The world community celebrates the International Day of Democracy around the globe on September 15 every year. In 2007, the United Nations General Assembly passed the resolution to observe the International Day of Democracy, encouraging governments to promote and uphold the principles of Democracy. The readers would know the details of spiritual Democracy.
International Day of Democracy 2020 Highlights
- Democracy is a universally established model and is one of the core morals and ideologies of the United Nations
- The vital aspects of Democracy are the principles of freedom, reverence for human rights, and the notion of carrying genuine and periodic elections by universal vote
- These ideals are exemplified in the Universal Pronouncement of Human Rights and further established in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Athens witnessed the formation of the first democratic government in 508 BC.
- Four countries such as Vatican City, Burma, Saudi Arabia, and Brunei declare not to function under a democratic government
- Spiritual Democracy gives freedom to choose the right Guru who can provide the way to salvation to attain God
When Is the International Democracy Day Observed?
United Nations General Assembly decided on November 8, 2007, to observe September 15 as International Day of Democracy. The world community celebrated International Democracy Day for the first time in 2008. The U.N. general assembly accepted the year 2008 commemorating the 20th anniversary of the First International Conference of New or Restored Democracies, which offered people an opportunity to emphasize boosting Democracy all over the world.
What Is the Aim of the International Day of Democracy?
The main aim of the International Day of Democracy is to urge people all over the world to respect the rights of the citizens and provide substantial and meaningful participation in Democracy. Also, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is to address Democracy with 16 Sustainable Development Goals and ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, following national legislation and international agreements and to develop effective, accountable, inclusive institutions.
How Can the Public Contribute on This Day?
- Various Govt and Non-Govt organizations hold events and activities like discussions, seminars, and conferences, including keynote speakers who are actively involved in supporting Democracy.
- The organizations, like the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), manage movements such as public opinion surveys concerning Democracy and political tolerance.
- Distribution of Leaflets, posters, and flyers in universities, public buildings to make people aware that Democracy and Civic rights are intricately linked.
What is the IDD 2020 Theme?
The year 2020 will witness the theme “Democracy under Strain: Solutions for a Changing World.” Coinciding with the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Day is also a moment to draw attention towards the values of freedom and respect for human rights as crucial elements of Democracy.
Democracy in the Time of Pandemic
Below is the Message from U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres
“As the world confronts COVID-19, Democracy is crucial in ensuring the free flow of information, participation in decision-making, and accountability for the response to the pandemic. “
Various actions are taken by World Civil Organizations to counteract the situations in a time of COVID-19 crisis:
- Amid the coronavirus pandemic, IDLO released a new Policy Update on The Rule of Law. It emphasizes three key elements—enabling legal frameworks, mitigating impact, and ongoing investment in a culture of justice.
- Fighting misinformation, disinformation, and hate speech
- Creating media literacy and digital safety, to tackle the risk of suppression, intervention, and finishing of civic space
- Assisting to point out the challenges of disparity and poor service delivery weaken by the crisis
What Is Spiritual Democracy?
We are living in a democratic country where we citizens enjoy the power to make decisions regarding all aspects of our lives. We also have the freedom to Spiritual Democracy to choose our God. Spiritual Leader Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj explains how one can make the right use of spiritual Democracy in achieving the correct path to attain spiritual peace and salvation.
Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj has given evidence from holy scriptures – Vedas, Bible, Quran Sharif, and Guru Granth Sahib, and has proved that Real God is Kabir Saheb.
- The holy Vedas illustrate that Kavir Dev (The Supreme Kabir) come in every age (Yuga), He doesn’t take birth from a mother’s womb, and maiden cow milk does His childhood upbringing. He attains the position of a poet for teaching Tatvagyan in the form of poems/Kabir Vani to His beloved souls.
- Even Quran Sharif, a religious book of Muslims, proves Allah Kabir as God.
- Holy Fazal-E-Amal, Fazal-E-Zikr, Aayat 1, mentioned Allah is Kabir. He is the Almighty Kabir. He is a complete God.
- In Guru Granth Sahib, there is proof that Kabir is the only God who nurtures the whole universe. He is in form and playing the role of a weaver in Kashi, Uttar Pradesh. Evidence in Guru Granth Sahib page 24, Raag Siri, Mehla 1, Shabad no. 29; Guru Granth Sahib, page 721, Mehla 1; and, in some portions of Guru Granth Sahib, Raag Asavari, Mehla 1.
- The Holy Bible also says that Kabir God is in form, and He is not formless
International Day of Democracy 2020 Quotes
I understand Democracy as something that gives the weak the same chance as the strong. –Mahatma Gandhi
A great democracy must be progressive, or it will soon cease to be a great democracy.Theodore Roosevelt
Democracy is “government of, by and for the people”Abraham Lincoln
Our Race is a living being; Humanity is our religionSaint Rampal Ji
Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, There is no separate religion
Spiritual Democracy provides us with the freedom to choose the Supreme GodSaint Rampal Ji
Come in the Refuge of Saint Rampal Ji to Get All Sins Destroyed
Spiritual Democracy provides us with the freedom to choose among the Supreme God Kabir Saheb, Kaal Brahm, Durga, Vishnu, or Shiva. Our decision to choose God has its consequences to decide our future. Only God Kabir Saheb has the power to destroy all our sins. All other deities can provide us according to our fate.
Kabir Saheb in His Bani says that
Kabir, Jab hee satyanaam hrday dharo, Bhayo paap ko naash|
Jaise chingaaree agni kee, Padai puraane ghaas||
Explanation: As soon as one takes the Naam initiation (Satnaam) from an enlightened Guru, it destroys all the deadly sins. It is just like a spark of fire that burns the heap of dry grass.
Listen to the Spiritual Discourses of Saint Rampal Ji
Make yourself aware of the Spiritual Democracy, and please listen to the spiritual Discourse of Saint Rampal Ji on the Sadhna channel at 7:30 – 8:30 pm. One can download the Book Gyan Ganga for more information.