Mahashivratri 2021: Is Lord Shiva Really Worshipable?
Mahashivratri 2021 Puja: India is a land with festivals in abundance. For the devotees of Lord Shiva, Mahashivratri is one of the most sacred festivals. But apart from its sacredness, let us know about the authenticity of its rituals in relevance with Holy Scriptures. Explore the facts mentioned in the blog associated with its rituals.
What Is Mahashivratri?
Mahashivratri is one of the most sacred festivals for the devotees of Lord Shiva in the Hindu mythology. It is celebrated annually so as to honour Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva is said to perform his heavenly dance on this occasion. But celebrating it can’t yield salvation to the devotees.
When Is Mahashivratri 2021 Puja?
The date of Mahashivratri 2021 happens to be March 11. This date is not the same every year, it changes every year as per Phalguna month which comes before the arrival of summer.
Mahashivratri is an annual festival while Shivratri isn’t. Shivratri occurs once in every luni-solar month on the 13th night/14th day as per Hindu calendar. On the other hand, Mahashivratri comes once a year at the arrival of summer in the month of February or March.
Why Do We Celebrate Mahashivratri?
Mahashivratri 2021 Puja: Every devotee of Lord Shiva wants to attain him and for that purpose he celebrates this festival with great enthusiasm. And in the path of attaining God they follow various sorts of rituals i.e., observing fasts, doing meditation (called Hath Yoga) for hours, worship Shivling, etc. as made popular by various priests and sages. But contrary to this, the real significance of Mahashivratri is in recognizing and adopting the method to attain the Almighty as per our Holy Scriptures. With education, it will be a cake walk for an individual to understand the gist of our Holy Scriptures so as to walk on the correct path of attaining God.
Holy Geeta chapter 16:23:- states that the one abandoning the injunctions of the scriptures, acts according to his whimsical desires, neither attain spiritual powers (siddhi), nor supreme state, nor happiness.
Uptill now, Lord Shiva was manifested to be the supreme power by the ignorant priests and sages because they were unable to understand our Holy Scriptures completely. And for making a huge following, they manipulate their devotees from the reality so as to make a source of money out of them. Supreme God is free from birth and death (i.e. He is immortal) and is even capable of giving us benefits which aren’t in our destinies. Let’s see the evidence which will help you understand more clearly:-
- In Holy Devi Puran (from Geeta Press Gorakhpur), 3rd Skand, chapter 5, page number 123, lord Vishnu clearly tells his mother; goddess Durga; that we three Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh take birth and die too and we perform our respective duties in her guidance.
- Holy Geeta chapter 7 verse 12-15, it is mentioned that worshippers of three gunas i.e. Rajguna-Brahma, Satguna-Vishnu and Tamguna-Shiva are demons in the form of humans. It clearly means that their worship is not in accordance with Holy Scriptures. Hence, not advisable.
- There’s evidence in Holy Shiv Purana about a man SadaShiv who is none other than the father of Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh; who most often appears in front of them with some other identity so as to deceive them from his true identity and the identity of Supreme God. That’s the reason why they know about the mother Goddess Durga but are totally unaware of their father. Evidence has also been mentioned in Holy Geeta chapter 14 verse 3-5 about the existence of Jyoti Niranjan or Brahm (Kaal).
Sant Garibdas from Harayana says:-
Teeno devta kaal hai, Brahma vishnu or mahesh |
Bhule chuke samjhio, Sab kahu Aadesh ||
These facts may be new for most of us but they are from our Holy Scriptures. And to Attain God we must follow our Scriptures.
Mahashivratri 2021 Puja: Let Us Know the Logic Behind the Rituals of the Festival
With the popularity of the festival, there are some man made rituals that are currently associated with the festival which have no spiritual importance as per our Holy Scriptures. For a pious soul these rituals are hard to follow as it involves great physical efforts.
- Mahashivratri Fast and Staying awake for practicing meditation:- It has been mentioned in Holy Geeta chapter 6:16 that worship of those devotees is not successful who either eats a lot or doesn’t eat at all or sleeps a lot or doesn’t sleep at all.
