World Blood Donor Day 2020: Importance of Blood Donor Day?
In every two seconds, someone needs blood to survive. There’s no substitute of human blood and its shelf life is limited. World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on 14 June. This day is celebrated to promote blood donation. Camps are also organized at many places to donate blood on 14 June i.e. World Blood Donor Day 2020. The main purpose of celebrating this day is to provide blood as per need in the world. If a sufficient amount of blood will be available in the blood banks, then life can be saved in time.
World Blood Donor Day initiated by WHO
The World Health Organization started this day in 2004. Since then, World Blood Donor Day is observed every year on 14 June. Karl Landsteiner was a scientist who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1930 for the detection of blood groups. Karl Landsteiner’s birthday was on 14 June, the day of his birthday is celebrated as Blood Donor Day.
Importance of World Blood Donor Day
The main objective of celebrating World Blood Donor Day is to make people aware of blood donation. By donating blood voluntarily, an adequate amount of blood will be available in the blood banks, so that the patient can get blood easily if needed.
■ Also Read: World Day Against Child Labour 2020
Donating blood can give new life to many people. Many people in the country and world die of blood loss every day. Celebrating this day can remind people that donating blood is necessary.
The theme of World Blood Donor Day 2020
The theme of World Blood Donor Day 2020 is ‘Safe Blood, Saves Lives‘.
Blood donors should know:
- The donor should be in good health. The donor should not be a diabetic, anemic patient, smoker, or alcoholic.
- According to doctors, a healthy person should donate blood only.
- Any healthy person whose age is more than 18 years can donate blood.
- The person donating blood must weigh more than 45 kg.
- Eat a healthy meal for about three hours before donating blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water or juice the night before and the day of donating blood.
- Wear loose clothes while donating blood so that you can move your arm easily.
- Avoid exercising or strenuous physical activity on the day of blood donation.
Saints are always benevolent
Great Saint Rampal Ji is a benevolent saint and he is always ahead of helping the society. A few months back with his efforts his disciples started a website to help and find donors in the country. Blood donation by Jagatguru Saint Rampal Ji. By clicking on the site you can find the closest donor to help you.
World Blood Donor Day 2020: His purpose is to provide a sufficient amount of blood availability in the blood banks, and according to his teachings, his disciples are always ready to help in saving lives. Sant Rampal Ji’s blood donation organization has provided thousands of blood units to police and the army. His disciple’s regularly organize blood donation camps.
S A NEWS