International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination aims at bringing peace and equality into the entire globe. It also motivates individuals to treat everyone as the same and should not discriminate on any basis. As discrimination is not the basis of growth and developing resources for the nation and the world, therefore understanding significance of this day becomes vital for bringing peace and development into the entire globe.
- International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination is celebrated to raise awareness amongst every part of the society regarding the discrimination practiced.
- It also aims at reminding people that discrimination is not the basis of development and can left a negative impact on generations to come.
- This day first came into existence in 1966, and became official worldwide by the efforts of the United Nations.
- The theme of the year 2021 is “Youth Standing up against Racism”.
- The way youth has demonstrated the participation into the movement to end racial discrimination has been eye catching. And urges everyone to follow the same.
- Raising awareness via social media has also proved to be successful to many individuals.
- By getting aware about the prime motive of this human life which is attainment of Lord Kabir, one can easily give up discrimination on any base.
- It is after the attainment of True Spiritual knowledge and doing Sat Bhakti of God Kabir one can attain every required desire.
What Is International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination?
International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination reminds the entire globe about the fight to end racial discrimination is still not over yet. This day is observed annually on March 21st. This day aims at highlighting two important aspects in front of the entire globe.
1. Manifesting the scale of negative impact of racial discrimination onto the society and upcoming generations.
2. The need to stay motivated and focussed on to the road to combat and end racial discrimination.
Inequality whether it is upon gender or racial discrimination or of any other sort, is a curse to the society and so does for future generations as it prepares the same negative atmosphere for them to live in. Equality makes a friendly environment to live and thus develops the human resource and growth of the nation.
International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2021 Theme
The theme for the year 2021 is “Youth Standing up against Racism”. The reason behind choosing this theme is because people from young generation have showed a huge support at 2020 Black Lives Matter marches as it catched eyes of millions of people worldwide. They came onto streets and took on the social media as well urging others to participate against the curse of racial discrimination.
A properly dedicated theme engages people towards the cause and generates awareness amongst the people worldwide. Along with this a dedicated hashtag #FightRacism is posted with numerous posts via social media platform so as to urge everyone to stand against this cause.
International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination: Background
The establishment of this day took place because of an incident called Sharpeville massacre on 21st March 1960, when the police opened fire and killed around 69 people, when they were on a peaceful protest against apartheid “pass laws” at Sharpeville, South Africa and it catched worldwide attentions. It was after six years of this incident that this day came into existence.
In 1966, the UN General Assembly reassembled all the international communities and asked them to multiply their efforts to end racial discrimination. In 1979, the Assembly started following a programme of activities so as to fight against all sorts of racism. And since then apartheid system in South Africa was abolished.
Under the guidance of International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, a framework was developed so as to combat racial discrimination. Although racist laws and practices have been abolished in many countries, still the problem persists as making laws without proper implementation don’t give results.
What Can Be Done to Eliminate This?
It has been clear from our history that with such progress in technology, and making people aware about the cause, solution is still out of our reach. It is because the attitude of people cannot be changed with just awareness, you need to develop the solution as well.
Spirituality has the solution and results with it. It is after the awareness about True Spiritual Knowledge of Supreme God Kabir, forget about racial discrimination, one cannot even discriminate with each other on any basis. It is because of the fact that after attainment of His true spiritual knowledge, one gets to know that there is no meaning of discrimination in a human life, the prime motive of human life is to attain salvation by worshiping Supreme God Kabir. Discrimination is done by immature who are deprived of their goal, who are running after money for all their lives even when they have to die one day. Lord Kabir says in His verses:-
Manush janam paye kar jo nahi rate Hari Naam |
Jaise kuua jal bina fir banwaya kya Kaam ||
Who Can Help Us in Eliminating It?
Presently, Supreme God Kabir has made a provision in the form of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from the holy land of Haryana, India, for His pious souls to get their welfare done and make their human life successful.
There can’t be a bigger thing for a pious soul than attainment of God. Hence giving up racial discrimination on the path of attaining God is like putting butter on bread. Because discrimination is yet another way of the Satan(Kaal Brahm), to keep us away from our prime motive of attaining God.
International Day of Elimination of Racial Discrimination: Quotes
1. Every soul whether white or black is equal for Supreme God Kabir.
2. Racial Discrimination keeps us away from the prime goal of our human life.
3. Inequality based upon colour is yet another way to let our sins grow.
4. Racial discrimination is yet another way of Satan (Kaal Brahm) to keep us entangled here.
5. Only and Only True Spiritual Knowledge from Supreme God Kabir can end any sort of inequality.
6. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” – Desmond Tutu
7. “As long as there is racial privilege, racism will never end.” – Wayne Gerard Trotman