- Meditation (HathYoga) :- In Holy Geeta, chapter 3 verse 4-9 and chapter 17 verse 1-6, it is clearly and strictly stated that worshippers performing HathYoga by any means are demons in the form of humans and are thus useless.
Performing HathYoga doesn’t lead to attainment of God, contrary to this, it leads to hell. Sant Gareebdas from Haryana says:-
Garib, Tap se raj, Raj madhyay manam|
Janam teesre shukr shavanam ||
- Idol Worship of Shivling:- The only way of attaining God has been mentioned in Holy Geeta chapter 17:23 that OM-TAT-SAT is the method of attaining God and nothing else. No provision of Idol worship is there in Holy Scriptures hence this practice is useless. Kabir Saheb says:-
Bed padhe par bhed na jane, Banche puran atharah|
Pathar ki puja kare, Bhule Sirjanhara||
- Chant mantra Om Namah Shivaya:- Recitation of the mantra Om Namah Shivaya is neither mentioned in Holy Geeta nor in Holy Vedas. The mentioning of OM-TAT-SAT in which TAT and SAT are indicative words does not mean that it is Om Namah Shivaya, exact words are to be revealed by an enlightened (Tatvadarshi) Saint (Holy Geeta chapter 4:34)
Know about Supreme God on Mahashivratri 2021 Puja
People should think that every time they see Lord Shiva, he seems to be in a state of meditation or worshipping somebody. No one ever thought whom does he worship for attaining benefits? The answer is Supreme God. Because Supreme God is the one who is fostering everything everywhere.
Lord Kabir or Kabir Saheb is the true immortal Supreme God worthy of being worshipped. He came onto the Holy land of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh from His native abode Satyalok around 600 years ago to reveal His true spiritual knowledge for His pious souls. Upon His arrival, initially He was considered to be a weaver or poet but He manifested through His divine acts that He is none other than Supreme God.
Lord Shiva is also one of the pious souls of Supreme God Kabir and He went on to meet Lord Shiva at the beginning of the first satyuga as a saint. He revealed His true spiritual knowledge to him and gave him the first mantra of salvation, Lord Shiva gave Him full respect and did as He said. Sant Garibdas mentioned in His sacred speech about this incident:-
Hum bairagi Brahm padh, Sanyasi Mahadev |
Soham Mantra diya shankar ko, Kare humari sev ||
Uptill now he is meditating and reciting the same mantra as given to him by the Supreme God Kabir. But being manipulated by Kaal-Brahm (Satan), Shiva respected Him but didn’t entertain Supreme God Kabir upon His next arrival.
It is very hard for a new reader to digest the fact that Kabir is the name of the Supreme Power, how can it be possible? But now with proof in our Holy Scriptures, it will be very easy to identify Supreme God.
- He is mentioned in Holy Geeta chapter 2:17, 7:29, 8:1, 8:3, 8:8-10, 8:21-22 15:4, 15:17, 18:62,64,66 with the name as Param Akshar Purush and Kavir Dev.
- And in Holy RigVeda, Mandal no 9: Sukt 20 Mantra 1, Sukt 82 Mantra 1-2, Sukt 86 Mantra 26-27, Sukt 94 Mantra 1, Sukt 96 Mantra 16-20 and in Holy YajurVeda in Chapter 29 Verse 25 and in various other verses, Lord Kabir is mentioned as Kavir Dev.
With such proof in front of our eyes, we should not delay in taking refuge in the Almighty.
Who Can Help Us Attain Supreme God kabir?
Lord Kabir has currently given us the provision to take Naam Diksha (initiation) from Him in the form of Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj who is on the Holy Land of Haryana. As He is the only Tatvdarshi Saint according to Holy Geeta chapter 4:34, to reveal the mantras of salvation.
He stands true on all the criteria qualifying Him as a Complete Saint and has been able to explain the meaning of Holy Geeta chapter 15 verse 1-4. After reading all these facts one shouldn’t waste his time and take initiation from Saint Rampal Ji Maharaj to take the refuge of the Almighty.
S A NEWS