From Rashtrapati Bhawan to India Gate in Delhi and BMC building in Mumbai to Howrah bridge in Kolkata, all these historic monuments switched off their lights for an hour from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm on Saturday to observe Earth Hour 2022. Every year, it is observed across the globe to celebrate earth hour and aim to support our planet in all possible ways.
Earth Hour 2022: Highlights
- Earth hour is celebrated every year on 26th march, by switching off lights for one hour and the set timing is 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Earth Hour was first observed in 2007 in Sydney as a symbolic lights-out event by the World Wildlife Fund and its allies.
- Since then every year on the last Saturday of March the event is observed and raises awareness about climate change.
- The motto of this event is to spread awareness as climate change has become a crisis and to boost global conversations on saving nature and essentials.
- People around the world switch off lights in support of nature & the planet on Saturday, 26 March 2022, between 8:30pm-9:30pm.
- The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) building in Mumbai shuts its light to observe #EarthHour2022
- Decorative lights at Kolkata’s iconic Howrah Bridge turned off to observe #EarthHour2022.
- Let us save our planet together. The theme for this year’s Earth Hour is “Shape Our Future.”
Why Only One Day in a Year to Celebrate the Earth Hour?
On 26th March, every year, Earth hour is observed to promote the need and development of Earth on a massive scale including the 178 countries around the world. Since the year 2007, Earth Hour is an annual tradition started by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in Australia.
Who Started Earth Hour and Why?
Earth Hour was started in 2007 by the World life fund (WWF) in Sydney, Australia to bring and engage people on awareness about the earth planet. This event is a form of initiative of WWF, to create attention of society towards the environmental issues.
What is the Theme for Earth Hour 2022?
“Shape our future” is the theme for this year’s Earth hour 2022. This year Earth hour was observed in more than 190 countries around the world at 8:30 pm on 26th march. The objective of this event is to take action on and raise awareness of the issues that the earth is facing. Many experts and supporters believe that this event or movement can be game changing for mankind’s future, for the advantages of people and the planet.
What is Earth Hour & the Reason Behind its Celebration?
Earth hour is an event or movement that is organized by WWF. It is a type of symbolic event to create attention and awareness about climate change in society across the globe, celebrated on 26th march 2022. Earth hour is celebrated worldwide by WWF, it is held annually, which encourages people, communities to participate and take some strong commitment towards conserving the wealth of Earth.
Why Do People Turn Off Lights on Earth hour?
As discussed above, Earth hour is being celebrated on 26th march 2022 at 8:30 pm with people around the world switching off non-essential electric lights & gadgets for an hour to mark awareness about energy and conservation. People in order to conserve the planet earth shut the lights.
What is the Significance of Earth Hour?
Earth hour is an appeal of spreading awareness related to environmental issues in our global and local communities. It motivates people like individuals, communities, corporations, and households to turn off their lights to show support and awareness to fight against climate change and commitment towards making the planet a better place.
Earth Hour 2022 Quotes
- Give Love and care to mother Earth and it will give you more than expected.
- On Earth Hour, the world turned off electric power for an hour to limit the utilization of energy.
- Save energy each day, one day is not enough to observe Earth hour.
- Earth Hour reminds individuals to make a combined move to spare Mother Nature. Everyone’s support will be counted towards the preservation of nature.
- Earth Hour assists with limiting carbon discharge somewhat by exchanging the power for 60 minutes.
- Global warming, climate change, unhealthy Living’ conditions and diseases are threats to mankind today but the solution lies only in True Spiritual research.
Know Who Can Save Our Planet Earth?
As we can see around, various new diseases and venomous pollution has increased on earth drastically. Due to climate change & global warming people are facing hazardous health and environmental issues. Life on Earth has become harder year after year. Nothing seems ‘ok’ with the atmosphere. The condition of the environment is not healthy for the Living’ beings because of this the life on Earth has become short.
People are harming nature in all possible ways so nature is reciprocating now. Breathing in fresh air has become the talk of the past. Now the question arises here: Who can help nature to get its health, beauty and characteristics back soon?
How to Bring Good Time again?
Fortunately, this all is going to change soon because a Satyug-like atmosphere is going to arrive in Kalyug (the present age) under the Leadership of JagatGuru Tatvadarshi Sant Rampal Ji Maharaj. The entire world will take Naam Diksha (Initiation) from Sant Rampal Ji and do SatBhakti according to the scriptures. Then, the trees will be in abundance on the whole earth quite soon. Trees will be loaded with fruits and plants with flowers.
This Earth is just like a picnic spot for all human beings who come here to eat, sleep, play, work and go back leaving a lot of garbage & mess all over it but when God Himself comes on Earth to help us , He repairs everything as it was before. This Earth was created by Supreme God Kabir Sahib Ji for all Living Beings. To know why this creation came into existence by God Kabir ji please read the Spiritual Book “Gyan Ganga“ written by Saint Rampal ji Maharaj ji and you can download it from Sant Rampal ji Maharaj App and then you will get to know how the Earth will be saved again.