Here is a brief presentation of PPE Kit that protects from coronavirus outbreak; India fights COVID-19; History of PPE; Technical details and certifying agency of PPE; BMC faces PIL in Bombay High Court; Real Protector. Read full news about the PPE kit for corona India.
- PPE reduces the effects of exposure to a hazard.
- PPE Kit includes goggles, mask, gloves, coverall, head cover, boot covers.
- Personal armors were used to absorb or deflect physical attacks.
- INMAS, DRDO under Ministry of Defence approves PPE
- Jan Swasthya Abhiyan files a PIL in The Bombay High Court for insufficient PPEs.
- Uttarakhand CM demands PPE kits from Center.
- Self-reliant India manufacture 2 lakh PPE kits and N95 masks every day.
- Gujrat CM launches first PPE Kit seam sealing machine at Rajkot
- The Enlightened Saint Rampal Maharaj is Real Protector
- PPE Kits in scarcity; India now manufactures 2 Lakh kits per day
What is PPE Kit?
As per the Medical Encyclopedia, Personal protective equipment (PPE) is the special equipment a person wears to create a barrier between him and germs. This barrier reduces the chance of touching, being exposed to, and spreading germs. PPE helps prevent the spread of germs in the hospital. This can protect people and healthcare workers from infections. All hospital staff, patients, and visitors should use PPE when there will be contact with blood or other bodily fluids.
■ World Health Organization (WHO) website states: Infection prevention and control measures include, among other measures: hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and waste management materials. The Protective equipment consists of garments placed to protect the health care workers or any other persons to get infected.
These usually consist of standard precautions: gloves, mask, gown. If it is blood or airborne high infections, it will include Face protection, goggles, and mask or face-shield, gloves, gown or coverall, head cover, rubber boots. WHO has described the characteristics of these products for coronavirus.
What is the history of PPE Kit?
- Personal armor is protective clothing designed to absorb or deflect physical attacks. A suit of armor includes shoes and gloves focused on protecting the wearer’s body from physical injury.
- Plague doctors wore protective uniforms consisting of a full-length gown, helmets, glass eye coverings, gloves, and shoes to prevent contagion when dealing with plague victims in Europe in the sixteenth century. They were made of thick material which was then covered in wax and made water-resistant.
- A beak-like façade filled with pleasant smelling flowers, herbs and spices to prevent the spread of disease, the pre-scientific belief of bad smell that spreads the disease through the air.
- In recent years, scientific personal protective equipment is generally believed to have begun with fabric face masks promoted by Wu Lien in the 1910-11 deadly pneumonic plague epidemic outbreak Manchuria (today’s Northeast China).
- It is to be noted, many Western doctors doubted the efficacy of face masks in preventing the spread of the disease.
Who approves PPE Kit in India?
Director of Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS), DRDO, under Ministry of Defence communicated about Testing and Certification process of samples of PPE Body Coverall for Covid-19 as under: Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences (INMAS), Delhi has been authorized by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, for implementing Quality Control Mechanism for laboratory testing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Body Coverall samples for COVID-19, submitted by prospective manufacturers in India.
■ PPE kit for corona India: INMAS conducts a laboratory test of Synthetic Blood Penetration Resistance Test and issues a Test Report for the same.
PPE Kit -Specifications for Contact & Air borne precautions
Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare engaged in Emergency Medical Relief for Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) issued guidelines on the rational use of Personal Protective Equipment. PPE Kit should consist of Gloves, Coverall (medium and large), Goggles, N-95 Masks, Shoe Covers, and Face Shield as per prescribed standards.
What is issue with PPE Kit today?
■ PIL against BMC in Bombay High Court
Jan Swasthya Abhiyan files a PIL in The Bombay High Court. It claims that there were not enough healthcare professionals and frontline workers in hospitals and facilities at some quarantine centers were inadequate.
The Bombay High Court has directed the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation to respond to a PIL about PPE kits for frontline health workers and limiting the use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 treatment.
- The bench comprising of Chief Justice Dipankar Datta and Justice AA Sayyed ordered the BMC to respond about the number of PPE kits it had already provided, apart from other health and security measures taken to protect doctors, health workers and BMC employees.
- The Bombay High Court further directed BMC to respond to all other points in the PIL, including screening tests for frontline workers and for the poor. Next date of further hearing of the matter is May 15.
- The counsel of petitioner Mihir Desai said in court, PPE kits should be given to doctors and medical staff not treating COVID-19 patients.
- The petitioner has also urged the authorities not to use hydroxychloroquine indiscriminately in the absence of enough clinical evidence.
- The counsel for the BMC Anil Sakhre argued that the state was providing as many PPEs as possible and trying to increase the production of PPEs and it was not feasible to provide PPEs to non-corona treating doctors or staff.
■ Uttarakhand demands PPE kits, N95 masks from the Union Health ministry
The Government of Uttarakhand has demanded PPE kits, N-95 masks and ventilators from the Union Health ministry. Through video conferencing, Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat apprised Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan about the corona prevention situation in the state.
■PM Modi praises the nation to make 2 Lakh PPE Kit per day at the time of crisis
On Tuesday, PM Narendra Modi appealed to the nation to trust in the power of self-reliance to fulfill the dream of India leading the world in the 21st century. The Prime Minister said that since India fights the coronavirus outbreak, citizens should think to turn crisis into an opportunity.
■ PPE kit for corona India: PPE kit for corona India: PM Modi quoted the example of the manufacture of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and N-95 face masks. The Prime Minister said that when the crisis began, PPEs and N-95 masks were being manufactured in negligible quantities. The current situation is such that India is manufacturing more than 2 lakh PPE kits and N95 masks every day.
■ Gujrat to manufacture PPE seam sealing machine
Gujrat becomes first state to install indigenous seam sealing machine to manufacture PPE Kits. CM Rupani congratulated the producers of machine and doctors of IMA for this invention. He claimed that the cost of PPE Kit seaming machine will reduce to half of import machine price.
Do you want to know Real Protector?
The PPE kit protects human beings from virus. But do you know there is a universal protector, The Absolute. Realize the Eternal Truth and you will not require any protection. You need to know who is the Absolute? How to reach to The Absolute? Is there an Enlightened Saint to answer the queries?Yes, there is one Enlightened Saint in the whole universe in the form of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj. Go to him, take initiation, and protect yourself from afflictions.