Last Updated on 7 May 2022, 6:10 PM IST | World Red Cross Day 2022: The World Red Cross Day is commemorated to inspire and facilitate people to survive from pandemics, natural calamities, and misadventure. It protects the life of people and supports financially to defeat the situation. It encourages self-responsiveness and energizes youth to learn the techniques necessary for survival. The easiest way to survive under all circumstances is by adopting Sat-Bhakti from the only Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj.
World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day 2022: Highlights
- The World Red Cross Day is commemorated on May 8 every year
- It is to facilitate people to survive from pandemics, natural calamities, and misadventure
- The Red Cross responds to the needs of communities regardless of their age and religion.
- An opportunity to show collective gratitude to 13 million volunteers for dedication
- To thank volunteers for their kindness, bravery and selflessness
- Survive under all circumstances by adopting Sat-Bhakti from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj
World Red Cross Day 2022
World Red Cross Day is commemorated every year to showcase the notions of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. World Red Cross Day is marked on May 8 each year. On this Day people pay respect to Jean Henry Dunant on his birthday on May 8, 1828. Jean Henry Dunant, the Swiss humanitarian, was the founder of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and was the recipient of the first Nobel Peace Prize.
World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day 2022: Event
World Red Cross Day 2022: World Red Cross Day is observed every year on 8 May. The day compliments several millions of volunteers, workforce and associates worldwide for their efforts to care for human life and wellbeing. The World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is an opportunity to recognize the work of the frontline volunteers in response to the expanding requirements of communities facing difficulties during the hardships the world faces.
The volunteers propagate compassion and commonality around the world and offer optimism and self-respect in the middle of hopelessness. The volunteers of the Red Cross had shown extraordinary spirit around the globe during the coronavirus outbreak pandemic. Also , during the war between Russia and Ukraine providing food, water and other required things to the people and students who were stuck in that country has become a source of inspiration for everyone to get engaged too.
What Is the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement?
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is a worldwide humanitarian network of 80 million people that assist communities who are facing disaster, conflict and health and social problems. It comprises the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, and the 191 National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
What Is the Mandate and Mission of ICRC?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)’ work is based on the Geneva Conventions of 1949, their Additional Protocols, its Statutes – and those of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement – and the commitments of the International Conferences of the Red Cross and Red Crescent. The ICRC is a free and impartial organization that makes humanitarian safeguarding and helping the armed friction and inhumanity situation sufferers. ICRC lays in response to disaster situations maintaining respect for international humanitarian laws and its implementation in national law.
Aim and Objective of World Red Cross Day
World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is an occasion to demonstrate shared gratitude to 13 million volunteers for their commendable commitment to the humanitarian cause and Basic Values. On this day everyone thanks them for their helpfulness, courage and unselfishness. The lone objective is to support people in necessity, without fear or favors.
■ Also Read: Mother’s Day | Know About the Most Precious Gift for Your Mother
It acts in response to and arranges for health services to local communities during disaster and pandemics. It promotes the best humanitarian practice and safeguards the self-esteem of people. The Red Cross programs are categorized into four main core themes: advocating humanitarian cause principles and ideals; response to disasters; disaster readiness and fitness and protection in the society.
World Red Cross Day 2022 Theme
The theme for the year 2022 is ‘BeHumanKIND’. It expresses the importance and need of being humble to everyone. A small act of Kindness is absolutely the way to establish peace in the society and bring happiness in the lives of people.
World Red Cross Day History and Significance
“Without urgent action to protect essential services in conflict zones, we face a humanitarian disaster on a vast scale.”— Speech given by Mr Peter Maurer, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross
Since its existence in 1863, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works with the sole objective to ensure safeguard and help the victims of armed conflict and strife. It is well known across the globe for the development of humanitarian action, the Geneva Conventions and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- In 1859, Jean Henry Dunant watched the repercussions of the Battle of Solferino. He united local people to cure the wounds of the soldiers. He appealed for the formation of national relief societies to help those wounded in war and steered the approach to the future Geneva Conventions. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was founded in 1863 as an inspiration from Dunant. The 1864 Geneva Convention adopted Dunant’s idea for an autonomous organization to take care of hurt warriors.
