.
In the year 2022, Krishna Janmashtami is on 18-19 August.
The birth parents of Krishna were Vasudeva and Devaki and the foster parents were Nandlal and Yashoda.
Krishna had sixteen thousand and eight queens.
Krishna’s wife was Rukmini.