Lockdown Again in Delhi?: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal yesterday said that he has sought the Centre’s permission to allow the Delhi govt to shut for a few days markets that may emerge as COVID-19 hotspots due to rapid increase in the Corona cases in the national capital in past few days. For this, the proposal has been sent to the Central Government.
Lockdown Again in Delhi: Highlights
- CM Arvind Kejriwal seeks approval from central government to close markets that have potential of becoming Covid-19 hotspots
- Covid-19 situation in Delhi unprecedented, says Niti Aayog but Govt won’t impose lockdown
- 50 not 200 people can assemble in wedding function: Delhi CM proposes to LG
- Delhi has seen a surge in coronavirus cases over the last few weeks
- Delhi recorded a single-day spike of 8,500 cases
- Pollution, excessive testing, negligence have resulted in increased Corona cases
- Important decisions were taken in the emergency meeting attended by Amit Shah and Delhi Govt
- Number of daily Covid-19 tests would be increased to over 1 lakh: Arvind Kejriwal
- Sat Bhakti is the only permanent remedy to cure any fatal disease
Delhi Plans to Impose Lockdown in Potential COVID-19 Hotspot Markets
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal told the media on Tuesday that some markets witnessed huge crowds during Diwali. In these markets people neither wore masks nor social distancing was followed. Because of this, the corona spread rapidly.
In such a situation, the Delhi government has made a proposal and sent it to the central government. In fact, the Central Government had said in its guideline last time that any state government will have to seek permission from the Center to impose lockdown at local or small level.
The Chief Minister hoped that after the end of Diwali, there will be less congestion in the markets and there will be no need to impose lockdown at the local level. However, the government will try the shutdown option if needed. For this, it will be seen whether the directions of social distancing and wearing masks are being followed in the market and whether the area is becoming a Corona hotspot.
If this ignorance is found anywhere, then that market can be closed for a few days as a precaution. He said, this option will be implemented to overcome the corona as soon as the permission is received from the central government.
Only 50 People Can Attend the Wedding Function: Delhi CM Proposes to LG
Kejriwal said that some important decisions have been taken in view of the situation in Coronavirus pandemic. Sometime back when the Coronavirus situation had improved, the Delhi government had approved the participation of 50 to 200 people in weddings in view of the guidelines of the Center. But now the Delhi Govt is thinking to roll back its decision to allow gathering of 200 people and reduce from 200 to 50 again. Arvind Kejriwal has sent the proposal to Delhi Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal for approval.
Lockdown Again in Delhi: Covid-19 Situation in Delhi Unprecedented
Niti Ayog said that Covid-19 situation in Delhi was unprecedented but won’t impose a lockdown.
Earlier, Health Minister Satyendra Jain had said that the peak of the third wave of infection is over, so there is no need for lockdown. Delhi’s Health Minister said that we have tested 29% of the people of Delhi. Cases are not increasing due to home isolation. There are 16500 beds in Delhi for Corona. There is a problem of beds in private hospitals because all are going to private hospitals. Satyendra Jain said that now the peak of the wave is over. But the wave is not over.
He said that within the last one week the positivity rate has come down from 15% to 13%. It is definitely a third wave but the peak is gone now. The death rate in Delhi is 1.58% which is close to the national average mortality rate of 1.48%.
Lockdown Again in Delhi: Delhi Recorded a Single-Day Spike of 8,500 Cases
Coronavirus cases have increased significantly in Delhi since October 28, when more than five thousand new cases were reported for the first time. Last week, on Wednesday, more than eight thousand new cases were reported in Delhi. At the same time, for the first time in the last five months, 104 people died on Thursday.
On Monday, 3797 people have been infected with the Coronavirus in 24 hours and 99 people have died. However, 3,560 people have recovered in the same time. In Delhi, 4,89,202 people have been infected with the Corona virus so far and of these, 4,41,361 have been cured. So far 7,713 people have died and currently 40,128 people are undergoing treatment.
Lockdown Again in Delhi: Major Reasons for the Sudden Spike COVID-19 Cases in Delhi
Experts have pointed a lot of major reasons which have resulted in the sudden spike Covid-19 cases in Delhi
- Huge crowd in the big wholesale markets at the time of the festival.
- Onset of winter
- Increase in air pollution
- Rising air pollution coupled with the coronavirus disease could make matters worse for people with lung or breathing-related complications, doctors have cautioned
CM Announced to Increase Daily COVID-19 Tests
Arvind Kejriwal told that Delhi govt, Centre and all agencies making ‘double efforts’ to control COVID-19 situation in the national capital. A series of steps were announced , after the emergency meeting attended by Union home minister Amit Shah and Arvind Kejriwal.
- Increase in availability of beds with oxygen facilities.
- Strengthened the 10,000-bed Chhatarpur Covid centre.
- Deploy the Mobile testing vans belonging to the Union health ministry and the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in vulnerable places.
- Doubling the number of daily RT-PCR tests.
- Centre has assured 750 ICU beds will be made available at the DRDO centre.
He also announced “Since October 20, there has been a rise in cases here. There’s a sufficient number of Covid beds but ICU beds are exhausting. Centre has assured 750 ICU beds will be made available at the DRDO centre. The number of Covid tests to be conducted daily to be increased to over 1 lakh.”
CM Kejriwal Appeals Delhiites
CM appeals to Delhiites with folded hands to wear masks and follow social distancing norms.
Sat Bhakti Sadhna Is Remedy to COVID-19
Along with taking the precautionary measures, we should also know the permanent remedy to protect ourselves from the fatal diseases as well as know the cure to all sufferings in life.
Adopt True Sadhna According to Scriptures
Take name initiation from the true Guru (an enlightened guru), Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. He is giving the true worship of Kabir Saheb according to our Holy Scriptures. That Worship is the real remedy for COVID-19.
Please listen to the spiritual Discourses of Saint Rampal Ji on Sadhna channel at 7:30 – 8:30 pm. One can download the Book Gyan Ganga to read more information.