- After the end of World War I, Henry Pomeroy Davison, an American banker, who led the American Red Cross War Committee had pressed to create an international organization. The purpose was to synchronize the work of the different national Red Cross societies. Based on his suggestions, the League of Red Cross Societies was created on May 15, 1919 by the societies of France, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, and the United States.
- The Red Cross was presented as a major contributor to the peace. An international commission at the 14th International Conference of the Red Cross was set up to study the Red Cross Truce.
- In 1934, the report of the Red Cross Truce was submitted, and its principles were approved at the 15th International Conference at Tokyo. It was recommended to apply worldwide in various regions.
- With a gap of more than a decade, in 1946 in World War II, the Tokyo proposal was adopted to place into force. The Board of Governors of the “League of the Red Cross Societies (LORCS)” asked for the likelihood of celebration annually. Later, it was called the General Assembly of the International Federation of Red Cross Societies.
- On May 8, 1948, to pay respect to Henry Dunant, on his birth anniversary, the adoption World Red Cross Day celebration annually was announced.
- In 1984, the name was settled as “World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day”.
Traits of Red Cross Volunteers
- The volunteers of Red Cross society are loyal towards their organization.
- They never disclose any information.
- They are very Responsible and hard working.
- They are very clear and specific about their duties.
- They never make decisions in haste.
- Always remain ready to help people in any need.
- Veteran in different skills such as first aid, CPR and many more.
Celebrate the Day by Assisting Communities to Come Out of Sufferings by Sat-bhakti
The present idea of Red Cross and Red Crescent volunteers is to keep each and every section of the community happy and free from any kind of the sufferings during and after coronavirus pandemics. It is possible by the adoption of eternal devotion (Sat-Bhakti) directly bestowed by the Supreme Reality Kabir Saheb Himself or His authentic representative Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj.
- It is fortunate time that the enlightened SatGuru Rampal Ji Maharaj is present on the planet Earth to give the True Eternal knowledge.
- The real purpose of the day can be achieved by coming in the refuge of the SatGuru and taking Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Him.
- The practice of the Eternal Devotion will not only give pleasures in everyday life but also take out one from the cycle of birth and death.
- The real purpose of human birth is to achieve Salvation through Sat-Bhakti.
- Having enjoyed the fruits of Sat-Bhakti, invite other pious souls to take advantage of this life.
- Once a seeker takes the refuge of the SatGuru, He (SatGuru) has the responsibility to fulfill all needful dreams of devotees. No pandemics will make any sort of effect on such disciples of the SatGuru.
What Are the Principles of Sat-Bhakti?
- SatGuru Rampal Ji Maharaj makes a disciple capable of crossing the Ocean of Material to reach Ocean of Happiness, the Satlok
- The disciple discards consumption of intoxicating substances
- He says no to Pilgrimage and Worship of Pitras (manes or dead ancestors)
- The disciple obeys SatGuru’s advice and glorifies His attributes
- Worship of Deities becomes irrelevant for a True Devotee
- Supreme Reality Kabir Saheb always liberates devotees from any adverse situation
- The disciple leaves unnecessary charities
- The disciple can distinguish True and untrue and stops last-rites after death
- No worship against the scriptures such as on the birth of a child
- No to going to place of pilgrimage gives all worldly happiness
- No to Adulteration, consumption of meat, Gambling, Singing and Dancing
- No to criticize others and hear criticism of someone, no to contact with a traitor of Guru
- No to practicing untouchability, Giving and accepting Dowry
World Red Cross Day 2022 Quotes
- With each helping hand, bring a big change in the lives of people
- Celebrate World Red Cross Day by working together to make society healthier
- Donate blood save lives
- 15 minutes can save 3 lives
- Blood is the donation of life
- Propagate Sat-Bhakti to eliminate sufferings and achieve happiness