Vishwa Hindi Diwas 2023 (World Hindi Day): This day is a very special day for the Hindi language and the people associated with it. Every year on January 10, Vishwa Hindi Diwas, or World Hindi Day is celebrated all over the world. On January 10, 2006, the Government of India announced the celebration of this day as World Hindi Day. World Hindi conferences were started to promote it as an international language. It started in the year 2006. The first World Hindi Conference was inaugurated by then-Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
Vishwa Hindi Diwas 2023 (World Hindi Day): Highlights
- World Hindi Day or Vishwa Hindi Diwas is observed on the 10th of January, every year.
- Vishwa Hindi Diwas is different from Hindi Day which is observed on the 14th of September.
- World Hindi Day was organized for the first time on 10 January 2006 by former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
- The first World Hindi Conference was inaugurated by then-Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Supreme Spiritual Knowledge of Almighty God Kabir Saheb Ji can make India Vishwa Guru again.
Why is Vishwa Hindi Diwas Celebrated?
The purpose of World Hindi Day is to promote the Hindi language globally and to include Hindi in the list of official languages in the United Nations. With this, World Hindi Day is celebrated to strengthen regional relations and bring together people from different countries and regions. Hindi is the national language of India. Apart from India, Hindi is the official language in Nepal, Suriname, Mauritius, Trinidad, Tobago, Guyana, and Fiji.
How is Vishwa Hindi Diwas (World Hindi Day) Celebrated?
On the occasion of World Hindi Day, a resolution is taken by the central and state government to do official work in Hindi and various programs are conducted to promote Hindi. Essay competitions, seminars, debates, and meetings are organized on this occasion. The strength of Hindi can be gauged from the fact that words like Bachcha, Bada Din, Accha, and Surya Namaskar have been included in the Oxford Dictionary.
How are Hindi Day and Vishwa Hindu Diwas Different?
World Hindi Day is celebrated on 10 January while Hindi Day is celebrated on 14 September. The purpose of both and the history behind them are also different. Hindi is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world after English and Mandarin. In terms of linguistic diversity, Hindi is the fourth most spoken language in the world, after English, Mandarin, and Spanish. Hindi is also a direct descendant of an early form of Vedic Sanskrit. Also, Hindi Diwas is celebrated every year. The World Hindi Conference is held once every three years.
Vishwa Hindi Diwas: History & Background
World Hindi Day 2023: Just Like every year, this year World Hindi Diwas will be celebrated on the 10th of January. Former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh announced the celebration of Hindi Day every year on January 10 in 2006 for the promotion of Hindi. World Hindi Day is celebrated in Indian Embassies around the world. The first Hindi Day was celebrated by the Indian Embassy in Norway. Later, the second and third Hindi Day was organized under the auspices of the Indian Norway Information and Cultural Forum under the chairmanship of writer Suresh Chandra Shukla.
- World Hindi Day was organized for the first time on 10 January 2006 by former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. Since then till today, Hindi Day has been celebrated globally as International Hindi Day in many countries of the world. On this day, January 10, programs are organized on World Hindi Day in the embassies of India located in all countries and Hindi-speaking people are invited.
- The first Hindi Diwas convention was organized on 10 January 1975 in Nagpur, Maharashtra. The purpose of this conference was to promote Hindi throughout the world. 122 delegates from 30 countries participated in this conference. Since 1975, various countries such as the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Mauritius, Trinidad, and Tobago had organized the World Hindi Conference.
How can Hindi become a prominent language Globally?
India is known for its advancements in spiritual science since the beginning of human civilization. History is witness that India once was Vishwa Guru (World Leader) due to its spiritual advancements. People used to move to India because India was spiritually as well as economically rich.
World Hindi Day 2023: But with time, the people of India have started becoming less spiritual which has deprived the overall development of the country and its people. As a result, people have started moving to other countries, and other languages like English, Spanish, and Mandarin have started to dominate Hindi.
If the people of India start to follow the Holy Scriptures like Holy Vedas and Holy Shrimad Bhagwat Gita, according to the preachings of an enlightened Saint, India can fly high in terms of development in all the different sectors. As a result, people from other countries will be forced to come to India due to its advancements in every sector. And Hindi can again become a prominent language globally.
How can India Become Vishwa Guru or World Leader again?
Only Spiritual Development and Passion can make India World Leader again. The Supreme Spiritual Knowledge of Almighty God Kabir Saheb Ji has answers to every unanswered question, the solution to every problem. It is the supreme most knowledge that has ever existed. It has unraveled all the secrets which science has failed to do for centuries. Presently, Jagatguru Tatvdarshi Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji is preaching the same knowledge based on The Fifth Veda – Sukshm Veda.
If everyone starts to follow the path shown by Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj by taking Name Initiation from Him, India can again become Vishwa Guru or World Leader. Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj Ji is Showing True Worship of Almighty God Kabir Saheb Ji. By watching the sermons of Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj, one gets acknowledged with complete knowledge about righteousness. Everyone needs to make progress toward spirituality by reading or watching the Supreme Spiritual Knowledge of Supreme God Kabir Saheb Ji. One can find it on Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj’s Android App, which is available for free download on Google Play Store.
Vishwa Hindi Diwas 2023: Quotes and Slogans
- “Hindi is not just a language it is an emotion.”
- “Hindi is not just our mother tongue, it is also our identity.”
- “Mother tongue is an individual’s potential, it is an individual’s intuitive expression.”
- “Hindi is the official language of India and its culture.”
- “A nation is dumb without a national language.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “No one can stop the promotion and development of Hindi” – Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant
- “A country that does not have the pride of its language and literature cannot be advanced.” – Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- “Use of Hindi in national practice is necessary for the progress of the country” – Mahatma Gandhi
FAQs about World Hindi Day
The purpose of World Hindi Day is to promote the Hindi language globally and to include Hindi in the list of official languages in the United Nations.
January 10, every year.
Yes. Hindi Day is observed on the 14th of September and Vishwa Hindi Diwas is observed on the 10th of January.
Hindi is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world after English and Mandarin. In terms of linguistic diversity, Hindi is the fourth most spoken language in the world, after English, Mandarin, and Spanish.