World Sports Day 2021: Right Way to Achieve Ultimate Goal of Human Life
World Sports Day 2021: The United Nations (UN) International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is observed every year on April 6, which comprehends the power of sport in promoting peace and erasing cultural barriers worldwide. Let the readers pay some focus on sports of life too and learn Sat-Bhakti from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj and listen to His sermons at Satlok Ashram YouTube Channel.
World Sports Day 2021: Highlights
- World Sports Day is observed on April 6 each year since 2013
- The world celebrates International Day of Sport for Development and Peace on 6 April, at 125th anniversary of the 1st modern @Olympics opened in Athens 1896
- On 23rd August 2013, the UN declared that the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace would be celebrated on the 6th of April every year
- The UN and the IOC have a unique commitment to use sport as a tool for social change
- The theme of World Sports Day 2021 is ‘Recovery from the Pandemic through Sports’
- This date also marks the beginning of the maiden modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896
About World Sports Day 2021
On the occasion of International Day of Sport for Development and Peace 2021 there is a chance to recognize the role that sport plays in building resilience in communities, in individuals’ lives, and in the recovery from the pandemic through social media and online activity in the lead up to and on the Day. The Department of Global Communications, in collaboration with WHO, DESA, and the co-chairs of the Group of Friends of Sport for Sustainable Development in New York, Qatar and Monaco have developed social media and online messaging around the theme of recovery from the pandemic, the significance of equity in that recovery, and what is essential to build back better for a more suitable and resilient world.
Significance of World Sports Day
The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace facilitates healthy lifestyles and promotes the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) emphasis on giving as many people as possible access to sport. It is the day when some of the world’s dominating sportspeople work together with communities to bring sporting openings to enrich lives, particularly children. International Day of Sport for Development and Peace is not a public holiday but a global observance day. The world celebrates International Day of Sport for Development and Peace on 6 April, at 125th anniversary of the 1st modern @Olympics opened in Athens 1896.
History of World Sports Day
The UN and the IOC have a unique commitment to use sport as a tool for social change and have worked concurrently on many projects over the years. Both institutions have used sporting occurrences such as the Olympic Games, to link cultural understanding and improve health, education, social and economic development.
On 23rd August 2013, the UN declared that the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace would be celebrated on the 6th of April every year. This date also marks the beginning of the maiden modern Olympic Games in Athens in 1896.
World Sports Day 2021 Theme
In distinction of the positive contribution that sport can have on the culmination of sustainable development and the advancement of human rights, 6 April was declared as the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace by the UN General Assembly in its resolution in 2013.
Sport can defy stereotypes, cross boundaries, improve our emotional and physical health, and stimulate hope across countries, but we will only be able to get back to this, if we recover better and help end the epidemic by helping assure everyone is protected from COVID-19 Using the hashtags #OnlyTogether and #SportDay, interested UN organizations and external organizations will be able to tailor the theme to closely fit their specific authorizations and activities to demonstrate how sport and physical activity can help build back better and stronger as society begins to reopen and recover, once the epidemic ends.
Sporting Analogies, such as ‘achieving success through teamwork,’ and ‘using a level playing field’ can also be encompassed to deliver the vital equity and resilience messaging, and sports personalities and organizations can help stimulate. Teamwork is essential to build back better. So, let’s help end the epidemic by ensuring everyone is protected from COVID-19. Let’s degree the playing field and recover better. #OnlyTogether will we play again.
World Sports Day 2021 Quotes
- A pious soul should abide by the Constitution of God Kabir, just like a player abides by the rules of the game while playing it.
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”- Billie Jean King
- “The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you.”- Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.” – Les Brown
- “Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
- “Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.”- Doug Williams
- Required strictness in rules of game makes a better game and required strictness in rules of life makes a better life.
World Sports Day 2021 Objectives
- Reaffirm the position of sport in the comeback from the epidemic and beyond
- Foster solidarity, equity, community, and team spirit in response to the epidemic
- Encourage healthy patterns through physical activity and building emotional well being and encourage hope through sporting analogies.
What are the Objectives of Human Life?
Human life is very precious. Demigods like Indra, Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva crave human life. They pray to the Almighty God for Human life because they know that Salvation can only be attained in a human body. Our human body is designed in such a way. Even Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh crave complete Salvation because only that can end the vicious suffering of birth and death.
The prime objective of human life is to find an enlightened Saint or a Complete Guru because only a True or Real Saint is rightful of giving true mantras (Satnaam & Saarnaam) of Salvation. After finding Him one must take Initiation (Naam Diksha) from Him and start chanting true mantras of Moksha.
How to Achieve these Objectives?
Presently, Only Jagatguru Tattvadarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj is enlightened with the true way of worship of Almighty God Kabir, and only He is rightful of giving Moksha Mantras (Om Tat Sat) mentioned in the Verse 23, Chapter 17 of Shrimad Bhagavad Geeta. One must take Initiation (Naam Diksha) from Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj to achieve the prime objective of human life.
S A NEWS