Last Updated on 13 November 2022, 10:27 PM IST | Children’s Day 2022: Children’s Day in India is marked every year on November 14th to remind the entire nation about the importance of children as a youth and future of the nation because the upbringing of the youth decides the future of the nation. This day is also remembered for the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru because of his great affection with children. Let us know about the day in detail.
Children’s Day 2022: Key Points
- Every year Children’s Day is marked on November 14th annually.
- Children’s Day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru because of his great affection towards the children.
- Nehru believed that children are the future of the nation and it is very important to bring them up wisely.
- Children’s Day is observed by numerous schools, colleges and educational institutions by motivating and inspiring students in building up their future through various activities organized for the day.
- As the future of the nation, every child deserves the fundamental rights that include the right of survival, protection, participation, and development.
- Children, as the future of the nation, can only be nurtured properly when their present is equipped with the right way of living.
Children’s Day 2022: Why Is Children’s Day Celebrated?
The birth anniversary of first Prime Minister of Independent India Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is marked and celebrated as Children’s Day in India. It is because of the great love Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru shared for the children. He loved spending time with them. That’s why this day is celebrated on his birthday. Because of his popularity, he was renowned as ‘Chacha Nehru’ among the children and it soon became his well-known name.
Pandit Nehru believed that children are the future of the nation and their proper upbringing is essential for the growth of any nation. It is the same reason why he strongly favored the establishment of educational institutions including IIT, AIIMS and IIM which are now considered as the hub of education in their respective fields working towards giving youth a better future and opportunities.
History of Children’s Day
Children’s Day has been celebrated in India since the time when it was founded by the United Nations in 1954. Earlier it was celebrated on 20th November every year as celebrated globally but after the death of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in the year 1964, India marked his birth anniversary as the nation’s Children’s Day. Since then, Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November every year. Different nations celebrate Children’s Day on different dates.
Children’s Day in Different Countries
After the establishment of Universal Children’s Day on 20th November by the UN, they urged every nation to dedicate a day for this purpose. Since then, Children’s Day is observed by various nations on their respective days. The days along with the countries are listed below:
- In Britain, the 30th of August is celebrated as Children’s Day. For this purpose a two day carnival is organized in London with the participation of school children.
- In Japan, Children’s Day is celebrated on May 5 every year and is known by the name ‘Kodomo no Hi’ in the entire nation.
- In the United States, the first or second Sunday of the month of June is taken and celebrated as Children’s Day. The nation also keeps the whole week as family week.
- Australia has kept the first Sunday of the month of July as Children’s Day. Also the nation keeps the last week of October as Children’s week.
- Earlier when Germany was split in two parts, it used to celebrate Children’s Day on two dates. East Germany used to celebrate this on June 1 while west Germany used to celebrate this on September 20th every year. But now most people celebrate this day on June 1 every year.
- In Mexico, Children’s Day is celebrated on April 30 every year and is renowned with the name “El Dia Del Nino” within the nation.
- In Singapore, 1st October is observed as Children’s Day for the nation.
- China, who used to mark the Dragon Boat Festival on June 1, now marks Children’s Day on this day within the entire nation.
- Pakistan observes November 20th as their Children’s Day every year.
Children’s Day 2022 Celebrations
Children’s Day is celebrated in the entire nation with great joy and enthusiasm. Different schools, colleges and educational institutions celebrate Children’s Day in the following ways:
- This day is observed by organizing various sorts of activities including cultural activities, plays and games in the interest of the children.
- At some institutions children are given gifts to mark the celebration of this day.
- This day is not given a holiday, rather schools prefer to suspend education classes on this day and engage students in sports classes.
- Some schools also plan a picnic or trip to any nearby place to take children’s out for enjoyment on this day.
Children’s Day Quotes
- Don’t worry about the future of your child, give them the appropriate way of living in the present.
- Children are considered as the building blocks of any nation.
- Investing in youth always pays off.
- Every child has the capabilities of taking their nation to great heights, it’s all about direction.
- See yourself in the youth and invest accordingly.
- Adopt the spiritual path enlightened by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj to get your welfare done.
Significance of Children’s Day
The significance of Children’s Day lies in understanding the fact that children are the basis of any nation and proper attention needs to be given to them for bringing them up as investing in the youth and for the youth is never a waste. Not only in India but throughout the world a large percentage of youth has been degrading in the absence of the right way of living and are falling for intoxication, vulgarity, and greed for dowry, etc.
Read in Hindi: हर वर्ष 14 नवंबर को क्यों मनाया जाता है बाल दिवस (Children’s Day)?
A degree is not enough to teach a youngster how one should lead one’s entire life. To maintain their name, fame and social status in society, people have neglected humanity and have increased their greed for money more than ever. And because of this less attention, youth have started to become mannerless, succumbing to the trap of social evils existing in the society. Hence the true significance of this day is to give our children the right way of living to get their welfare done.
The Right Way of Living
Talking about the solution of the above said problems which can only be achieved by adopting an appropriate way of living which is further only possible by acquiring true spiritual knowledge from a Complete Saint. Because after acquiring the right spiritual knowledge one gets to know that the bad deeds we are doing here are just a poison and are keeping us away from our prime motive of attaining salvation from this human life. Hence a pious soul is the one who takes a step back from all the social evils upon understanding the true spiritual knowledge.
Presently, Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj from Haryana, India is the one who is the only Complete Saint present for our welfare. It is the power in His word and the discourses of Saint Rampal Ji that a devotee leaves all their bad habits upon taking Naam Diksha (initiation) from Him. And He is proving day by day to the entire humankind that the Way of Living given by Him is the one to trust upon as He is the only one with authentic knowledge that can automatically benefit the entire humankind. For more information one can order for free and read His Sacred Book WAY OF LIVING.
FAQs About Children’s Day 2022
Ans. Children’s Day is celebrated on November 14 in India.
Ans. Children’s Day is celebrated on November 14 in India as a tribute to India’s First Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru. Chacha Nehru advocated for children to have fulfilled education.
Ans. Children’s Day is celebrated in India to increase awareness of the rights, care, and education of children.